Two bits, four bits
Six bits, a buck
Alabama stinks, and Florida sucks

Two bits, four bits
Six bits, a single
Dan Mullen’s wife is ready to mingle!

Two bits, four bits
Six bits, a peach
Warm coors lights are twelve bucks each?

Two bits, four bits
Six bits, a peso
Don’t be falling for Barb Jones’s queso

Reactions: ATC_VOL and Jax_Vol
I grew up hearing “it’s great to be a Tennessee vol” as well as “two bits, four bits...”

Then I realized that “it’s great to be a Florida gator” is painted on the wall at Ben Hill Griffin, and they do “mr. two bits” before games.

My question is: where did these sayings originate and do we have any that are uniquely ours?

I don’t know if we have anything of this nature, but I think we are leaving a lot on the table by not having a chant that has something to do with the maxims: “Put on More Steam” has always stuck out to me.

Reactions: BlackLabelVols
"It's great to be a Tennessee Vol" is one of the more underwhelming "chants" out there. Probably has something to do with not sniffing an SEC title in a decade, but, still -- pretty uninspiring. Always feels forced. And everyone does it, so it's not unique at all. Most chants aren't though. I think I broke a family member's heart when I told her the "We don't give a damn for the whole state of Alabama" was not unique to Tennessee either, and done by a lot of schools to insult Michigan (Ohio State in particular adopting it full time). "It's awkward because Alabama has four syllables but ideally it should have three - which is why saying Michigan fits better." Sigh. Hated telling them that but. And I doubt Michigan's the only other victim.

Florida claims that one of their fans came up with the two bits chant. No idea if that's actually true or just their attempt to lay claim to it.

I suppose that "V-O-L-S Go Vols Go" chant thing is ours. Still a bit awkward but better than the others, in my opinion at least. Never heard that one anywhere else.

As long as I never have to hear "Smokey's on the prowl," I can be okay with most of what goes on though. A long while back, I and some friends of mine suddenly kicked up the "Two bits, four bits, Smokey's on the prowl" thing. Totally just to troll everyone around us a little, mainly. Anyway, the folks in front of us turned around, sort of half-glaring, and said "we don't do that cheer in this section."
You sound delightful. I pray I never sit by you at a game. Or I'd enjoy it so I could annoy the hell out of you.

Reactions: Popcorn
"2 Bits" sucks....It's a UF thing. I also wont drink Gatorade. I've always been disappointed that Manning is a spokesman for that crap.

You sound delightful. I pray I never sit by you at a game. Or I'd enjoy it so I could annoy the hell out of you.

i am delightful. I don't know why you want to annoy the hell out of me, though. That's a strangely hostile response to my comment. But, short of being an annoyingly hammered Auburn fan yelling Cadillac at me and everyone else for four hours, or a Bammer, I doubt you'd get very far. Oh, or a pack of piss drunk LSU fans yelling L-S-U all the way out of the Georgia Dome and down the stairs and back to the same damn parking lot across the street. Oh well. Whatever.

The VOLS chant done before kickoff gives me goosebumps when it's done right. When you can hear the anger, passion and just the pure noise in it. Unfortunately it's not always done right

VN Store

Back