Tennessee TE Jackson Lowe has entered the transfer portal

I know there was a numbers problem earlier this summer. Does anyone know the count now? Several have parted ways.

Wonder if he was slipping down the depth chart? Or grades? Wish him all the best and good luck. Sad it didn't work out.

There had been a few rumblings that there wasn't a lot of confidence from the coaches that he would ever be a contributor. Just goes to show that no coach bats 1.000 on their recruit evaluations.

There had been a few rumblings that there wasn't a lot of confidence from the coaches that he would ever be a contributor. Just goes to show that no coach bats 1.000 on their recruit evaluations.
4 star right? Never heard him mentioned much after recruiting and commitment.

He was a redshirt freshman who had spent some time bulking up. Had shown good hands. What else were you expecting at this point?
Never heard much about him and even made an inquiry or two about him on VN. I guess I was expecting a 4 star to make a contribution to the team in his UT career and not enter the transfer portal. Hoping anyway.

Never heard much about him and even made an inquiry or two about him on VN. I guess I was expecting a 4 star to make a contribution to the team in his UT career and not enter the transfer portal. Hoping anyway.

A Georgia boy and former teammate of Trevor Lawrence.

Good luck to him.

As long as he leaves the SEC and doesn't come back to haunt us somewhere down the road.

Chaney in a presser back in Aug was asked about the TE's....Chaney talked about several and that there was good competition in the TE room...I never heard him mention Lowe.

Well...... there goes my pick at TE to emerge. He showed some soft hands in the spring game last year and thought he just needed blocking skills.
Same here. I suspected that he'd receive regular playing time this fall and maybe even work his way into the starting lineup. Guess I was wrong! Best of luck to him.

Same here. I suspected that he'd receive regular playing time this fall and maybe even work his way into the starting lineup. Guess I was wrong! Best of luck to him.
I had high hopes the moment he caught that pass over the middle of the spring game. It wasn’t the fact that he caught it but the WAY he caught it that opened my eyes. Full speed, across the middle, hands catch. Of course he ended up fumbling and killed the drive but I seen a lot of potential in that one play.

VN Store

Back