Thank You Tim Priest!

Disagree. Bill was great teamed with John. Agree. New voice needed for play by play guy.
I liked them both. Tim being an absolute homer was a nice contrast to Bobs shortcomings. Kind of like Bert on the basketball side. ( I think I see a pattern here) Bill Anderson was as knowledgeable & professional as they come and just the thought of him & John Ward over the radio on a crisp fall afternoon always makes me feel nostalgic. When John & Bill retired I was 21 so they are kind of the collective "voice" of my childhood. When I was very young I was a big fan of Winnie the Pooh and so I somehow made the connection of Bill to Eeyore. In my mind I hear an in game dialogue that sounds something like this : John "Well Bill Anderson , pretty much a flawless first quarter of play and the Tigers of Pacific led by former Volunteer Offensive coordinator Walt Harris face an uphill battle finding themselves down by a score of 31-0 after the first quarter of play "

Bill " Yeah John but if the Tennessee defensive front doesn't find a way to find some more penetration into the Pacific backfield this thing could turn back in Pacific's favor very quickly. These young men need to remember that football is a 60 minute game "

Priest said "...we want to enjoy our fall weekends.."
Yeah, that was hard to do the last 10 to 12 seasons and will likely be hard to do for the next couple of seasons at least watching UT football.

Man I'll miss listening to Tim, Kesling isn't horrible but he's not very good in my opinion,granted he followed an absolute legend, Ward made you feel like you was there rather you were or not, I'd listen to him even when I was at the games. I was so disappointed when Mike Keith didn't get the gig but that's a whole other discussion

To be fair, it is hard to be a Tennessee radio broadcaster right now because of how bad the product has been on the field the last 15 years or so.

Kind of reminds me of this SEC Short:

And why not? If he is "mehhh @ best", not totally hating him means you are settling for less. Just the way the Vol Network and the University wants you to. Honestly, we need to break the mold that was set in stone late in 1998. If there ever was a Tennessee curse, that was the genesis of it.
I mean we've all settled for less for a long time so the VN is really pretty far down the scale IMO. By "not hating him" I simply mean that I don't feel any malice for the man and generally refrain from bashing him. I do agree that we need to break the mold but at this point they're not likely going to fire Bob so we're most likely stuck with him for awhile. If there is a curse I attribute it to the WOOOO in Rocky Top.

Reactions: OneManGang

We had just left the restaurant celebrating my Grandmother's birthday. My mom had passed away in February of that year, so I was the designated "daugther figure" to celebrate with Grandma. :)

Anyway, we had been watching on the tv at the restaurant best we could, and as we're saying bye to everyone, georgia scores. PISSED ME OFF. We got in the car and headed home. The game was on the radio, and we heard the call. Tim Priest saying, "I don't believe I saw that," is one of my very favorite Vol moments ever! Cause I was also like WHAT????? It really was a stunner moment......and you felt it exactly like he said it.

My only beef with Tim is He tried to sound too proper; like he was from Illinois or somewhere. LINE Backer as opposed to LYIN Backer as we would say it in the South. And I Know Tim's a Country Boy. Bill Anderson was the Real Deal Tennessee Southern Sound. He and JOHN WARD were the Perfect Fit. That said: "Thanks for the memories"

Tim is an attorney. Elocution and diction are important in that field.

Had to be difficult for TP the last 15 years. You could hear the frustration in his voice.

I appreciate hin calling players out for making a bad play when a lot wouldn't dare.

He was more entertaining than the game sometimes
Loved when he’d groan in displeasure ahead of Bob getting the play out of his mouth, or every so often a “YES” before Bob could say “checkerboard”.

My only beef with Tim is He tried to sound too proper; like he was from Illinois or somewhere. LINE Backer as opposed to LYIN Backer as we would say it in the South. And I Know Tim's a Country Boy. Bill Anderson was the Real Deal Tennessee Southern Sound. He and JOHN WARD were the Perfect Fit. That said: "Thanks for the memories"
What a silly beef. Stupid too

If there ever is a vacancy at UT for the play by play job. Someone at UT needs to call Bill Roth, the guy is amazing and is working for ESPN.

That's YOUR Opinion, of which I think nothing at all. If you can't offer anything other than "Silly, Stupid" that's your credibility.
Yes, it's my opinion that it is silly to want the color analyst to sound like an uneducated hilljack instead of an educated professional

Tim was a part of the best two years of defensive back play Tennessee ever had.In 70 ,the db's intercepted 37 passes for around 700 yards and,I think 3 or 4 td's.The next year,the db's "slipped"to only 30 int's,but,7 td's and around 800 yards in return yardage.Let them dudes chew on that for a while.

VN Store

Back