Texas A&M >>> Ohio State

That is all.

No doubt in my mind. I get that the Alabama loss wasn't great, but Fisher's remarks about Waddle were something that I hadn't considered and I just don't see how you can leave a one-loss A&M out of the playoff with a straight face.

My bigger question is, as you opined on in the other thread, whether Notre Dame will get a spot in the Top 4 with a blowout. To me, the "locks" are Alabama/A&M/ACC Champ and the discussion for #4 boils down to ACC loser/OSU/Cincinnati/Oklahoma.

No doubt in my mind. I get that the Alabama loss wasn't great, but Fisher's remarks about Waddle were something that I hadn't considered and I just don't see how you can leave a one-loss A&M out of the playoff with a straight face.

My bigger question is, as you opined on in the other thread, whether Notre Dame will get a spot in the Top 4 with a blowout. To me, the "locks" are Alabama/A&M/ACC Champ and the discussion for #4 boils down to ACC loser/OSU/Cincinnati/Oklahoma.
If this blowout continues, Notre Dame doesn’t have much of an argument imo. If Cincinnati wins tonight go ahead and let them have the last spot. I’ve heard the “They’ll just get destroyed” argument a million times, but teams get destroyed pretty much every year. Just look at Oklahoma. Give the G5 their chance for once.

If this blowout continues, Notre Dame doesn’t have much of an argument imo. If Cincinnati wins tonight go ahead and let them have the last spot. I’ve heard the “They’ll just get destroyed” argument a million times, but teams get destroyed pretty much every year. Just look at Oklahoma. Give the G5 their chance for once.

Yeah it’s not everyday I want someone to show mercy on an overmatched Notre Dame squad, but Ohio State is easily the most undeserving team of anyone left with a legit CFP spot.

Notre Dame barely beat Clemson, who was without 3 defensive starters and Lawrence. Then, with Clemson at full strength, they get blown out, and out-gained by 300 yards.

Yeah, A&M got blown out by Bama score-wise, but was only out-gained by 90 yards WITH Waddle. They’ve improved; Notre Dame has regressed.

Don’t think a team that lost its conference championship game has ever gotten in.

Last edited:
Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
My four would be...

Alabama
Clemson
Texas A&M
Notre Dame

I would really be pissed if I was Notre Dame and was left out. We played 5 more games than Ohio State. We beat Clemson. This bull that it doesn't count is just that, bull. A win over Clemson without Trevor Lawrence is light years ahead of whatever win you want to claim Ohio State had. It should matter.

I play 11. They play 6. The best they play is Indiana and Northwestern and they don't even look good in those games?

I hate Notre Dame, but I'd have to vote for the Irish.

My four would be...

Alabama
Clemson
Texas A&M
Notre Dame

I would really be pissed if I was Notre Dame and was left out. We played 5 more games than Ohio State. We beat Clemson. This bull that it doesn't count is just that, bull. A win over Clemson without Trevor Lawrence is light years ahead of whatever win you want to claim Ohio State had. It should matter.

I play 11. They play 6. The best they play is Indiana and Northwestern and they don't even look good in those games?

My exact 4

That is all.
Agreed! I know UT is not good at all but A&M’s offensive efficiency is excellent. Their D line is one of the best in the country as well. I was really impressed with how solid they were in all facets of the game. They deserve to be in the playoff.

My four would be...

Alabama
Clemson
Texas A&M
Notre Dame

ND is going to get embarrassed again.

Reactions: escapegoat2
Nope. ND is overrated this year like they are every year. They are probably the 5th best team in the SEC.
They’re best win was against the team that just stomped a mud hole in their ass, and was down their starting QB when they got that win. I personally say let them in so Bama can put 50 on them, or Clemson can crush them again.

Texas A&M would beat Ohio state I’m sure of it. So I agree with the OP
A&M has only beaten two teams with winning records this season and their win over Florida was weakened by the Gators loss to LSU and Auburn ended up firing their coach. 🤔🤔🤔

It will be:
1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Ohio St.
4. Notre Dame

It should be:
1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Texas A&M
4. Cincinnati

Screw Ohio St. and their 6 games.

Reactions: bamawriter
So a 1 loss ACC team that didnt win their conference is better than a 1 loss SEC team that didnt win their conference?

Notre Dame Record: 10-1
Top 25: 2-1
Above .500: 4-1
Opp win %: .478

Texas A&M Record:
8-1
Top 25: 1-1
Above .500: 2-1
Opp win % .463

The ACC is terrible I dont think UNC was a better win than LSU or Auburn regardless of record. Of course some SEC teams were below .500 they only played other SEC teams. You add 4 OOC wins to those teams and those records look much different.

The ACC is terrible I dont think UNC was a better win than LSU or Auburn regardless of record. Of course some SEC teams were below .500 they only played other SEC teams. You add 4 OOC wins to those teams and those records look much different.
The sec isn’t very good either. Outside of the top 4 it’s a bunch of junk.

Reactions: onevol74
The SEC is much better. Look at recruiting rankings, NFL players drafted, etc. how many SEC teams are in the top 10 recruiting rankings? How many ACC teams are in the top 10 recruiting rankings?

OSU is going 7-3 against the Aggies schedule IMO.

Al and FL are losses and I figure an upset in there somewhere.

Fields has looked shaky at times.

These playoffs are pretty much a joke at just 4 teams.

It is still just a popularity contest at the end of it.

Reactions: jaybird_1981

VN Store

Back