Thank you Vanderbilt...and LSU

utbasketballloft

Vanderbilt pulls off the huge upset today oveer South Carolina, and LSU beats UK. This really helps our chances at winning the SEC East. If we win tomorrow i believe that puts us a 9-5 and tied for first with just USC, and with that game coming up thursday. As bad as this team has looked at times this year they need to realize they control their own destiny here.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

i didnt say i expected wins, although i do have hope and am praying for it. my point simply was that they control their own destiny to the sec east champions. we donthave to rely on other teams losing and what not, if we take care of business its ours. its a lot of ifs but it could happen, and i feel a lot better about our chances right now then i did yesterday.

It is like this season in the sec was a well though out plan amongst the coaches. It really is a nail biter in the east.

This team was in control of their destiny from Day 1. All of a sudden 'landing' back in the drivers seat doesn't make me feel any better about being in control.
I'm sure we won't win the east, it really doesn't equate to much if we do.
Either way, Go Vols. Try and make it entertaining, at least !

This team was in control of their destiny from Day 1. All of a sudden 'landing' back in the drivers seat doesn't make me feel any better about being in control.
I'm sure we won't win the east, it really doesn't equate to much if we do.
Either way, Go Vols. Try and make it entertaining, at least !
Tennessee is in no way in the driver's seat.

Vanderbilt pulls off the huge upset today oveer South Carolina, and LSU beats UK. This really helps our chances at winning the SEC East. If we win tomorrow i believe that puts us a 9-5 and tied for first with just USC, and with that game coming up thursday. As bad as this team has looked at times this year they need to realize they control their own destiny here.

I like the way he thinks....its just like the 07 football season...we were in no way a championship team, yet we went to ATL (only to lose to the nat'l champions in a game we outplayed them in for 55 minutes). This team needs one player to stand up for one night and get em ready to go. One leader and we have a team that has the talent to make a run. I know its a pipe dream...but what else do I have to do? Nothing...except keep half of an eye on Spring Training baseball and whole heartedly root for Bruce and the Boys to turn it around. Go Vols!

I truly believe Bruce will get these guys motivated to playing TEAM ball for this stretch of games. I think we sneak into that Tourney spot guys, I really do. Go Vols!

I truly believe Bruce will get these guys motivated to playing TEAM ball for this stretch of games. I think we sneak into that Tourney spot guys, I really do. Go Vols!

One game at a time has to be the mantra. I believe today's game is winnable. The key will be limiting the 3's and using our inside game to win.

Go VOLS beat those gators!!!!!!!

Exactly how does it help us to win an even now weaker SECe anything? Mythical East titles or incrementally better seeding mean nothing to me or this team. LSU is taking home the only title I'm aware of. The tourney title is little more than a joke IMO.

winning the east will give us a bye in the first round of the sec tourney. without winning the east and getting that bye, we could very easily end up slipping to 4th in the east and facing a pretty tough opening opponent. id much rather get the 1 seed in the east, have a bye, and an easier road to the championship game than i would to be a 4 seed.

winning the east will give us a bye in the first round of the sec tourney. without winning the east and getting that bye, we could very easily end up slipping to 4th in the east and facing a pretty tough opening opponent. id much rather get the 1 seed in the east, have a bye, and an easier road to the championship game than i would to be a 4 seed.
How would the 5th place team from the SEC West remotely constitute a "pretty tough opening opponent?" Are teams going to be imported from other leagues to replace the trash the SEC is putting on the floor this year? If not, the 5th place team from the West is a pathetic opponent.

no i agree with that but my point basically is just simply that the less games ut has to play the better their chances are haha. anything can hapen, you can run into a team like georgia last year who has no business wnning the tourney but does. the fewer games you play in the tourney increases your chance of actually winning the tourney, thats how i was kind of looking at it.

The 5th place team in the west = Ole Miss.....

As crappy as our team has played, they seemed to go for the uber-suck against Ole Miss.

We always suck in the SECT, so I'm not sure it matters. Last year it was there for the taking and we couldn't even do it then.

Exactly how does it help us to win an even now weaker SECe anything? Mythical East titles or incrementally better seeding mean nothing to me or this team. LSU is taking home the only title I'm aware of. The tourney title is little more than a joke IMO.

The importance, as I see it, lies in the fact that I would not want any measurable area of my NCAA tournament resume to be weaker than the three other contenders from the east. There is a likelihood that the 4th "best" team is left at home, so finishing at the top of that list rather than the bottom should solidify a solid argument for inclusion.

I'll take an SEC tourney title to the bank and cash it gladly. We haven't won one since 1982. I'll also take a first round buy. Our odds of winning 3 games in a row are significantly better than winning 4.

I'll take an SEC tourney title to the bank and cash it gladly. We haven't won one since 1982. I'll also take a first round buy. Our odds of winning 3 games in a row are significantly better than winning 4.

We haven't won the SECT since 1979.

VN Store

Back