Terrible performance

This is probably the worst effort game I’ve seen in Barnes tenure. I can handle a loss on a cold shooting night, but when you turn the ball over and don’t play defense; that doesn’t sit well with me. Get your running shoes on boys, it’s going to be a long week.
Who will make them 'run' ?

This is probably the worst effort game I’ve seen in Barnes tenure. I can handle a loss on a cold shooting night, but when you turn the ball over and don’t play defense; that doesn’t sit well with me. Get your running shoes on boys, it’s going to be a long week.
This is my opinion on the game as well. Wasn’t too mad after the TTU game last year - we shot horribly, but he hung around the game bc we played smart basketball and hard defense. Today, we did none of that. We shouldn’t have even shown up with the effort we had today.

Wow felt bad missing the game because of vacation but really glad I didn’t see it now…

He needs to sit down the whole starting 5 and put in the younger guys...somebody on that basketball gotta be hungry enough to want to play harder than what was shown today...no excuses for that kind of **** that happened today....not with the experience and recruiting class they just got in......

Is Gonzaga overrated? I didn't get to watch that game, but the two games to open the season have been pretty unimpressive given what the hype was going into them.

As critical as Barnes was about the guard play, BJE might have an opportunity to take a huge step. ZZ is too small and will miss Uros screening for him.

Barnes called the guard play “wild” on the post game radio show.

Reactions: esarmstrong
I still believe in defense first, then an inside to outside basketball offense. That's the winning formula to a National Championship.

Reactions: i2amavol
The huge problem for this team to me is they have almost no one that is capable of creating a shot, particularly inside. Zakai is not a threat going to the rim, Santi lacks the strength or athleticism to consistently get to the rim and make shots. Jo has absolutely no touch around the rim. Nkamhoua has apparently regressed significantly.

We don't even take care of the ball either. Both PGs have been very careless in both games. We don't shoot well from deep, yet that's all we do. Same thing as last year, except you had Chandler there to bail you out and make plays happen for other people as well.

Edit: I would necessarily worry about the rebounding. We had more offensive rebounds than they did, but when you shoot 25% from the field, the other team is going to rack up some defensive rebounds.

Reactions: esarmstrong
Not impressed at all. Too focused on shooting 3s, no inside presence, poor shooting, whipped on the glass, and not taking care of the ball. Terrible performance.
Yeah, hard to find anything good to say about that one. Biggest concern to me is the post play. I had huge hopes for ORN, and I'm starting to wonder. Still think it'll be a very good team, but if post play doesn't improve, they'll struggle at times.

VN Store

Back