Thanks basketball Vols

ladyVOLfan333

proud2baVOLfan
and Coach Pearl for all your accomplishments this year. I have enjoyed watching.

Go get 'um next year. :salute:

i did watch even tho being frustrated a lot. he's raised expectations and this yr was hopefully just a rebuilding year

4 years in a row to the dance... I know I'm not that old, but before bruce I didn't care at all about our mens basketball team. I think the man is doing a hell of a job. And I love the intensity and fire he brings to the program

i agree, with all of the question marks coming into this season and the 5 big loses of personnel from last year, we should take the good from this season and look to next year. Whats done is done and although we underachieved in most fans opinions (mine included), we were able to win the East Championship and make it to the Big Dance. Lets be appreciative to the team and coaching staff for giving us another year to cheer for a winning program and meaningful basketball to watch in March. 5 years ago B-ball was the furthest thing from Vol fans minds.......

Give me a break, The SEC blows and we still couldn't win the regular season or the SEC tourney and we have some of the most talented group of players in the country. today was a big embarrassment to UT.

we didnt play a team from the sec in the tourney we played a team that was very talented and got the bucket when they needed it.. okla st played well and i am very proud of this team and what they accomplished and we did win the sec east by the way and got to the tournamnet final... face it 64 teams lose in the tourney who cares that its first round or the final

Give me a break, The SEC blows and we still couldn't win the regular season or the SEC tourney and we have some of the most talented group of players in the country. today was a big embarrassment to UT.

Your right, and i agree w/ you, especially after today's game. Yet i don't think we realized 1) How much are guards would suck 2)How bad we would be defensively 3) HOw dumb are players are. They lack toughness and while we missed Chris, JaJuan and Jordna's leadership, I think we miss more the toughness that Duke and Ramar brought to this team mentally and defensively. THis team is soft and while not the best players UT ever has had, Duke and Ramar brought toughenss. I would have been interested to see what this team would have been like had those two played for the Vols this year.

I think you are an embarrassment to the tn fans with your bizarre comments.

Your right, and i agree w/ you, especially after today's game. Yet i don't think we realized 1) How much are guards would suck 2)How bad we would be defensively 3) HOw dumb are players are. They lack toughness and while we missed Chris, JaJuan and Jordna's leadership, I think we miss more the toughness that Duke and Ramar brought to this team mentally and defensively. THis team is soft and while not the best players UT ever has had, Duke and Ramar brought toughenss. I would have been interested to see what this team would have been like had those two played for the Vols this year.

Just get off this thread, and learn that it's OUR not ARE. Are is like "You are an idiot." I would rather have lost every game than had Duke and Ramar pulling crap or breaking rules or whatever they did, and I'm glad Pearl kicked them off, and that we have a Coach who cares about discipline. These guys had a great season, and they were young, inexperienced, and Wayne and Tyler had to step up and be leaders, and I think did a fairly good job doing it. We had Bobby, Tatum, Hopson, Negedu, Woolridge coming in learning the system and being new for us, and they did a good job, and will only get better. I'm ready for next year already, but I'm celebrating this year. It wasn't as great as past seasons, but it wasn't the same players either. You can't win them all. Go Vols!

Just get off this thread, and learn that it's OUR not ARE. Are is like "You are an idiot." I would rather have lost every game than had Duke and Ramar pulling crap or breaking rules or whatever they did, and I'm glad Pearl kicked them off, and that we have a Coach who cares about discipline. These guys had a great season, and they were young, inexperienced, and Wayne and Tyler had to step up and be leaders, and I think did a fairly good job doing it. We had Bobby, Tatum, Hopson, Negedu, Woolridge coming in learning the system and being new for us, and they did a good job, and will only get better. I'm ready for next year already, but I'm celebrating this year. It wasn't as great as past seasons, but it wasn't the same players either. You can't win them all. Go Vols!

Why don't YOU get off this thread? It was a good post with a typo. You need to get a life.

1. Sorry a/b the typo, i was typing to fast my bad

2. I applauded Bruce when he kicked them off the team, i was just curious to see what would have happened had we had them this year. THey deserved to be kicked off

3. We did have a lot of new guys in the system, but they plaed dumb an awful lot

4. I don't know what ur celebrating a/b b/c this is the worst Bruce has done, which is pretty good for UT basketball with they way it has been

Because he isn't a moron like you all that are calling for Pearl's job.

Um, i have never called for Bruce's job and what he has done for UT is very impressive, and i don't think maxim did either.

Um, i have never called for Bruce's job and what he has done for UT is very impressive, and i don't think maxim did either.

Sorry all of the Pearl haters are coming together in my head. You were the one raising hell about Chism. We need him back.

Well, if at Bruce Pearl's worst we still win 21 games and make the tournament, that's STILL better than Buzz Peterson's best. It does no good to dwell on the past, the season is over, and the offseason will hopefully have a fully intact team. Kenny Hall will be the only addition, and so these guys can build on the chemistry and experience they've gained this year, and hopefully come out next year in Preseason 20 (especially if Tyler and Wayne return), and maybe go even further.

Sorry all of the Pearl haters are coming together in my head. You were the one raising hell about Chism. We need him back.

I was and apology accpeted. We do need Chism back...if he is wanting to play like a C, not a two guard

Not a disappointing season by any account for TN basketball! We are def not the most storied program in the country so quit griping and be glad the tourny we played in had NCAA in front of it and not NIT. We lost to a very solid team today. Thanks in advance.

Pearl's done a good job by Tennessee Men's Basketball standards, however, most of this seasons accomplishments came at the hands of a terribly weak SEC.

Pearl's done a good job by Tennessee Men's Basketball standards, however, most of this seasons accomplishments came at the hands of a terribly weak SEC.

There were no accomplishments, unless you count finishing in front of the hapless, blue and overrated buffoons to our north.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

You mean the ones that beat the Vols twice?

Yes. Stumbling ass backwards into finishing north of them is very surprising looking back at it.

Now this nimrod is going to tell he about how Gillispie can stay if he'll do things the KY way (read: cheating and winning).
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I AM NOT SAYING BRUCE PEARL SHOULD BE FIRED, I THINK BRUCE PEARL IS GREAT FOR UT, WHAT HE HAS DONE IS AMAZING.

Ok, I just had to say that before everybody says I am a fool saying something negative about Bruce and then saying that I am saying he should leave, which I DO NOT THINK BRUCE SHOULD LEAVE, I THINK HE IS GREAT FOR UT. That being said, what are we thanking Bruce for this year, what did this team do except cause alot of headache for the fans. Our last game of the year was played like it was our first, this team never got better. We still could not play D by the end of the year, it was very frustrating to watch this year because we as fans see all the talent Tennessee has but it just seems like we could not ever put it all together and like somebody said we could not even win a very very very very down SEC. That being said if this is Bruce's worst year at Tennessee and I think it could be then we are in good shape. I have faith Bruce will correct what went wrong this year and hopefully maybe Tyler and Wayne dont leave and next year we can have a top 20 team. I hope our guys work hard this offseason and improve. I AM NOT SAYING BRUCE PEARL SHOULD BE FIRED, I THINK HE IS GREAT FOR UT.

For me, winning two SECT games was a mild accomplishment relative to historical performance. But other than that an ugly year that kinda lucked into a NCAAT bid.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back