Tennessee vs ETSU Game Thread - 6pm

Just to know why our guys were so mouthy in last nights game . ETSU was supposed to be off the field at 5:20 yesterday, like every other team that has or will play at UT. But ETSU decided to be dis respectful and not be off the field at the proper time and it got heated in pre-game , explains why our boys were chattering a bit more than usual. got the information from pretty reliable sources, from outside looking in , sure woke up a sleeping bear. Go VOLS

Last edited:
Just to know why our guys were so mouthy in last nights game . ETSU was supposed to be off the field at 5:20 yesterday, like every other team that has or will play at UT. But ETSU decided to be dis respectful and not be off the field at the proper time and it got heated in pre-game , explains why our boys were chattering a bit more than usual. got the information from pretty reliable sources, from outside looking in , sure woke up a sleeping bear. Go VOLS

Meh

ETSU got real mouthy from the beginning for some reason. I would say as it was said yesterday a lot of them wanted to be recruited by UT. Plus they took high offense to the homeruns and kept accusing UT players of showing them up with bat flips and stuff.

ETSU got real mouthy from the beginning for some reason. I would say as it was said yesterday a lot of them wanted to be recruited by UT. Plus they took high offense to the homeruns and kept accusing UT players of showing them up with bat flips and stuff.
Bat flips during blow out games are rightfully so frowned upon

Were there bat flips late in the game last night ?

I didn't think so and I'm normally one who sees that stuff. I would guess Al was a little excited when he hit his second and probably put a little more on it but both of his were no doubters so you get a little more toss on the bat when you know they are gone. Second baseman said he bat flipped and started trot too early.

I guess I'm sort of old school but flipping your bat against a mid-major weekday pitcher looks stupid.......hit one off Kumar Rocker to win the game, you can flip your damn bat and run backwards for all I care.

Im 110% old school but any big spot in any game deserves some emotion. I hate midweek games after SEC play because it’s hard sometimes for SEC teams to keep their edge. Not to point fingers but a lot of times players think like this post and play flat.

Now blow out game bat flips are uncalled for

Reactions: Titan05
Im 110% old school but any big spot in any game deserves some emotion. I hate midweek games after SEC play because it’s hard sometimes for SEC teams to keep their edge. Not to point fingers but a lot of times players think like this post and play flat.

Now blow out game bat flips are uncalled for

I believe it was the bottom of the 7th and 13-5 when Al hit his 2nd HR of the day which made it a 15-5 game. Scored 2 in the 7th and 2 in the 8th if I recall resulting in the 17-5 win. No doubt ETSU was a little chirpy, I think its safe to say neither program care much about the other.

I believe it was the bottom of the 7th and 13-5 when Al hit his 2nd HR of the day which made it a 15-5 game. Scored 2 in the 7th and 2 in the 8th if I recall resulting in the 17-5 win. No doubt ETSU was a little chirpy, I think its safe to say neither program care much about the other.

A Hr to go up 10 isn’t the time for a bat flip. If that’s what happened I don’t blame Etsu for being mad

Sounds like to me... this got started before the game, we know we got a bench warning, the bat flip was probably just a continuation of all that ill will.

We all know what it is like when you got a bunch of dudes puffing up. Just part of. At least it didn’t turn into a bench clearing brawl.

Reading the game thread there was an issue after the 2nd hr which was when the blow out was coming to an end
Flip was after 1st homer. I saw a tweet last night from Ben Makee that explained all the bench warnings. Already heated. when Russel goes dong words were exchanged at second base. Russell then touches third and looks at ETSU bench and swipes across TN on his jersey. Video review, yup it happened.

Reactions: txbo

VN Store

Back