Texas Tech mess

Hoosier_Vol

Vol Stuck in B1G 10 Hell
With the Mark Adams suspension, TexasTech AD Kirby Hocutt now faces his fifth (!) alleged coaching-abuse scandal in Lubbock. At what point does this track record cost an athletic director their job?

Reactions: Volfan1000
Incredible that it's come to that point in this country. God and the bible were what this country was founded on. Sad.
Agreed. Very sad that you can’t use the Bible as a reference any longer. I have a sneaky suspicion that said player was not being a team player or not listening to coaching and went to the AD to try and make it an issue whenever it’s really not. Hopefully the AD doesn’t fire him. Imo they are asking for a lawsuit if you fire someone based on quoting the Bible.

They’ll probably use this to fire him & not pay out his contract. Tech has known to be tough on coaches. Ie Mike Leach.

Reactions: Hoosier_Vol
I assume he was quoting Ephesians 6. That verse can be applied to many walks of life, and if you look at the context, that chapter also tells masters to treat people under them with equal respect and service.

I think this is making a mountain out of a molehill, but that's the culture in which we live these days.

Don't act like he's being persecuted for being a Christian.
Not what happened at all.
You’re right, he’s being punished for being a coach because the player is not equipped with thick enough skin to take criticism so they went and cried to the AD. They clearly aren’t coachable if they are making an issue about this.

You’re right, he’s being punished for being a coach because the player is not equipped with thick enough skin to take criticism so they went and cried to the AD. They clearly aren’t coachable if they are making an issue about this.
So you know what he said? Exactly? Or are you just jumping to a conclusion? And then how do you defend the accusation that he spit on a player? Reportedly claimed that was bc he was sick. And then said he could spit on anyone he wanted essentially. And when confronted didn't deny it. Said "I don't recall."

So you know what he said? Exactly? Or are you just jumping to a conclusion? And then how do you defend the accusation that he spit on a player? Reportedly claimed that was bc he was sick. And then said he could spit on anyone he wanted essentially. And when confronted didn't deny it. Said "I don't recall."
All outlets are reporting “racially insensitive comments” and stating the Bible verse as the root cause. So maybe tell every single media outlet to correct their headlines and reporting if this isn’t a religious issue 🤷‍♂️

All outlets are reporting “racially insensitive comments” and stating the Bible verse as the root cause. So maybe tell every single media outlet to correct their headlines and reporting if this isn’t a religious issue 🤷‍♂️
Media outlets will always focus on the most provocative details. They work in a competitive industry, and they're fighting each other for clicks. However, there is clearly more to this story than just scripture recitation.

Texas Tech suspends men's basketball coach Mark Adams after exchange with player

Personally, I think the two biggest problems that Mark Adams has right now are the 16-15 record that his team has this season, and Chris Beard's unemployment. I think the Texas Tech AD would take Beard back in a second. Who else is ever going to take them to the National Championship game? I tend to doubt that Adams would have been suspended if Texas Tech was likely to make the NCAA Tournament, and Beard was still coaching at Texas.

There is also this ....

From the Yahoo! article that is linked up above :

"According to Stadium, Tech is also investigating an allegation that Adams spit on a player during a game earlier in the season. Adams, who said he had a bad cough and got saliva on a player, is accused of telling the player 'I can spit on you whenever I want to.' He told Stadium that he didn't remember saying that."

Finally,

Liberals are definitely comprised of many people who actively search for signs of political incorrectness, because they enjoy playing the role of an offended party ....

and ....

Conservatives definitely embrace victimhood more than they should. In their minds, whenever they lose, it's always because they were cheated. Nothing is ever fair or legitimate when they don't get their way.

Collectively, this has made us a culture of whiners, but the whining comes from both directions, the left and the right.

Last edited:
What a shock that the failed banker liked your post when you haven't even read the story.

I assume he was quoting Ephesians 6. That verse can be applied to many walks of life, and if you look at the context, that chapter also tells masters to treat people under them with equal respect and service.

I think this is making a mountain out of a molehill, but that's the culture in which we live these days.
Maybe the dude is an actual Philistine or something. You know they got overrun with hemhorroids when they stole the Ark of the Covenant.

With the Mark Adams suspension, TexasTech AD Kirby Hocutt now faces his fifth (!) alleged coaching-abuse scandal in Lubbock. At what point does this track record cost an athletic director their job?

I would think that this is Hocutt's last chance to get the right coach hired.

VN Store

Back