Texas A&M

Is MissST closing the door on the Pirate so soon?

I don’t know.

Charles Barkley stated that there was going to be a surprise firing in the SEC after this week.

Said the program was going to do whatever it took to get Deion Sanders. He said it would be quick.

He said he talks with him a couple times a week. Said he “would” take the Auburn job if offered. However he then said this about the other school so it’s not going to be Auburn. Although Barkley didn’t say it would be a done deal. Just said the school was going to do it and that they would do whatever it took.

If you try to narrow things down really only leaves 3 possible choices. A&M, State, or Arkansas. KY and Missouri just got extensions. I don’t think anyone could see Arkansas firing their coach……..the obvious looks to be A&M if they came up with the $$.

however with if Lane goes to Auburn State might want to get in on some action before Oklahoma and Texas show up.

Most likely one of the two…….Barkley said the firing would shock folks.

Reactions: SpookyAction
Exactly, those dipshits need to be removed from that detail. All it would've taken is some moron to put some kind of trash in that thing.. People don't realize how dangerous being to close to the business of even a blank gun can be..

Actor John Erik Hexum foolishly put a blank gun to his head, pulled the trigger and proceeded to a coin sized chunk of his skull into his brain...
Image what the concussion of that cannon sounded like inside the helmets. There's a reason that head slaps were banned in the 60s and 70s

Image what the concussion of that cannon sounded like inside the helmets. There's a reason that head slaps were banned in the 60s and 70s
When I played, lonnnng ago, we did this ignorant thing of taking our chin strap off and slapping the back of someone's helmet with the metal snap.. May not sound like much but dayummm it would ring your ears...

Reactions: BUBear and peaygolf
I don’t know.

Charles Barkley stated that there was going to be a surprise firing in the SEC after this week.

Said the program was going to do whatever it took to get Deion Sanders. He said it would be quick.

He said he talks with him a couple times a week. Said he “would” take the Auburn job if offered. However he then said this about the other school so it’s not going to be Auburn. Although Barkley didn’t say it would be a done deal. Just said the school was going to do it and that they would do whatever it took.

If you try to narrow things down really only leaves 3 possible choices. A&M, State, or Arkansas. KY and Missouri just got extensions. I don’t think anyone could see Arkansas firing their coach……..the obvious looks to be A&M if they came up with the $$.

however with if Lane goes to Auburn State might want to get in on some action before Oklahoma and Texas show up.

Most likely one of the two…….Barkley said the firing would shock folks.
Barkley don’t know squat…….

When I played, lonnnng ago, we did this ignorant thing of taking our chin strap off and slapping the back of someone's helmet with the metal snap.. May not sound like much but dayummm it would ring your ears...
My junior high coaches used to make us dip tobacco. The object was to spit in the opponents eyes. There were always some nasty looking jerseys after the game 😂😂🤣

My objective was to not swallow the stuff 😁

Lol he knows a lot more than you and I.

He personally knows the AD’s. He personally knows the coach’s…….but yea he don’t know anything.
Deion ain’t going to Auburn……

Deion ain’t going to Auburn……

Maybe read my post

That’s right he ain’t, that’s exactly what Barkley was saying.

Someone asked Barkley about Deion and Auburn, He said “if” he was offered the Auburn job he would take it. Barkley then said another (different) SEC school will fire their coach soon and they will do whatever they could to hire Deion. He did not say which school it was or if Deion was interested in that school.

Maybe read my post

That’s right he ain’t, that’s exactly what Barkley was saying.

Someone asked Barkley about Deion and Auburn, He said “if” he was offered the Auburn job he would take it. Barkley then said another (different) SEC school will fire their coach soon and they will do whatever they could to hire Deion. He did not say which school it was or if Deion was interested in that school.
Do you really think that an AD at say, Miss St, would tell a blow hard like Barkley that they were going to unexpectedly fire their coach? Please……

Do you really think that an AD at say, Miss St, would tell a blow hard like Barkley that they were going to unexpectedly fire their coach? Please……
Someone else may follow MS State more closely but Cohen just left the AD job there for Auburn.

While Barkley is a blowhard, his connections to Auburn are probably better than most and he may have talked with Cohen.

That's the only (barely) plausible explanation I can (only barely) see for Barkley knowing something.

Someone else may follow MS State more closely but Cohen just left the AD job there for Auburn.

While Barkley is a blowhard, his connections to Auburn are probably better than most and he may have talked with Cohen.

That's the only (barely) plausible explanation I can (only barely) see for Barkley knowing something.
I forgot the Auburn connection with MSU…..still don’t think Cohen would slip that nugget to a guy that talks as much as Barkley. You would have to know that he would say something. IDK.

I forgot the Auburn connection with MSU…..still don’t think Cohen would slip that nugget to a guy that talks as much as Barkley. You would have to know that he would say something. IDK.
Unless, Cohen was grinding an axe on MS State, but he has a career to think about and talking to Barkley "off the record" has never helped anyone's career.

Also, I don't know if you play golf 😉 but sometimes there's an adult beverage or 6 involved when fat cats are being entertained by a school or whatever and lips can get loose.

My gut tells me Barkley is FOS and he's just trying to keep Deion's name out there.

Unless, Cohen was grinding an axe on MS State, but he has a career to think about and talking to Barkley "off the record" has never helped anyone's career.

Also, I don't know if you play golf 😉 but sometimes there's an adult beverage or 6 involved when fat cats are being entertained by a school or whatever and lips can get loose.

My gut tells me Barkley is FOS and he's just trying to keep Deion's name out there.
No……drinking on the course? Outrageous ;)

Trial Balloon? maybe.
Deion will never be hired at aTm or Auburn.
MissSt? IDK.

Exactly, those dipshits need to be removed from that detail. All it would've taken is some moron to put some kind of trash in that thing.. People don't realize how dangerous being to close to the business of even a blank gun can be..

Actor John Erik Hexum foolishly put a blank gun to his head, pulled the trigger and proceeded to a coin sized chunk of his skull into his brain...
I remember this. He was the biggest actor on tv at the time.

I remember this. He was the biggest actor on tv at the time.

I remember that. He was doing a show called Cover Up at the time where he was spy masquerading as a male model. Actually wasn't a bad show. They replaced him with another guy after the accident and the show bombed after that.

Texags says that the UMass players were warned to move (which makes since and may be true) but still you don't fire the freaking cannon until everyone is out of the line of fire. It's obvious that the UMass players were praying. Sheesh 🤬

A&M policy is fire the cannon first and ask questions later

Reactions: BUBear
I used to make fun of Mack Brown (hell... everybody did) for wasting talent in Austin but at least he went 1 of 2 I'm NCGs. I ain't never seen nothing like this.

VN Store

Back