that didn't take long

Looks like Sankey slapped slapped their wrist and told them to be supportive

aTm was told SUAC (shut up and color)!

aTm will benefit at least an extra $10 million per year in SEC revenues as will the other SEC teams from the expansion.

However they will lose their competitive advantage of recruiting in the state of Texas.

'It's all but a done deal at this point it seems, but this will only further solidify us as a perineal middling team in the conference, and our administration is 100% OK with that as long as it means more SEC Network money.

Taint so:
You may want to look up the definition of perineal and correct that to perennial to avoid embarrassment.

I do hate Android 11's auto complete.

Reactions: Myrtleturtle
It's not about being afraid, it's about adding two more teams to the SEC, who already recruit heavily in the SEC states, but previously had the drawback of being in the Big12.

You can't win in the SEC if you can't consistently recruit at a high level, and adding Texas and Oklahoma, will make it harder for us to woo those players that are good enough to start for teams like Alabama/Georgia/Florida, but would still be 2nd or 3rd on the depth chart in spite of the talent.

It's a net loss for UT in terms of finding a path back to relevance in the conference.
Those things make it slightly more challenging but the real difference maker is who you hire as head coach…. Georgia, Alabama, Florida, Auburn, Texas, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Florida State, Miami etc have all been dominate at times and way below average at times….. When you hire the right man for the job then your program will be successful…. If you don’t then it will flounder like Tennessee has for years.

Tennessee will be happy to go 5-7 for the rest of our lives as long as they're making that sweet SEC cash! Sad but true
Many a once great sports program has fallen and drifted off into irrelevance. Starting to look like UT is joining their ranks in football. We're already looking at the Pitt game as determining our bowl chances. Used to be UF and UGA were going to be the difference in playing for hardware vs another Citrus Bowl. What I wouldn't give for those days again. Looks like our key opponents going forward will be the likes of UK, USC and Candy. As you said...just sad.

Tennessee will in no way benefit from adding two more teams to the SEC, who already heavily recruit the same states we do, and have administrations that care about winning.

It's all but a done deal at this point it seems, but this will only further solidify us as a perennial middling team in the conference, and our administration is 100% ok with that as lone as it means more SEC Network money.
I disagree. If they realign the divisions and bring Alabama and Auburn over to the East and move Mizzou to the west, that means our other rivals have to play Alabama every year just like we do. The level of competition suddenly becomes much more evenly distributed. Plus I would MUCH rather play Auburn every year than Mizzou. That used to be such a classic rivalry and I want to see it come back. Mizzou can go back to playing their old big 12 rivals every year.

Tennessee will in no way benefit from adding two more teams to the SEC, who already heavily recruit the same states we do, and have administrations that care about winning.

It's all but a done deal at this point it seems, but this will only further solidify us as a perennial middling team in the conference, and our administration is 100% ok with that as lone as it means more SEC Network money.

OU and Texas are both great for the SEC. But I'm having a really hard time trying to figure out how this is in any way good for Tennessee, at least in football. I think basketball and baseball we are in good to great shape. But football.....not seeing it at all.

In the end, I don't care, as I'd rather get beaten by the best then beat a bunch of nobodies and then get stomped when we played someone real and I won't ever stop hoping but.....I think it's going to be a very long time before we win even an SEC Championship again. I think best case scenario for the next 20-30 years is we are good enough to get an at large playoff bid after they expand it.

Tennessee football is done and finished at least as being a national contender and SEC contender. Hope you guys enjoy championships seasons of 7-5 and 8-4 cause that will be the ceiling for Tennessee football going forward for the future. But we might can celebrate huge wins and upsets over South Carolina and Kentucky and Mizzou occasionally. By the time I turn 50 in 2029 I fully expect them to have 14 game losing streaks to Georgia and Florida and a 23 game losing streak to Bama along with two new beatdowns from Texas and Oklahoma when they rotate on the schedule.

Reactions: Catbone
Tennessee football is done and finished at least as being a national contender and SEC contender. Hope you guys enjoy championships seasons of 7-5 and 8-4 cause that will be the ceiling for Tennessee football going forward for the future. But we might can celebrate huge wins and upsets over South Carolina and Kentucky and Mizzou occasionally. By the time I turn 50 in 2029 I fully expect them to have 14 game losing streaks to Georgia and Florida and a 23 game losing streak to Bama along with two new beatdowns from Texas and Oklahoma when they rotate on the schedule.
Your trolling has gotten very, very old. No real Tennessee fan has any interest in your opinion.

