Tennessee Tech

Roberts taken in the 4th round.
Shocked he went before Moths

I told you guys yesterday this kid earned a huge payday with his performance against Ole Miss. He is the highest drafted player ever by Tech now ahead of current Oriole pitcher David Hess and former Mariner closer Stephen Pryor both went in round 5.

I think Moths will still end up in the top 10 rounds.

Tech with 7 players drafted this year and it’s blowing my mind that they didn’t have 8. OVC player of the Year, consensus All-American, Golden Spikes + Dick Howser Award semi finalist who led the nation in hits Kevin Stroshein somehow did not get drafted.

Tech with 7 players drafted this year and it’s blowing my mind that they didn’t have 8. OVC player of the Year, consensus All-American, Golden Spikes + Dick Howser Award semi finalist who led the nation in hits Kevin Stroshein somehow did not get drafted.

He's hurt

I understand that but do you not even take the chance on him? Even though he has been hurt I’d figure his offensive production would at least warrant taking him as a late rounder.

A lot of teams don't take juniors unless they feel they are likely to make the big leagues AND have their medicals in place and ready to go. Not nearly as many chances taken on juniors as most people
Think. Same kind of thing with will neeley

Wind blowing out

Great hitter on deck whom is the tying run and tech decides to steal down 4-1

Dumb dumb dumb

Not really but I think it's a bad fit. That's a pitching small ball park.

He will have to change his recruiting profile a bit being in Texas at a school with a much more storied baseball program and tougher conference. If he can do that and develop kids in the same manner he has done the past decade at Tech he will be successful.

He will now have a budget to actually hire assistant coaches! Most of his assistants worked for pennies. Made most of their money at summer camps. The recruiting budget at Rice will be more than his entire budget at TTU. I can only imagine what he will do with those resources. And there will be enough players in Texas that he won’t have to go far for talent. And if you haven’t noticed he kind of likes small parks...come visit the Quill.

VN Store

Back