Texas

lvocd

This is a must-win game for our Lady Vols, and I have a feeling it'll have to be hard-fought battle to get it.

Yes, Texas has struggled, but they are a traditional rival coming to Tennessee to play on The Summitt for a chance at knocking off a ranked team in order to start getting their season back on track. Tennessee had better bring their A-game, as I seriously doubt Aston will have any trouble getting her team motivated this week in practice to give their best effort against Kellie's bunch.

Texas has good athletes and has had more than enough "wake up calls" to get their butts in gear and get serious about basketball. I just hope that Tennessee is ready to take Texas' best shot, 'cause the Longhorns are due a breakout performance.

Better not take this game lightly they have several five star players that for some reason haven't been very good as off yet. I am amazed at the talent they have and the way they have played thus far this season.

They haven't played well but they have four players that were rated as 98 and were rated in their class by Hoopgurlz as 2,2,6,7, and 40 five top fifty players and four top ten players not very many teams that have that kind of rated talent in the country. Why they are so terrible who knows hopefully they will stay that way.

Texas reminds me of the Tennessee teams from the last few years. Playing inconsistent, but can surprise like Tennessee did a few years ago at Mississippi State to a packed house.

Last edited:
They haven't played well but they have four players that were rated as 98 and were rated in their class by Hoopgurlz as 2,2,6,7, and 40 five top fifty players and four top ten players not very many teams that have that kind of rated talent in the country. Why they are so terrible who knows hopefully they will stay that way.
Using us as an example over the last few years those ratings services are good for nothing. I am not so sure that people that work for these ratings services even watch the kids play.

Reactions: Ladyvol777
This is a must-win game for our Lady Vols, and I have a feeling it'll have to be hard-fought battle to get it.

Yes, Texas has struggled, but they are a traditional rival coming to Tennessee to play on The Summitt for a chance at knocking off a ranked team in order to start getting their season back on track. Tennessee had better bring their A-game, as I seriously doubt Aston will have any trouble getting her team motivated this week in practice to give their best effort against Kellie's bunch.

Texas has good athletes and has had more than enough "wake up calls" to get their butts in gear and get serious about basketball. I just hope that Tennessee is ready to take Texas' best shot, 'cause the Longhorns are due a breakout performance.
Good points, lvocd. I remember your earlier
post this year on ND being something to
learn and build on. Coach Kellies biggest
challenge to date will be Stanford.

You just never know when (or if) the light is going to switch on for an underperforming team with potential such as Texas. I would actually love it if the Longhorns came into TBA and played the best game of their season because the Lady Vols desperately need to play a strong opponent to measure themselves against and learn from before meeting Stanford.

Of course, if Texas has a breakthrough game then Tennessee would have to play their top game as well, and that would be a heckuva fun time!

This is a scary game, Texas Joyner Holmes is one of the best players in the game, she could go off for 30 to 40 points. Seams like most of the times someone has a career night against Tennessee. I still believe we will win by 10. We will need to score at least 80 points and play some good defense. I believe coach Harper will having them blocking out and win the rebounding game.

Using us as an example over the last few years those ratings services are good for nothing. I am not so sure that people that work for these ratings services even watch the kids play.
I just know that the Texas team is big and athletic why they are so terrible this season is the mystery.

I think we’re going to have a tough time with Texas. Sug Sutton (my cousin, tried to get her to Tennessee to no avail) is finally coming around to form after being out most of the summer and all of the preseason with a stress fracture and when Joyner is on she can be dominant. The one thing we have in our favor is coaching...Aston is Holly 2.0, a great recruiter but that’s about all she’s got going for her.

Reactions: Chitownvol1129
This is a scary game, Texas Joyner Holmes is one of the best players in the game, she could go off for 30 to 40 points. Seams like most of the times someone has a career night against Tennessee. I still believe we will win by 10. We will need to score at least 80 points and play some good defense. I believe coach Harper will having them blocking out and win the rebounding game.

30 to 40 pts? She cant get up the court that many times to score. lmbo

I think we’re going to have a tough time with Texas. Sug Sutton (my cousin, tried to get her to Tennessee to no avail) is finally coming around to form after being out most of the summer and all of the preseason with a stress fracture and when Joyner is on she can be dominant. The one thing we have in our favor is coaching...Aston is Holly 2.0, a great recruiter but that’s about all she’s got going for her.

This will be interesting because PG and PF are the two spots that Tennessee is weakest at, but Texas is strongest. Holmes/Collier is probably the best interior game that Tennessee will play outside of the top 3 SEC teams.

It could be your toughest game to date if Texas gets their act together. If you were playing in Texas it would be a toss up, but in TBA it should be all LV's. Relax an enjoy the ride. We'll find out how good the LVs are when you got to Maples.

Reactions: BUBear
This will be interesting because PG and PF are the two spots that Tennessee is weakest at, but Texas is strongest. Holmes/Collier is probably the best interior game that Tennessee will play outside of the top 3 SEC teams.

I’ll put money down that Collier has 3 fouls by halftime, two within the first 5 minutes. She can not guard players with any size without fouling.

Don’t make them out to be any more than they are and that’s mediocre at best! So when we beat them by 20 let’s don’t say we did something special.

^ detached from reality. Any double-digit win over Texas is a good win. A twenty point win would be "something special" as it would show that we are continuing to improve and should be competitive against the top 3 in the SEC.

^ detached from reality. Any double-digit win over Texas is a good win. A twenty point win would be "something special" as it would show that we are continuing to improve and should be competitive against the top 3 in the SEC.
Texas is no where close to the top 3 of the SEC but could try🤣

VN Store

Back