Tennessee to play in Liberty Bowl vs WVU [UT confirmed]

Self imposed bowl ban
I've yet to hear what the violations were, but most seem to think they're not going to be a death blow to Pruitt. As such, I think a self imposed bowl ban and a couple of scholarships this year would be appropriate.

CBS now showing Liberty Bowl.
What a joke but whatever. Can’t embarrass ourselves any worse I guess. The Liberty Bowl obviously has no shame. I live here and wouldn’t go if you gave me a ticket. Probably won’t matter. Shelby County shutting down for two weeks and, if the game is played, fans probably won’t be allowed. The two questions I have are how many players opt out and how many coaches will be left to do the job?

I dont see much of a draw to spend time in the lovely Memphis area and they can go to Nashville on their own dime and have more fun.

It would be interesting to see if the team said nah...we are good.

Especially when social distancing will be enforced with Gestapo-like vigor by the college administrators.

Reactions: JonGrudensAgent
You guys are gonna beat us down. It won’t be like 2 years ago. You guys might be hot garbage like we are. But you still have a pretty decent SEC defense and our offense is horrible. We have one good running back and that’s Leddie Brown. I love wvu but I’m not delusional. We might keep it close but our offense is just trash.

You guys are gonna beat us down. It won’t be like 2 years ago. You guys might be hot garbage like we are. But you still have a pretty decent SEC defense and our offense is horrible. We have one good running back and that’s Leddie Brown. I love wvu but I’m not delusional. We might keep it close but our offense is just trash.

You clearly haven’t watched any Tennessee football this year.

It doesn't matter what I say on here. I mostly will be called out for misspelling. Which piss me off when talking football. Hey guys we need to play this game. We need all the reps we can get before next year. We will have more practice before bowl game. Hey we need this. I hope we accept.

Reactions: 901 Orange
Given all the teams opting out of playing in a bowl, making a bowl this year means almost nothing.

Reactions: JPL
Wow, you guys must really be bad.....

Reactions: 901 Orange
It doesn't matter what I say on here. I mostly will be called out for misspelling. Which piss me off when talking football. Hey guys we need to play this game. We need all the reps we can get before next year. We will have more practice before bowl game. Hey we need this. I hope we accept.
Depends on who is running practice.....

Reactions: vol1981
What a joke but whatever. Can’t embarrass ourselves any worse I guess. The Liberty Bowl obviously has no shame. I live here and wouldn’t go if you gave me a ticket. Probably won’t matter. Shelby County shutting down for two weeks and, if the game is played, fans probably won’t be allowed. The two questions I have are how many players opt out and how many coaches will be left to do the job?
From what I've been reading, the only ones that would be getting embarrassed (if we were to lose) is the fans or a few on this board. I say let the players decide. If they want to play then by all means play.
It's all about these kids playing football anyway!!

Needs more golf clap.

GettyImages-56278072-e1582230028901.jpg

Hope them boys are ready to work like heck

Does Pruitt have a bowl appearance Incentive?

> Winning the national title: $1.5 million ($500,000)
> Appearing in the College Football Playoff National Championship Game: $1.2 million ($400,000)
> Reaching the College Football Playoff: $800,000 ($300,000)
> Playing in a New Year's Six bowl game: $400,000 ($200,000)
> Playing in a bowl game: $200,000 ($100,000)

VN Store

Back