Tennessee vs Indiana Mismatch

When I was a baby, I messed my pants. I've grown up and that's no longer an issue. I think we can look back at the Ga St and even the BYU game and realize this team has grown up.
Indiana can factor those into their game plan but I doubt you'll see three DL attempting to all play the same position like we did early in the season, nor will our coaches be looking forward to Oklahoma next year while game planning.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Has anybody looked inside Indiana's 8-4 record. It's misleading to say the least. It's very similar to UAB's record in that they have won a lot of games against opponents that were AWFUL. Indiana has not beaten a single team this year with a winning or even a break-even record. Their wins have come against Eastern Illinois (1-11), Connecticut (2-10), Rutgers (2-10), Maryland (3-9), Northwestern (3-9), Purdue (4-8), Ball State (5-7) and Nebraska (5-7). I know Tennessee didn't beat any of the big boys this year but dang we did beat one 9-4 team, two 7-5 teams and two 6-6 teams along with Vandy and SCar who had losing seasons. The bottom line is Tennessee should beat these Hooisers like a red-headed stepchild and finish with a very respectable 8-5 record. Who would have thunk it after the GaState and BYU games ... not me ... GBO!!!

Vegas has it a pickem game chance for you to make big $$$$$$
Jump on it.

Wouldn't say this was a guaranteed win for us, we did lose to Georgia State at home guys...JS.

When I was a baby, I messed my pants. I've grown up and that's no longer an issue. I think we can look back at the Ga St and even the BYU game and realize this team has grown up.
Indiana can factor those into their game plan but I doubt you'll see three DL attempting to all play the same position like we did early in the season, nor will our coaches be looking forward to Oklahoma next year while game planning.

What are the odds of wasting a TO on something similar?

If our QB play is "on", we beat Indiana easily by 3 TDs. Close for the first half - pull away in the 3rd and early 4th before letting up on the pedal

Mismatch huh, I think everyone on here, incluing myself, thought that about Ga St. Let’s just be happy we r in a bowl game. Then hope the team takes care of business and ends on a positive note and with an 8-5 tecord and be happy with that.
What we thought about GSU has nothing to do with the outcome. The team that finished the season vs Vandy isn't the team that lost the first two games. In fact, the team that finished the season would have beaten GSU and BYU the way we all expected them to... or worse.

If Vandy or USCe had played IU's schedule... they'd be bowl eligible. I'm not saying UT can't lose to them. By IU standards, this is a very good Hoosier football team. But don't pretend that they're as good as say... UK or Mizzou. They're not.

Indiana didn't even beat an average team ... Tennessee beat FOUR of them. Tennessee won their last 5 games, Indiana lost 2 of their last 3 games. Besides we've been here before. We crushed Wisconsin, Iowa, Northwestern and Nebraska the last four times we've been matched against a little 10 team. What makes you think this year will be any different?

Uh, and how many players and coaches on the present team were on those teams? We don't even have the same dog out there for all those games. I get finding reasons to be confident, but good grief.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Going to be without Jennings the first half, that’s a major blow for the offense. I think we win, but it’s going to be close.

I think Callaway and Palmer can carry the load for a half. Target DWA. Run Chandler Jordan and Grey down their throats. Then light them up in the second half with Jennings.

Reactions: UTwild82
Indiana hard team to figure. They only lost to PSU by 7, a team many on here said would stomp UT in a bowl game. Indiana then got stomped by Michigan. I think UT will win but it probably will not be easy.
And I believe IU had just lost their starting QB the week before they played Penn St. This isn’t the IU of old. They are even better than the IU teams led by Randel-El.

Here's one that watched the bowl selection show and beleive everything said.
You really dont know football.

And please respond telling me all about how long you've watched blah blah and real fan blah blah
You're not worth it.

Uh, and how many players and coaches on the present team were on those teams? We don't even have the same dog out there for all those games. I get finding reasons to be confident, but good grief.

It's certainly you're prerogative to cautious, scared or whatever but I'm not. I've been watching college ball for over 55 years and I KNOW how overrated the little 10 teams have been for decades. The SEC beats the little 10 about 65% of the time in bowl games and Tennessee has done especially well against the little 10. Therefore, I have NO DOUBT that Tennessee will win this game handily, sorry you don't.

Not sure where all the arrogance from our fan base comes from. I like our finish but realize it's the result of a weaker end of season schedule as much as our improvement. We are at best a slightly above average team playing an average team.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
I guess what I was trying to say was, if the Vols current record shows 5 losses, how can the record show only 4 losses after the bowl game?
Well a few years ago Bama lost to Ol Miss two years in a row, but as a little time went by they didn't lose games after all. (BTW we just kidding around with the absolute optimism slogans)

VN Store

Back