Tennessee vs. Auburn

andykellysfan

Who wins this game UTK or UA? I believe that UTK will win if they can stop Williams, Brown, and Campbell.

GOOOOOOO Vols!!!!!!!

I think our chances are pretty slim......to even keep it close.

The mentality of football is this: When one gets a sizeable lead (especially after beating a team 20+ straight times), then you have to understand that they are playing with an "I don't care mentality"). Rem. that one of the TD's for Vandy Comodes was a tipped ball. Yes, UT has problems, but look for them to play a great game against AU for the SECCG !

Today really set up a great underdog mentality for the Vols.

Auburn beat Alabama, but did not blow them away by any means. This gives Auburn an 11-0 season this far, which means they will have a good sense of overconfidence. Their next game is against a Vols team that they previously beat by 24 points, and who just game up over 30 points to Vander-f***ing-bilt.

If giving up that many points to Vandy was a real wakeup call for our defense, I'd say look for Tennessee to take Auburn in the first and fourth quarters.

The Vols win. Auburn comes out stale, like they did today against 'bama, and UT takes advantage with 3 touchdowns in the first half. The 'D' plays up to their abilities, and UT wins by a field goal.

Yes, Auburn came out flat today. And they have two weeks to think about that before they face us. I think they'll get it corrected.

Our defense gave up too many points to Vandy, and too many points to SoCar.

If AU comes out focused and determined, they'll win easy. If they don't and we are focused and determined, then we'll win by no more than 3.

Our chances are slim but that's better then none! But our D and running game must show up in order to win!!

Go Vols!!

Our best offensive chance is to keep a balanced attack. Mix it up as much as possible, which we have the ability to do, and keep Auburn guessing.

Here's what we have to do to beat AU:

Offense:
1) Protect Rick Clausen, giving him time to make good, smart throws.
2) Mix it up--mix the run and the pass to confuse the AU defense.
3) Score touchdowns--against AU we cannot afford to settle for FGs.

Defense:
1) Get pressure on Jason Campbell.
2) Force turnovers.
3) Stop/slowdown Ron Brown and Cadillac Williams.

This game reminds me of the Miami game last year and the UF game in 2001.
UT had slim to no chance in those also.

You know, I thought that we had a slim to none chance against UGA this year, but the team came through. However, I think that UGA is a little over rated. Auburn is not. We will just have to see if our offense and defense can both show up and have the game of the season.

Let's see how we play against UK first. There was a thread here during the week lamenting that the Vandy line was only 13! Hard to say how we compete against Aub when we have another "meaningless" game to play.

Originally posted by allvolinky@Nov 21, 2004 5:07 PM
I have to agree with LIO and freak....I think our chances are slim to none....

One thing's for sure . . . our chances are a lot better than Georgia's or Florida's.

:good:

there is always a chance but I will be suprised if we beat AU, thrilled but suprised

The sad thing is that Bama showed that Auburn can be at least slowed down, but I'm not sure that we have the horses to emulate what Bama did last week.

Now now folks, I have been quite for awhile, Dont't know why but have. kind of like hybernation.

Fisrt and foremost Vandy has some talent on that team, they have lsot four games by a combined 13 pts. They had he lead against Georiga. But enough of that.

Let's worry about Kentucly first. I knox they are horrible but, they have had two weeks to prepare for Tennessee.

I for one think Tennessee has a very good chance to beat AU if both teams show up at the same time. I can't think of one time this season we have played a complete Game Ofense and defense to thier fullest potential.

Anytime you get a chance to revenge a loss in the same season it is huge.
This team has showed they have the heart to win to overcome and they will be fired up like no one will believe.

The only way for the Vols to win is for the defense not to give up more than 14-17 points and put 3 TD's plus on the board. Would be a great season to come away with the SEC Championship. Auburn will probably get revenge from 1997. Believe that was Peyton's final year and the Vols came back after being down by 3 TD's. :good: :thumbsup:

We have a good of a chance as anyone!!!!!!! What we need is our defense to show up like they did when we played UGA!!!!!!!! They stayed of fire the "WHOLE GAME", which is something they usually dont do!!!! I think Auburn will not bring it all because they think we will be a push over. Mostly with our 3rd QB!!! Im looking for a fight!!!!!!!!!!! :bash:

remember the blocked feild goal in Southbend? anything can happen but UT will have their jocks strapped on tight on both sides of the ball to win it....if they play like they did Sat it will be a slaughter

VN Store

Back