Tennessee-Vanderbilt Preview / Game thread

Was the technical foul really for just the hip check or was there more to it? That did not look like a flagrant foul to me, no worse than than a hip check on a pick

Was the technical foul really for just the hip check or was there more to it? That did not look like a flagrant foul to me, no worse than than a hip check on a pick

the AP is saying in their story. I can't find anything else on it. One of a handful of really pathetic calls.

The ref signaled early on that it was an elbow that Strickland gave. Someone in this thread asked the scorers table and it was not explained to them why it was a tech. Just another one of Mike Saliva's finest officials.

They shorted us 2 points. Angie hit a shot when it was 50-51 and we never got credited.

I saw the same thing. I think they gave us 4 pts on the prior shot, so they were catching up. Right before her shot, the announcers even said "It's a 1 pt game".

I always like a win in that freaky gym. If our post players knew how to post up better, they could make a living down on the low block.

I still feel like we waited until the last minute to show up for this game. I'm glad we managed the win, but they didn't really start playing up to their potential until late in the second half. Pat keeps saying this team needs to decide if they're going to be a 40 minute team, and the resounding answer again and again is "no." I hope we can pull it together and play consistently against LSU and post-season.

I always like a win in that freaky gym. If our post players knew how to post up better, they could make a living down on the low block.

I don't think the issue is our posts being able to post up so much as it is our guards knowing when and where to make the entry pass.

That T should have gone to the Vandy coach. The ref was arguing back and forth with their coach and wasn't even looking at Stricklen when he tee'd her up.

VN Store

Back