Tennessee Tight End Jacob Warren

I have been away for business all week after taking my Sunday of frustration away from here...

But has anyone discussed the REAL injustice... Why was holding called 15 yards behind the previous play?
I never got a good look at that one.

I never got a good look at that one.
If there was a hold then it was 15 yards behind the play when the flag was thrown. But that's NOT a situation where you call a ticky-tack holding call. They sure weren't calling them on OM's WR's.

I would LOVE to know what the staff sent to the SEC on those officials.

I honestly could not tell from any of the TV angles whether Warren made it or not. It was close. The spot WAS bad but I'm not sure a good spot would have given UT a 1st Down. But it wouldn't have come to that without that phantom holding call.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
If there was a hold then it was 15 yards behind the play when the flag was thrown. But that's NOT a situation where you call a ticky-tack holding call. They sure weren't calling them on OM's WR's.

I would LOVE to know what the staff sent to the SEC on those officials.

I honestly could not tell from any of the TV angles whether Warren made it or not. It was close. The spot WAS bad but I'm not sure a good spot would have given UT a 1st Down. But it wouldn't have come to that without that phantom holding call.
Here’s a picture of the hold. Wright has his arm wrapped around the Ole Miss player. As Hooker runs by, the ref has already pulled out the flag and is starting to throw it. It wasn’t 15 yards behind the play. However, I doubt the OM player could have gotten to Hooker.

DB682361-48E9-4295-93B3-B84A149871AE.jpeg

Reactions: sjt18
Here’s a picture of the hold. Wright has his arm wrapped around the Ole Miss player. As Hooker runs by, the ref has already pulled out the flag and is starting to throw it. It wasn’t 15 yards behind the play. However, I doubt the OM player could have gotten to Hooker.

View attachment 405347
Thanks. I guess that official saw that hold right through the body of the defender whose hand was in the UT player's helmet? I'm even less sure that should have been called now. It looks like the defender is rolling out of a block.

Reactions: BlinghamptonVol
Thanks. I guess that official saw that hold right through the body of the defender whose hand was in the UT player's helmet? I'm even less sure that should have been called now. It looks like the defender is rolling out of a block.
Well they say that there is holding on every play - looks like two holds and a hand to the face - so should have been offsetting penalties ….

VN Store

Back