Thanks from Opposing Fan! (Poor Thread Start)

VOLifornia

The REAL Lurker
Well team after almost 15 years this is my very thread start. I felt It appropriate because, on Thanksgiving, this gentlemen who waited on me and the family tonight in Oakland, after our trip in Hawaii, was humbling and thankful all in the same vein.

He said..”hey we beat you guys a few years ago but I always cheer for the VOLS! They are an amazing fan base and team, and I’m a Cal Alum”. I was humbled due to the fact that for the last decade we have nothing to truly embrace, yet he still thought of us as a national contender. They beat us in ‘07 and our thunderstorm butt whipping ‘06 didn’t carry much weight in ‘07 (where the family got soaked).

I guess what carries weight was.. a comment about how well “The ORANGE traveled” and “how amazing we were as a fan base”, It was an amazing conversation!

Go VOLS!
I hope everyone got to enjoy their families during this Thanksgiving!

Last edited:
for some reason after the last few years..this post just is not the same.

I say kick there/their collective ass then say yeah this rich dingle berry was nice once at a dinner,..!

#my2

Well team after almost 15 years this is my very thread start. I felt It appropriate because, on Thanksgiving, this gentlemen who waited on me and the family tonight in Oakland, after our trip in Hawaii, was humbling and thankful all in the same vein.

He said..”hey we beat you guys a few years ago but I always cheer for the VOLS! They are an amazing fan base and team, and I’m a Cal Alum”. I was humbled due to the fact that for the last decade we have nothing to truly embrace, yet he still thought of us as a national contender. They beat us in ‘07 and our thunderstorm butt whipping ‘06 didn’t carry much weight in ‘07 (where the family got soaked).

I guess what carries weight was.. a comment about how well “The ORANGE traveled” and “how amazing we were as a fan base”, It was an amazing conversation!

Go VOLS!

After the 2006 game I heard a lot of people talking about how well they were treated in Knoxville. Tailgating in Berkeley in 2007, I heard the same thing from the Cal fans. Everyone I talked to had a great time in Knoxville the year before.

Reactions: VOLSONLY

Go VOLS!

If this guy is really sharp, he can insert any fan base into this statement (whether his team won or not or even played his mark a game). Bet it makes for good tips. Hope I'am wrong about what I suspect, and he really if a Vol supporter. But......

Happy Thanksgivings! I met VOLS in every island we visited during our stay.
#WeAreEverywhere-VOLS

Along those lines:
Back in the mid 80's I had the good fortune to earn a trip to "the islands". At that time a basketball tourney that was held with or by Chaminade. (still is played) They beat a "big" team in that time frame (Mich. I think) they were an instant "story" here on the mainland. While I was there I tried to find T-shirts for my kids. (never did) In on sports apparel/equipment shop, they didn't even know the school I as referring to, let alone have any shirts for the place. BUT, they did have some Vols stuff. Though it kinda funny. (the store also had stuff for other mainland schools)

Reactions: MemphisVol77
After the 2006 game, we never should have told the public that we has their signs.

That was dumb.

Along those lines:
Back in the mid 80's I had the good fortune to earn a trip to "the islands". At that time a basketball tourney that was held with or by Chaminade. (still is played) They beat a "big" team in that time frame (Mich. I think) they were an instant "story" here on the mainland. While I was there I tried to find T-shirts for my kids. (never did) In on sports apparel/equipment shop, they didn't even know the school I as referring to, let alone have any shirts for the place. BUT, they did have some Vols stuff. Though it kinda funny. (the store also had stuff for other mainland schools)

I believe it was Virginia they beat, when 7' 4" center Ralph Sampson played. One of the biggest upset in NCAA Basketball history. I think Virginia was rated #1 at the time.

Reactions: savannahfan
Good ole Third and Chavis gave the game away like he did countless times by playing so soft. It was so ridiculous that Cal's OC, Norm Chow, laughed because it was so easy to move the ball when the game was on the line.

If this guy is really sharp, he can insert any fan base into this statement (whether his team won or not or even played his mark a game). Bet it makes for good tips. Hope I'am wrong about what I suspect, and he really if a Vol supporter. But......

true negavol jk

true negavol jk

Nope!!! Just think I see a chance for a real sharp person to make money. As far as being negative, yes sometimes I see a glass 1/2 empty. But I try to not let my heart cloud my hopes AND fears (I think this comes with age and some less than good experiences). ANY WAY, GO MY BELOVED VOLS!!! BEAT THE HELL OUT'A VANDY!!!!

Nope!!! Just think I see a chance for a real sharp person to make money. As far as being negative, yes sometimes I see a glass 1/2 empty. But I try to not let my heart cloud my hopes AND fears (I think this comes with age and some less than good experiences). ANY WAY, GO MY BELOVED VOLS!!! BEAT THE HELL OUT'A VANDY!!!!

I understood your point and very valid . Beat Vandy badly!

Reactions: savannahfan
Painful loss in Cal. I remember that game because the hippies were protesting by living in trees and all of the pot smoke rolling off of tightwad hill next to the stadium.

VN Store

Back