Thanks to our American Veterans - you are heroes

UT Hill Man

I ♥ Big Jugs
We salute you!
US_Veterans_Logo.jpg

Our military deserves every ounce of respect we can give them. I remember hearing a French man tell a story of his family during WW2. The battle was raging in the countryside where they lived and his ole father had gotten his family into an earthen storm cellar and they were hiding in fear. After a while things quieted down. Then suddenly a loud noise of a tank rolling up was heard. As the children and mother were frozen with fear the father slowly cracked open the cellar door. To his astonishment he saw that star on the side of the tank and yelled joyously to his family...."IT'S THE AMERCIAN...WE ARE SAFE NOW". He said he would never, ever forget that star and the beautiful flag flying on that tank and to this day he stills thanks God everyday for the United States military. I love that story for two reasons. I always think of my father who was highly decorated from WW2 (as many of your fathers and grandfathers were too) and I just love the United States of America and often wonder where our world would be today without her! Thanks for starting this thread!

I wonder if all the Protestors had given of themselves to Protect our Freedom would still be out there Protesting? Chew on that.
Our country was founded on a protest. The founders were protestors. They believed in protest so much that they protected speech and assembly over any other right. When our soldiers die and fight, they do so to protect dissent. It is our most fundamental right as defined by our Declaration of Independence, and the Constitution. If you think protesting is unAmerican, you bought the wrong story.

Reactions: Toujours Pret
Our country was founded on a protest. The founders were protestors. They believed in protest so much that they protected speech and assembly over any other right. When our soldiers die and fight, they do so to protect dissent. It is our most fundamental right as defined by our Declaration of Independence, and the Constitution. If you think protesting is unAmerican, you bought the wrong story.
And that's why there will always be battles and wars. Our forefathers did protest--they protested what they thought was injustice, and in so doing, they established a country that has produced the most good for the largest number of people the world has ever known. Naturally, there will be those who see things differently and they will begin their protests, and so on and so on. I guess it comes down to everybody has to choose which side they think is right. I know which side I'm on.

And that's why there will always be battles and wars. Our forefathers did protest--they protested what they thought was injustice, and in so doing, they established a country that has produced the most good for the largest number of people the world has ever known. Naturally, there will be those who see things differently and they will begin their protests, and so on and so on. I guess it comes down to everybody has to choose which side they think is right. I know which side I'm on.
I’m not sure what sides you’re talking about. I have ancestors who fought in every war since the Revolutionary War. They fought to protect speech and assembly. When people find a policy or practice unjust, they have the right to gather and say so. That isn’t a “side”.

I don't remember the part where the patriots covered their faces as they destroyed their villages. Maybe that form of protest is antiquated.

Reactions: DonDiego
I don't remember the part where the patriots covered their faces as they destroyed their villages. Maybe that form of protest is antiquated.
My guess is you don’t remember what you never knew. I didn’t endorse rioting. As for your assertion that American Revolutionaries didn’t riot, try reading. You’re wrong.

My guess is you don’t remember what you never knew. I didn’t endorse rioting. As for your assertion that American Revolutionaries didn’t riot, try reading. You’re wrong.
Nice. Maybe you can learn me some more history. Maybe something that aligns American Revolutionaries with what happened in "Chaz".

I was actually being kind to the "Protestors". What I saw was far from Protesting. I'll try to be more precise FNO.

Reactions: TennesseeTarheel

Protesting is fine. Rioting, looting, stealing and burning are not.

There’s a difference.

Protesting is fine. Rioting, looting, stealing and burning are not.

There’s a difference.
Great. I already said I don’t support rioting. Let’s just note that the total number of unruly protestors were statistically few, and those who were violent were even more rare. You probably don’t want to discuss the distribution of far left vs far right as it won’t help your narrative. Again, our founding fathers rioted, looted and killed during their “protests”. My original point was pretty simple, we have the right to protest. It’s the reason we send soldiers to war, to protect that (and other) freedoms. If you want to disparage rioters, you won’t get pushback from me, but protestors by definition are something else.

Great. I already said I don’t support rioting. Let’s just note that the total number of unruly protestors were statistically few, and those who were violent were even more rare. You probably don’t want to discuss the distribution of far left vs far right as it won’t help your narrative. Again, our founding fathers rioted, looted and killed during their “protests”. My original point was pretty simple, we have the right to protest. It’s the reason we send soldiers to war, to protect that (and other) freedoms. If you want to disparage rioters, you won’t get pushback from me, but protestors by definition are something else.

Thanks for restating my point.

Joe, what does she do in the service. That's quite a weapon behind her there. You should be proud.
She is currently what's called a crew chief, and loves it. I'm proud as can be, and stay worried, she's deployed at the moment. I have asked if she could arrange some target practice on certain stadiums, but it's a no so far😂

Reactions: malinoisvol
She is currently what's called a crew chief, and loves it. I'm proud as can be, and stay worried, she's deployed at the moment. I have asked if she could arrange some target practice on certain stadiums, but it's a no so far😂
Big responsibility she has... I worked jet engines for 21 years. Then did inspector duties on F16s ,A10s, and C130s for 17 more. as civil service.

Reactions: joevol33

VN Store

Back