Tennessee-Wright State Series Finale Thread

I just want consistency. Would love to host a regional but keep grinding and make the tournament.

I just want consistency. Would love to host a regional but keep grinding and make the tournament.

Assuming Crochet stays healthy, Dallas is the key. I just don’t think he’s good enough to be an equal trade for Stallings. Stallings is very hard to replace.

Also I don’t think Daniel and Soulaire can be the guys needed for this offense to keep going

Taking bigger steps. We should be in ncaa every year.

Lol. I follow the game but just generally. But this program had a long period without making it. You don’t have to host a regional to win one. I don’t understand those expectations, but that’s just me.

This team is much better then last years team. Bad weekend against a good team who will make a regional. It’s baseball this stuff happens. No reason to think going over 500 in the SEC and hosting a regional isnt in reach.

If this team is better than last year who replaces Stallings?

who replaces Lipcius?

Can soulaire be as good as last year?

Imo all three of those answers show three main reasons this team isn’t as good

Reactions: Titan05
This team is much better then last years team. Bad weekend against a good team who will make a regional. It’s baseball this stuff happens. No reason to think going over 500 in the SEC and hosting a regional isnt in reach.
This 👆🏻

Pitching staff compared to last year isn’t even a comparison. This staff is much better top to bottom. I think we are better offensively too. I think we have been playing a little over our heads offensively to date, but we are still pretty good top to bottom. It’s still early. Time will tell....

This 👆🏻

Pitching staff compared to last year isn’t even a comparison. This staff is much better top to bottom. I think we are better offensively too. I think we have been playing a little over our heads offensively to date, but we are still pretty good top to bottom. It’s still early. Time will tell....

Overall the staff may be deeper but deeper doesn’t win weekends in the SEC very often. It’s all about starting pitching and a closer. I’m not sold on our closer being able to continue to trick SEC hitters at 82.

Last years offense was feared on the base paths as well. This team doesn’t have that fear of the SB. Going to be hard to keep hitting HRs in SEC especially on the road

Whoever is Wright State's pitching coach is doing a hell of a job. Very impressed with their performance this weekend.

Those guys are aggressive, poised, and were all over the strike zone. They don't have over powering arms, but our guys were down in the count all weekend. That type of pitching keeps you in games.

My concern all season thus far is our offense. The difference in this weekend and the games against the likes of Northern Kentucky, Longwood, Charlotte, George Washington etc is those were awful pitching staffs. Walks Walks Walks. Tennessee put up bog numbers in part because those staffs were terrible. Tennessee hasn't done well manufacturing runs and are making way too many easy out. I think up until the 7th, we only made 3 out on the ground. Got to put the ball in play on the ground and not in the air. That's gimme outs and doesn't give you a chance.

They also need to move Soularte down to about the 6th spot. He looks lost up there most at bats.

If this team is better than last year who replaces Stallings?

who replaces Lipcius?

Can soulaire be as good as last year?

Imo all three of those answers show three main reasons this team isn’t as good
Dallas will be as good as Stallings. Wallace is better then Lingo. More depth in the pen. Nobody will replace Andre but Rucker is putting up good numbers and the lineup has more depth and power. Alerick being as good as last year the jury is out. Daniels has been pretty damn good and much improved too. Everyone in the lineup is improved so that should balance out Alerick imo.

Dallas will be as good as Stallings. Wallace is better then Lingo. More depth in the pen. Nobody will replace Andre but Rucker is putting up good numbers and the lineup has more depth and power. Alerick being as good as last year the jury is out. Daniels has been pretty damn good and much improved too. Everyone in the lineup is improved so that should balance out Alerick imo.

I’ll take a serious bet Dallas isn’t as good as Stallings. He just doesn’t have the secondary stuff to be as consistent as Stallings was. You saw that Friday night.

the problem I see is Soulaire is going to be way down from a year ago and I don’t believe for a minute Daniel will be a solid player in SEC play. In fact I bet he plays himself out of the lineup. Ferguson, Rucker and the catcher are all better but that alone can’t take up the slack lost.

Those 70 SBs lost are key unless we keep hitting bombs at the same pace and that won’t happen imo

Ill also add that Wallace numbers likely won’t be as good as Lingo either. That 3.5 Era against the teams he’s pitched Isn’t going to hold up in SEC Play I Am afraid

Last edited:
Well rats. Can't win em all, but you should win the ones you are supposed to win. Go Vols, beat Etsu.

I never said it wasn’t in reach. Just said that it wasn’t a failure by making the tournament and not hosting a regional.

VN Store

Back