Terrific story about Cheridene Green's plans

I loved watching ‘London’ play this season and hope she is successful in reaching her future goals, but here is a pretty telling statement about the former coaching staff-

"During my time at Tennessee, nobody saw me shoot a jump shot, which is crazy because I can actually shoot," Green said. "So I need to show people the things I can do. But with turning professional, I think my game is my canvas right now. I can literally be whatever player I want to be, and I know what kind of player I have always wanted to be."

....and then-

Even though Green is moving on to a professional career, she is excited for the future of the Tennessee program with the new coaching staff. So much so, that she wishes she had one more year of eligibility left to play for new head coach Kellie Harper.

"I really love Kellie," Green said. "She is very cool and genuine. I already feel like it is a family. It just feels genuine to me, and she seems to care about you as a person."

Sad to think about the wasted potential of her and other Lady Vol graduates and transfers.

Cher sounds so grounded and realistic in her assessments and outlook. She's confident in her abilities while acknowledging her goals to become more consistent. You get the impression that she's going to be successful and a true asset to her community wherever she goes.

Also admire her gracious comments and appreciation for the hospitality she received in Knoxville. Her attitude that being a college athlete is a privilege is refreshing, and her description of how proud her mom was to finally get to see her play on Senior Day was inspirational.

Best wishes and Godspeed!

VN Store

Back