Tennessee's Total Wins Set At 7

I would certainly take the over...unless they are basing this on something less than a 12 game regular season. What does Vegas know? Hmmmm

They know because there wasn’t a Spring practice, that JG is likely the starter to start the season. We all saw how that start went last year.
Arguably the most important position this year. I agree, these QB's have been affected by lack of practice. I wonder if some type of "spring make up" will be offered to teams? We sure could use it.....

Reactions: CA_Vol
Arguably the most important position this year. I agree, these QB's have been affected by lack of practice. I wonder if some type of "spring make up" will be offered to teams? We sure could use it.....
Unfortunately, our AD was the sole advocate for NOT allowing players to return June 1 to start training. Unlikely is my guess.

Reactions: Sara Clark
Sorry folks, but if go 7-5 during the regular season I'm marking it down as a major disappointment...another year of Pruitt's system, didn't lose a ton of seniors or underclassmen, we get a weak cross divisional game, and have increased depth and talent.

Granted the lack of spring camp or delayed practices will factor in, this team has to go 8-4 minimum...I would like to see at least 9-3 myself because that would mean we got at least one top 10 team.

Unfortunately, our AD was the sole advocate for NOT allowing players to return June 1 to start training. Unlikely is my guess.
Fake news. Some ADs didnt vote either way (probably didnt want to return June 1 and didnt want crazy rednecks giving them death threats) and Fulmer only wanted to postpone 2 weeks. 2 weeks isn't going to make or break us

Unfortunate for him, if the NCAA grants spring practice make ups across the board, he'll have no choice. Unless he decides it's smart to allow the other teams to practice, and not ours.

Reactions: TAF and CA_Vol
They know because there wasn’t a Spring practice, that JG is likely the starter to start the season. We all saw how that start went last year.
I think he probably would've started, anyway. Not because he's better. But because I think the position is his to lose.

I am giving up the OU game, early on. We will not be ready. It is in Norman, etc etc. But, I think we shock UGA, later on, with our feet securely under us. 9-3, regular season, 6-2, in the SEC, 2nd in the East. Possible 10-3, after a bowl win. With losses to OU, Bama and UF, we should crack the top 10-15.

Reactions: 08Vol
Yep. I wonder how many people dont realize that the lack of spring practice is going to stunt JG's already stunted "growth" under Chaney. I bet we even start hearing "he needs 3 years under Chaney"....

Sorry folks, but if go 7-5 during the regular season I'm marking it down as a major disappointment...another year of Pruitt's system, didn't lose a ton of seniors or underclassmen, we get a weak cross divisional game, and have increased depth and talent.

Granted the lack of spring camp or delayed practices will factor in, this team has to go 8-4 minimum...I would like to see at least 9-3 myself because that would mean we got at least one top 10 team.

Most of these seniors are CBJ players so you have to factor that in.

Well I hope JG does well. JMO I hope if we are ahead in some early games JP will let our backups play to get some seasoning under their belts. Surely we can have an 8-4 season.

Reactions: TennesseeTarheel
I'm guessing they're giving us Charlotte, Furman, Mizzou, Arkansas, Kentucky, Troy and Vandy. That's means they think we'll lose to Florida and Bama at home and Oklahoma, South Carolina and Georgia on the road. Doesn't really sound that unlikely.

If I were betting, I would think 7 is the number. We will be a TD (or more) underdog in at least 4 games and that game in early October at USCe will be difficult as well.

I'm guessing they're giving us Charlotte, Furman, Mizzou, Arkansas, Kentucky, Troy and Vandy. That's means they think we'll lose to Florida and Bama at home and Oklahoma, South Carolina and Georgia on the road. Doesn't really sound that unlikely.

I could see us screwing around and losing to Kentucky as our (hopefully only) "WTF" game of 2020, and beating USCe.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back