Texas A&M >>> Ohio State

They’re best win was against the team that just stomped a mud hole in their ass, and was down their starting QB when they got that win. I personally say let them in so Bama can put 50 on them, or Clemson can crush them again.
50 is an understatement.

I expect an Alabama vs Clemson championship and everyone else is just playing along.

I put OSU in the top 4 because they have an elite QB.

I don't think A&M is that good.

Bama is a 20 point favorite over Notre Dame. Has the prediction ever been that lopsided in a CFP game?

After getting spanked yesterday, I’d have to say Clemson would have whooped that Irish ass in SB if they’d been full strength. Florida’s late rally makes A&M’s claim much stronger

Notre Dame barely beat Clemson, who was without 3 defensive starters and sunshine. Then, with Clemson at full strength, they get blown out, and out-gained by 300 yards.

Yeah, A&M got blown out by Bama score-wise, but was only out-gained by 90 yards WITH Waddle. They’ve improved; Notre Dame has regressed.

Don’t think a team that lost its conference championship game has ever gotten in.

First time a one-loss SEC has been left out, also

Notre Dame is 0-8 and has been outscored like 35-7 average in the CFP and BCS.

Why not give someone else a chance? We’ve already seen how this turns out (losing by 24 to Clemson at full strength).

My sister in law is a big Indiana fan. The big 10 changed the rules so Ohio State could make it. Normally, the Big 10 rules were you had to play a certain amount of games which OSU has not. Indiana got screwed by their conference.

It’s like watching Alabama get preferential treatment in the SEC.

Reactions: BUBear and onevol74
Seeing the playoff 4 makes you wonder why the heck you even bother playing football.

But again, I expected nothing less from this silly season. At this point, it's about recouping the money that's lost, and the best way to do that is to get the most avid fan bases who you can reasonably justify putting in the playoffs. Bama, Clemson, Ohio State, and Notre Dame. Between those 4, you pretty much covered every single bandwagon fan in the nation.

This is exactly why a 4 team playoff just doesn't work. When there is no actual "standard," the standard becomes money and TV ratings.

Reactions: BartW
Notre Dame Record: 10-1
Top 25: 2-1
Above .500: 4-1
Opp win %: .478

Texas A&M Record:
8-1
Top 25: 1-1
Above .500: 2-1
Opp win % .463

Interesting stats. I feel like A&M should be ahead of Ohio St(lack of games) and ND.

SEC protected FL, GA, A&M, AUB AL, and LSU. With their 3rd cross division game. Came back to bite them in the rear.

If it is based off most derserving there is no way OSU should be in.

If it is best teams, just skip the foreplay, have Bama and Clemson play at the beginning of the year for the championship and call it a wrap. None of the other games matter anyway, we already know how this ends.

Reactions: BartW

VN Store

Back