Thank you, Lady Vols, for such an exciting, fun season!

lvocd

We know your hearts are broken because you wanted so much to go all the way. But you fought hard all year long and, the majority of the time, you came out on top. Hold your heads up when you get back to campus because you took the program one step closer this year, and further than anyone could have predicted given all the injury setback you had to overcome. Next year you're going to be amazing. Believe it!

Much love to you all. 🏀🧡

We know your hearts are broken because you wanted so much to go all the way. But you fought hard all year long and, the majority of the time, you came out on top. Hold your heads up when you get back to campus because you took the program one step closer this year, and further than anyone could have predicted given all the injury setback you had to overcome. Next year you're going to be amazing. Believe it!

Much love to you all. 🏀🧡
They played well without Horston and became closer as a team which bodes well for next season.

The loss hurts for me but I know they feel worse because of the little mistakes this was a great roller coaster of a season. Love this team and program. Next season and the future itself is just bright af and we should be excited for that. Thank you ladies for all your effort this season. Have a wonderful offseason and let’s continue to do the work both in and off the court. Have a wonderful pro career Rae and Snoop, we’ll be watching from afar.

Well, I wish them well, however, comma, sloppy passing, not taking care of the ball, poor shooting, and yeah I'll take my licks, but I wasn't impressed with the coaching either. Louisville was just hustling the whole game--they deserved it, but disappointed in the way the Lady Vols played. Time to move on.

Thus team has come a long way since KJH took over. Do they need improvement, of course they do but let us not forget that they were headed Deep South when KJH took over. This year the team had several injuries which slowed their growth but they never gave up. Yes they lost to Louisville who had a healthy team full of veteran players. Three of their starters were good players retrieved from the portal. I think we held up pretty good against them with a wounded team with freshmen subs. Look at the future of this team we lose Green, Burrell and Snoop, however, we have a much better team coming in next year. Look at our freshmen they have come a long way since the start of the season. Do not hang your head things will get better.

Good for you. The "informed" response to this game should be, yes a disappointed loss, but this team exceeded expectations. Pre-season there was a lot of pessimism--who would fill the Rennia void; no big name signings, then Rae goes down for half a season; then we lose our #2 post player and then our all everything player. I mean seriously, for this criticizing Kellie for losing to the #1 (and having a legit chance to win) get a freakin' clue.

[On Keyen, this game would have been perfect for her....]

Next season, we have a great core group returning. I am particulary excited to see Striplin and Puckett with an off season under their belts (per Karo, her in-season improvement curve was incredible) and the calvary is coming with new signings.

Great season, emotionlly tough ending but much to look forward to.

I am so excited for next year. These girls played with guts and a no-quit attitude, even though they had lots of turnovers. I feel Kellie Harper will keep improving this team, and next year's team will go further than they did this year. It is always hard to lose a post-season game, and to go home, knowing more basketball is being played without you there. But, I am proud of our Lady vols basketball team (and our men too!)! They put in a LOT of time and effort, and I could never do what they do. Thank you for a great year, and get after it next year!!! Go Lady Vols!

The LV next year could beat any team in the country next year if they would only improve on ball security...Louisville scored over 20 points on the LV turnovers.

Reactions: Hbg
Thus team has come a long way since KJH took over. Do they need improvement, of course they do but let us not forget that they were headed Deep South when KJH took over. This year the team had several injuries which slowed their growth but they never gave up. Yes they lost to Louisville who had a healthy team full of veteran players. Three of their starters were good players retrieved from the portal. I think we held up pretty good against them with a wounded team with freshmen subs. Look at the future of this team we lose Green, Burrell and Snoop, however, we have a much better team coming in next year. Look at our freshmen they have come a long way since the start of the season. Do not hang your head things will get better.

I appreciate the fact that I can stand to watch the Lady Vols play basketball again !!!!

Before KJH …. I could not watch any games as the fundamentals of bb were gone and the highly ranked recruits were inept at playing team ball ! And the wait till next year was not in my mental desires as I could not bring myself to even think about another year of this crap ! Some of those players ( DD, and Mercedes). prove my point as their play now verses then are light years of differences ….

Every year under KJH has been enjoyable to watch and they are getting better each year. I can now say BOY O BOY …. Wait till next year ! I can’t wait ! Thanks to our girls …. Anticipation is exciting……. 👍

Really turned out about as I expected even with the injuries. I had us going for 25 wins and top four finish in the SEC and we made both those goals. A sweet sixteen also met that goal. Will be looking for bigger and better things next season. I'm already thinking we should at least be the second best team in the SEC and a possibility of winning it. I think we have the talent on board to reach the final four. I think we need another center otherwise were good to go.

Reactions: travis929
Well, I wish them well, however, comma, sloppy passing, not taking care of the ball, poor shooting, and yeah I'll take my licks, but I wasn't impressed with the coaching either. Louisville was just hustling the whole game--they deserved it, but disappointed in the way the Lady Vols played. Time to move on.

I think we were hustling too. But just a whole lot slower than L-ville. I said we look/are slow early on this season and think it was key at the end of this game. I just don't understand the poor overall shooting, it has been going on for years. There is no excuse for poor free throw shooting. If you shoot enough practice shots, you can at least become 75% or so. Just takes the time and effort investment. To me we are still a few recruiting classes (or transfers in) from becoming the team we wish for. The days of "Pat" type dominance are over. Overall exposure for lady basketball has ended the "two or three programs getting all the best" it has taken it's effect. (reference Dakota and other smaller programs hanging in the tourney).

Reactions: 007Racer

VN Store

Back