Tennessee vs Indiana Mismatch

They are a scrappy team. It’s not a mismatch. That being said we’ve schockered the past three big ten teams that we’ve played in bowl games so history boded well.

And I believe IU had just lost their starting QB the week before they played Penn St. This isn’t the IU of old. They are even better than the IU teams led by Randel-El.

I thought he got hurt the week after in the first half of the Michigan game?

I’d have to look it up and I’m not that interested but I thought it was before PSU. You could be right though.

It looks like Penix (who I think is a freshman) started that year as the starter but had a problem with injuries...missed Games 3 and 4....left Game 7 and didn’t come back until Game 9...and then (at least according to the “out for the season date”) broke his jaw in that game (Game 9 against Northwestern), right before a bye week followed by the Penn State game.

You were right. I must have confused the announcers talking about Penix having broken his jaw (right after an Indiana WR left the Michigan game with an injury) and thought it was news from the game I had been watching.

Reactions: hUTch2002
They have a really good QB. Low ints. Low tds. High completion %. Lots of potential for Heisman breakout game.

Thank you. I swear if I have to hear the GA state reference one more time! FFS anyone with some brain-cellls we are not the same team we were then.

Yes we are a much better team now, however, I think what he or she is meaning is that no way should we overlook them and be well prepared and ready to play. I think if we are ready to play we will win the game with any of our 3 qb

Has anybody looked inside Indiana's 8-4 record. It's misleading to say the least. It's very similar to UAB's record in that they have won a lot of games against opponents that were AWFUL. Indiana has not beaten a single team this year with a winning or even a break-even record. Their wins have come against Eastern Illinois (1-11), Connecticut (2-10), Rutgers (2-10), Maryland (3-9), Northwestern (3-9), Purdue (4-8), Ball State (5-7) and Nebraska (5-7). I know Tennessee didn't beat any of the big boys this year but dang we did beat one 9-4 team, two 7-5 teams and two 6-6 teams along with Vandy and SCar who had losing seasons. The bottom line is Tennessee should beat these Hooisers like a red-headed stepchild and finish with a very respectable 8-5 record. Who would have thunk it after the GaState and BYU games ... not me ... GBO!!!
Nailed it

VN Store

Back