Terrible performance

It was one of our stinker games that we have a few times a year. Unfortunately it was against a bad team. This is more likely to go in the books as our worst game shooting the ball all year than it is to be a season long trend.

It was one of our stinker games that we have a few times a year. Unfortunately it was against a bad team. This is more likely to go in the books as our worst game shooting the ball all year than it is to be a season long trend.

We did shoot well in the first half vs Tennessee Tech. If the 3 isn’t working, you have to have another plan. They didn’t try anything else.

Reactions: esarmstrong
There are days when the ball doesn't go in the hole, hitch in the shooting mechanics, etc... However, there is NO excuse for that lack of defensive effort.
Kudos to Colo, they found what was working and exploited it.

We didn’t look that great against Tennessee Tech to be honest. So far we’re not a good shooting team. Hope we can get things turned around.

Virtually all the good shooters from 3 besides KC returned, so I don't see why we wouldn't go back to being a good shooting team. It was just one of those days when no one could throw it in the ocean. Had we been able to shoot even 33 percent from 3 in the first half we are cruising instead of barely ahead. Stinker of a game no doubt but unlikely to be a long term trend.

Reminds me of the Texas Tech game last year.
Worse than Texas Tech. That game was close and went to OT before UT lost. Tennessee got completely run out of the gym by a middle of the road PAC 10 team. This was one of the worst overall efforts I have seen from Tennessee since 2019. A lack of Kennedy Chandler makes a big difference on this team. Chandler covered for a bunch of shortcomings that Zeigler (short) and Vescovi (cannot create his own shot) cannot cover. Get ready. This is not the last abysmal effort we will see from this team this season. I am afraid this will be an up-and-down year for Tennessee.

This is probably the worst effort game I’ve seen in Barnes tenure. I can handle a loss on a cold shooting night, but when you turn the ball over and don’t play defense; that doesn’t sit well with me. Get your running shoes on boys, it’s going to be a long week.

VN Store

Back