She's gone,
Oh I...oh I...
I'd pay the devil to replace her,
She's gone...
Oh, why?

What went wrooooooooooooong?????

Last edited:
Reactions: Rickster
Fear of sibling rivalry may well have played a part in Teoni's decision, just not on the part of KJH. We don't know the sisters' real life relationship of course, maybe the dynamics told the family that playing on the same team wouldn't work. Reasonable family choice.

For her part, I'm totally sure KJH would have gladly put that aside to get a truly top notch recruit like Teoni. Plus avoid the unfair tho embarrassing "couldn't land the sibling" accusation on the recruiting trail.

Turning down Teoni on the basis of family relationship would also make KJH a raging hypocrite everytime she called on Asst. Coach Jon Harper.

Last edited:
Right up there with Kellie deciding that Saniya Rivers was not a "fit" for what the team she was building, and that's why Saniya went elsewhere. Same reputable source :cool:

tenor.gif

Reactions: cutiepie5
....or as a coach. I think there are still several questions. The team didn't look progressively better last year imo.

UNC lost their last seven games and exited in the first round of ACC tournament (to Wake Forest). They lost at home to Duke by 19...a team that had only beaten them by 10 earlier at Duke.

It doesn't seem that "getting progressively better" was a factor in Teonni's choosing UNC.

UNC lost their last seven games and exited in the first round of ACC tournament (to Wake Forest). They lost at home to Duke by 19...a team that had only beaten them by 10 earlier at Duke.

It doesn't seem that "getting progressively better" was a factor in Teonni's choosing UNC.

We were far better than UNC last year, and had been. But, I don't know why they're choosing them over us..

We were far better than UNC last year, and had been. But, I don't know why they're choosing them over us..

Maybe it’s the lure of UNC? Could be because they are sponsored by a Jordan which trust me is a big pull with some athletes. Some stayed closer to home. Some could have connected with the staff on a different level.

Lots of reasons I just know the three we have right now we are blessed to have and I am glad they chose us. Three quality kids who can immediately bring something to the table

Last edited:

ding ding!

My theory is the "Vanderbilt-Stephanie White theory"...Stephanie is a highly visible individual who assumed a collegiate coaching position after a pro role...she was a former professional basketball player that was also the head coach of the Indiana Fever of the WNBA for the 2015 and 2016 season and was the winner of the Wade Trophy in 1999, which recognizes the top female basketball player in the nation.,,,all that looks like a yellow brick road, and may be ultimately, but so far it is just a road that turned yellow.

Banghart: As a guard, Banghart played for Dartmouth from 1996 to 2000, including the Dartmouth teams that won the 1999 and 2000 Ivy League titles. She holds Dartmouth records for 3 pointers in a game, season, and career...Coaching at Princeton, Banghart won five outright Ivy League championships from 2010 through 2015, and, as a result, appeared in five NCAA Women's Division I Tournaments and a sixth "at-large" appearance in 2016. Her best team was the 2014–15 unit, which went 30–0 in the regular season and defeated Green Bay in the 2015 NCAA Tournament ... However her first year at UNC she was 16-14...

Like Coach K she now has a roster of higher potential athletes...Will she follow the White trail or set a new trail...this season should tell us a lot.

I’m so tired of these subtle digs at our players as if they aren’t highly recruited🙄

These recruits were high enough to get the attention of a certain coach who was linked with the LV job and oh look they chose TN. I guess they aren’t good enough if they choose UT while not going to some of the other “top” schools👀

Our most recent commitments:
Puckett - tons of P5 offers
Wynn - multiple (didn’t post hers?) P5 offers
Striplin - tons of P5 offers in the southeast

According to Darth, KJH should sign 20 players in the 2021 recruiting cycle and should feel ashamed if someone declines. No, we didn’t get Key. Were you mad too when Pat didn’t get Maya Moore? Not every kid wants to come to Tennessee and that’s okay.

We get caught up in “ratings” and honestly that has been part of our downfall the last few years. I don’t care if Puckett, Wynn, and Striplin are 100+ if they can help the Lady Vols win.

Go Vols!

I’m so tired of these subtle digs at our players as if they aren’t highly recruited🙄

These recruits were high enough to get the attention of a certain coach who was linked with the LV job and oh look they chose TN. I guess they aren’t good enough if they choose UT while not going to some of the other “top” schools👀
not big on rankings and all that hype on highly recruited players all I know is that the girls CKH has brought in some great Basketball players not surprised if they "outplay" their rankings!!!

According to Darth, KJH should sign 20 players in the 2021 recruiting cycle and should feel ashamed if someone declines. No, we didn’t get Key. Were you mad too when Pat didn’t get Maya Moore? Not every kid wants to come to Tennessee and that’s okay.

We get caught up in “ratings” and honestly that has been part of our downfall the last few years. I don’t care if Puckett, Wynn, and Striplin are 100+ if they can help the Lady Vols win.

Go Vols!

I always look at the players we are recruiting verses what (Schools) that are recruiting them ! All three of the ladies who verbaled had many offers and most of the SEC schools were after all three ! I take that fact as the most important factor in their value ..... Not how they are ranked ! These ladies will make us proud and make me excited to watch them play ..... That hasn’t been the situation over the last few years ! And everyone on this forum knows what I am saying! JMO

Reactions: mlindsay
not big on rankings and all that hype on highly recruited players all I know is that the girls CKH has brought in some great Basketball players not surprised if they "outplay" their rankings!!!

Right. However, the constant jabs and subtle digs are really tiresome. I think these young ladies will really help TN as they each have a skill set that is unique to them and have played on big stages and been able to produce.

Go Vols!
Truth -- Rhyne Howard is considered one of the top 5 players in the country was ranked 32nd by HG her senior year. It seems like a 2018 commitment from her would have disappointed some posters here.

I always look at the players we are recruiting verses what (Schools) that are recruiting them ! All three of the ladies who verbaled had many offers and most of the SEC schools were after all three ! I take that fact as the most important factor in their value ..... Not how they are ranked ! These ladies will make us proud and make me excited to watch them play ..... That hasn’t been the situation over the last few years ! And everyone on this forum knows what I am saying! JMO

Louisville (the ACCs best ... last year at least) was after at least two of them. Oregon who had their choice of recruits were after two of them. They weren’t just recruited by SEC schools but schools from all power 5 leagues. It’s crazy how some people use a players accomplishments as a negative lol😂

We have recruits that have been recruited from East to the west coast literally 😂

Not to mention their accomplishments in the classroom, community, and on the court (both volleyball and basketball for Puckett) and on the track for Wynn.

VN Store

Back