Texas coach news conference

Vol fans. We had better savor the fact that we have a spectacular coach. And one who represents with class and dignity. Look at the number of coaches that we've had in the history of our program. And then look at the only 2 or 3 with comparable coaching acumen. The odds are waaaay against us in the next coach being an upgrade. We have been hovering around the elite programs for years now. Here's to hoping CRB catches lightening in a bottle at least once before he hangs up his HoF career.

Last edited:
If you have not watched the pregame Texas coach’s news conference, you should check it out.
It is the definition of class and shows great respect for coach Barnes
Go Vols
What else is he going to say? It was a Barnes love fest.

Even Bruce Pearls teams had those kind of draughts sometimes though.

They did. Gosh Bruce could win big games like nobody else. But some road game vs 5-9 Mizzou or something we'd lay an egg. That Louisville S16 loss still chaps me to this day. Offense was lost. That team(Pearls best imo), his Elite 8 team, and Barnes 2 last teams w Admiral/Grant just tear my heart out to this day. Golden opps for F4 and maybe the big enchilada. The loss to Loyola-Chi blew our best chance of all imo.

They did. Gosh Bruce could win big games like nobody else. But some road game vs 5-9 Mizzou or something we'd lay an egg. That Louisville S16 loss still chaps me to this day. Offense was lost. That team(Pearls best imo), his Elite 8 team, and Barnes 2 last teams w Admiral/Grant just tear my heart out to this day. Golden opps for F4 and maybe the big enchilada. The loss to Loyola-Chi blew our best chance of all imo.

Yeah, that choke against Ohio State as well when we were up 20 points at half hurt. That is Tennessee basketball unfortunately.

Reactions: AngryButchJones
Yeah, that choke against Ohio State as well when we were up 20 points at half hurt. That is Tennessee basketball unfortunately.

Oh Lawd. Lost almost the same way twice to the same team that year. True, but I never really felt that particular team was as solid as some of the next few BP built.

Reactions: volbound1700

That was a game officials were not going to let Ohio State lose. They had Ohio State in the 1 & 1 in the first 6 minutes of the second half. They shot 27 free throws in the second half, including the game winner, and we shot something like 6 or 8. We made 3 more shots from the floor than they did, we made 16 3 pointers and they made 8. Everything else was them shooting more than 2x as many FT as us, 75 percent of which were in the second half.

Reactions: volbound1700

VN Store

Back