Texas brings nothing but problems and a Fulmer sized ego and arrogance to a conference which was built on share and share alike, the success of the conference was more important that the success of any particular program, all boats were financially lifted by the success of the conference,

Texas single handedly destroyed the old Southwest Confetence, then drove Nebraska, Colorado, Missouri and aTm out of the Big 12, destroyed that conference as well and the SEC Presidents think Texas is a good fit for the SEC? The conference will be in lawsuits with Texas over something within 5 years of their entry into the SEC, how much money is enough for the conference schools from the conference tit? Very little upside for the fan base, particularly once the SEC Championship ends up in Dallas, the SEC baseball tournament ends up at the Rangers Stadium and the SEC basketball tournament ends up at the Alamo Dome.

Roy Kramer and Mike Slive would never allow a sh!7 show like this to even be mentioned when we should be talking about the upcoming football season.

Reactions: adowns and VAVol85
I disagree. If they realign the divisions and bring Alabama and Auburn over to the East and move Mizzou to the west, that means our other rivals have to play Alabama every year just like we do. The level of competition suddenly becomes much more evenly distributed. Plus I would MUCH rather play Auburn every year than Mizzou. That used to be such a classic rivalry and I want to see it come back. Mizzou can go back to playing their old big 12 rivals every year.

We have no clue what a realigned conference looks like once this is said and done, but how does Florida and Georgia playing Alabama every year help us beat any of them?

Now throw in cross-division play with Texas and Oklahoma in the mix, and most likely a 9+ game SEC schedule, and the path to the SECCG is even more difficult than it is now for a UT with poor relatively in-state talent, and even more recruiting competition in SEC states with the addition of two more teams.

Really amazing they hid this for 6 months and kept it quiet
I think their President was in the loop the whole time. This thing was at the top levels to have been quiet for this long... Probably sat the Chancellor and AD down and said nope guys, its a go. Doesn't hurt that they appear to be upset to appease some of the fanbase. But now, time to move along.

With potential for announcement this week from both schools and SEC, needed to settle things down.

We have no clue what a realigned conference looks like once this is said and done, but how does Florida and Georgia playing Alabama every year help us beat any of them?

Now throw in cross-division play with Texas and Oklahoma in the mix, and most likely a 9+ game SEC schedule, and the path to the SECCG is even more difficult than it is now for a UT with poor relatively in-state talent, and even more recruiting competition in SEC states with the addition of two more teams.

This, I don't understand how them having to play Alabama helps us beat them. Sure it means one more loss for them but that has zero to do with us beating Florida, Georgia, and Auburn.

Personally a lot of this "it helps Tennessee" feels like a ton of wishful thinking and in some cases taking so-called positives and ignoring the negatives.

We are not losing due to the level of competition…. We are losing due to being poorly run from administration on down.
And now we have an administration that wants to do things " the right way". Not sure how you're supposed to win like that when no other SEC admin thinks that way other than maybe Vanderbilt

Reactions: BigOrangeAl 1979

. Yep doesn’t bode well considering we have had 9 losing seasons since 2005 and four losing seasons before Mizzou and A&M joined in 2012

And now we have an administration that wants to do things " the right way". Not sure how you're supposed to win like that when no other SEC admin thinks that way other than maybe Vanderbilt
I have 100% confidence in DW and willing to see what he can get done.

Some of you act as if Saban will coach forever...I remember, the Bear, and while he was there, it was Hell playing Alabama. After Bryant was out...not so much!

Reactions: preacherwebb
Some of you act as if Saban will coach forever...I remember, the Bear, and while he was there, it was Hell playing Alabama. After Bryant was out...not so much!

Saban lives in some of fans heads rent free far far worse than any player to see the field. It’s sad….

Fk Saban and the period team.

. These are different times Bama will be in great shape whenever he retires and we still will be rebuilding.

florida and Georgia having to play Bama every year doesn’t help us beat any of them.
but it does make me feel better from a fairness standpoint.

Texas brings nothing but problems and a Fulmer sized ego and arrogance to a conference which was built on share and share alike, the success of the conference was more important that the success of any particular program, all boats were financially lifted by the success of the conference,

Texas single handedly destroyed the old Southwest Confetence, then drove Nebraska, Colorado, Missouri and aTm out of the Big 12, destroyed that conference as well and the SEC Presidents think Texas is a good fit for the SEC? The conference will be in lawsuits with Texas over something within 5 years of their entry into the SEC, how much money is enough for the conference schools from the conference tit? Very little upside for the fan base, particularly once the SEC Championship ends up in Dallas, the SEC baseball tournament ends up at the Rangers Stadium and the SEC basketball tournament ends up at the Alamo Dome.

Roy Kramer and Mike Slive would never allow a sh!7 show like this to even be mentioned when we should be talking about the upcoming football season.
I completely agree with this. No way TX joins a conference without the intention of running the show. It will be very interesting to see if the old school SEC teams hang together and resist them or if new alliances form to dilute the current Alabama hegemony.

I look forward to TX and OU coming through Knoxville every few years. But, I do worry about some dude in a cowboy hat angling to take away the SEC championship tickets I have had for 15 years.

Reactions: 508mikey

VN Store

Back