• We've had an issue with our name servers today that may be affecting a number of users from accessing the site.

Thank You, Vol Fans! - From City of Jax

AmoebaVol

Lifelong Vol fan (and longtime Volnation member) here. I moved to Jacksonville from the Knoxville area where I was raised a little over 4 years ago for work, and am now the city's Treasurer.

On behalf of Jacksonville, I just wanted to thank the Volunteer Nation for showing up in droves for the Gator Bowl! When Tennessee was chosen to come here, I told everyone I know in Jax to just wait and see ... there was no doubt in my mind that Vol fans would represent. Last night proved me right, and even exceeded my expectations a little considering the topsy-turvy season we had. What a great game and a great night!

I love my new home. Jacksonville is a GREAT town, and is continuing to get better! With the different beaches, parks, museums, shopping areas, restaurants and entertainment options, Jacksonville is so large and spread out that it's difficult to really experience all that it has to offer in one trip. Also, we have many, many things in the works that will make it an even better destination in the very near future -- especially downtown. For those of you who came, I hope you enjoyed your visit and that you'll come back again soon! And if you haven't been here, please check us out!

Again, THANK YOU to all Vol fans for making it an awesome week! I know the City certainly appreciates it, and you're all welcome back anytime!

Go Vols!!

Randall

Randall,

I lived in St Augustine for 3+ years and am now in Orlando. As just a common fan it was quite incredible to see the orange takeover in North East Florida this past week. Jacksonville was a great host and is a great bowl game destination. The boys squeaking out a win late was the cherry on top. Keep wearing the best shade of Orange and supporting our boys here in the Sunshine State!

Lifelong Vol fan (and longtime Volnation member) here. I moved to Jacksonville from the Knoxville area where I was raised a little over 4 years ago for work, and am now the city's Treasurer.

On behalf of Jacksonville, I just wanted to thank the Volunteer Nation for showing up in droves for the Gator Bowl! When Tennessee was chosen to come here, I told everyone I know in Jax to just wait and see ... there was no doubt in my mind that Vol fans would represent. Last night proved me right, and even exceeded my expectations a little considering the topsy-turvy season we had. What a great game and a great night!

I love my new home. Jacksonville is a GREAT town, and is continuing to get better! With the different beaches, parks, museums, shopping areas, restaurants and entertainment options, Jacksonville is so large and spread out that it's difficult to really experience all that it has to offer in one trip. Also, we have many, many things in the works that will make it an even better destination in the very near future -- especially downtown. For those of you who came, I hope you enjoyed your visit and that you'll come back again soon! And if you haven't been here, please check us out!

Again, THANK YOU to all Vol fans for making it an awesome week! I know the City certainly appreciates it, and you're all welcome back anytime!

Go Vols!!

Randall
The Tennessee fans showed out in Jacksonville last night and the bowl games will want Tennessee big time in the future:cool:

Reactions: AmoebaVol

Go Vols!!

Randall
twitter.com/RBinJAX

There were 13 of us in our group. Every where we went, we were treated with respect. We got reservations with a restaurant/lounge at a late hour. Not sure the name of the place, but it was on the beach and was something like SunSurfers or Sand surfers or something similar. The owner, Jim and his employees made last minute changes to accamodate (sp) our group. For our group, I want to thank Jacksonville for being so hospitable.

VN Store

Back