Tennessee won't finish 5th in East

If UT finishes third behind UGA and UF (assuming 9-3 record), CJP should mentioned for CoY.

If UT finishes third behind UGA and UF (assuming 9-3 record), CJP should mentioned for CoY.
I agree but I will stand by my pick. I do think we have a HC that knows more about football than we are giving him credit for. He would have done much better last year if some of the players did bail on the last 2 games of the season. To quote some of them "They didn't want to go to a NOTHING bowl game." They wanted to go home for the Christmas break. I hope those quitters are gone.

Reactions: 08Vol
Tennessee isn't losing to BYU. Byu will be coming off the Utah "Holy War" and then have to fly to UT the next week. It's impossible to 'Get Up" two straight weeks; and BYU will definitely give UTAH everything they got. PLUS; Tennessee will be the Better team! Vols by 14.

So the article says we won’t finish fifth...but fourth. Wow talk about sticking your neck out!
So we beat Vandy, UK, USCjr, and MSU. That's 4-4. If USC goes 4-4 (likely), we jump to 4th, via head to head. Not a stretch at all. Very doable, and likely.

Why do you think they won’t finish 5th? I think that if they try real hard and if they get some breaks they can definitely finish 5th in the East. Guess I’m a glass half full kinda guy.
You are a glass always empty guy. Don’t try to church it up son

Reactions: KBVol
Why do you think they won’t finish 5th? I think that if they try real hard and if they get some breaks they can definitely finish 5th in the East. Guess I’m a glass half full kinda guy.
You are a glass always empty guy. Don’t try to church it up son

Reactions: KBVol
Tennessee isn't losing to BYU. Byu will be coming off the Utah "Holy War" and then have to fly to UT the next week. It's impossible to 'Get Up" two straight weeks; and BYU will definitely give UTAH everything they got. PLUS; Tennessee will be the Better team! Vols by 14.

We don’t often seem to get many breaks in scheduling. But it is definitely a break for us that BYU plays Utah before us.

Reactions: 08Vol
Tennessee beats Florida with no turnovers and 338 yards through the air, but loses to Alabama in overtime because we switch to the run. Georgia beats Florida but loses to TN on a down game. Florida stumbles down the stretch. TN vs Ala. in the SEC CG. Hey, It's my dream.

It's easy to be right when you generalize like this... I mean that could describe anyone's season :p

We’re a terrible team until we prove otherwise on the field.

If the guys go in to the season with an edge, believing that they have everything to prove (which they do), then they might just surprise a lot of people. That’s my hope as a fan who has seen the best of our program ... and who has spent about 15 years watching the worst of it.

The occasional media hype ain’t enough anymore. One or two sports writers throwing a wild prediction out there to see if it sticks doesn’t amount to squat when you are consistently dropping games to the likes of Vandy and South Carolina. Pruitt and the boys in Orange have a mission to accomplish. I am anxiously waiting for tangible signs that they are on the way.

We don’t often seem to get many breaks in scheduling. But it is definitely a break for us that BYU plays Utah before us.

But BYU plays Utah on Thursday night, so they have two extra days to prepare for us.

Of course just like us, Georgia also has a bye week before our game.

And on the super sucky side: MissSt, UAB and @KY all have bye weeks before playing us.

One plus is that both Mizzou and USCe play Florida and Georgia immediately before us....and we have a bye week before Mizzou game....but we play MissSt and at bama before USCe, so that is a wash.

Last edited:
Tennessee beats Florida with no turnovers and 338 yards through the air, but loses to Alabama in overtime because we switch to the run. Georgia beats Florida but loses to TN on a down game. Florida stumbles down the stretch. TN vs Ala. in the SEC CG. Hey, It's my dream.

It’s important to have dreams. I like yours.

Hound Dog Day - a revival of the beloved movie Ground Hog Day w a twist. Coach Pruitt replaces Bill Murray in this lovable role where the coach wakes up each morning in Knoxville, TN, for over two decades only to learn that nothing has changed. But hark, I bring you tidings of great joy says the once burrowing Winchester Phil, as there will be 10 sunny years of UT Football ahead.

Hound Dog Day - a revival of the beloved movie Ground Hog Day w a twist. Coach Pruitt replaces Bill Murray in this lovable role where the coach wakes up each morning in Knoxville, TN, for over two decades only to learn that nothing has changed. But hark, I bring you tidings of great joy says the once burrowing Winchester Phil, as there will be 10 sunny years of UT Football ahead.
So, you're saying UT will such for 20 years under CJP? I don't think I want to watch that movie.

VN Store

Back