Tennessee spring practice updates 4.11.19

Hhhmmm Crouch struggling ... hey where are all those frosh AA supporters that say he starts from day 1 .. that commented how stupid I was to make comments on how he is a 2nd year contributor once he learns the position ... huh .. where are ya ..
Did I miss football season or is it still spring practice? You may end up right but you still have another few months before you can puff your echest out there. I wasn’t one of those people by the way I just think it’s funny how desperate people are to “ prove” others wrong before they are even right. It’s why journalism is a complete joke these days.

Crouch was billed as a five star only to be reduced to a four star following injury. The lateral movement comment seems to reinforce that rating. I stand by my original statement
It’s way, way too early to be making any definitive statements about how Crouch is gonna be here and about the collective judgments the fanbase may make about him. He has the tools to be an outstanding player here, let’s see how it plays out. But if 4-5 years go by and the kid really hasn’t scratched, don’t be surprised if you hear that 4-letter word....bust. Until then, let’s hope he’s an all-SEC, All-American type player.

How many people are going slink off into VN purgatory if Trey Smith plays a down or two in the spring game? Or will some of our resident shade tree medicos stall and await him running through the T this fall? Posted full well understanding I have zero information on his condition one way or the other. I just know neither Trey nor Pruitt would be putting forth the effort in futility he has this spring without expecting him being able to play.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
I really want him there. I think his size and speed is what we need there but I also don't mind a good pass rusher.
He runs a 4.7. That’s reasonably fast for an OLB...not RB. Does have that size. I think he’d just be a big target coming out of the backfield. And if he’s having trouble changing directions? Not exactly a boon on offense either. JMO

How many people are going slink off into VN purgatory if Trey Smith plays a down or two in the spring game? Or will some of our resident shade tree medicos stall and await him running through the T this fall? Posted full well understanding I have zero information on his condition one way or the other. I just know neither Trey nor Pruitt would be putting forth the effort in futility he has this spring without expecting him being able to play.

Any Vol fan would be delighted if he beats this condition. Anyone with personal experience with said condition, would also consider it borderline miraculous.

Crouch looked very lazy in those drills. Plays really high as well.
i'm not overly concerned. it's a lot to learn...and he didn't play 95% of SR. year due that injury. it is going to take the whole off season to get back in to football shape.

now, if we're still hearing the same things by the end of fall camp, i might start worrying.

but still, he's a true freshman. it's not an indication he's a bust or anything (i know you didn't say that).

now JJP, i've been one to defend him up to this point. but at some point, he needs to be a healthy contributor to this defense. it sucks, but we need to be able to count on that kid....sooner than later. much like Crouch, i think summer and fall for him is HUGE...to get healthy and be able to actually practice cause he's picked up the defense.

LSS, at this poitn, id say im more concerned about JJP than i am Crouch. both still really really young....both have plenty of time.

Any Vol fan would be delighted if he beats this condition. Anyone with personal experience with said condition, would also consider it borderline miraculous.
it is encouraging to still hear of his participation this spring. keeps hope alive. the realist in me, agrees though. you can't play with clots in the lungs...

it is encouraging to still hear of his participation this spring. keeps hope alive. the realist in me, agrees though. you can't play with clots in the lungs...
Him merely donning helmet and pads and doing light contact, approaches the water-to-wine thing...that I’ll admit.

Did I miss football season or is it still spring practice? You may end up right but you still have another few months before you can puff your echest out there. I wasn’t one of those people by the way I just think it’s funny how desperate people are to “ prove” others wrong before they are even right. It’s why journalism is a complete joke these days.
I think it's funny how some want to anoint these young men who are just starting a new chapter in life with pressures and homesickness and such .. the greatest ever and quotes like " will start from game one " .. come on let the coaches coach and kids progress .. if they ready to play they will .. but quit jumping to conclusions based on hudl highlights ... Couch is a specimen.. but he is learning that's why he is playing slow .. he's thinking.. when it becomes 2nd nature then he will produce . He has all the tools ...

Wonder if they think they might need to use Jennings at qb if Jarrett goes down. He's thrown more college passes than shrout or Maurer anyway lol.

He'll be wildcat. He'll throw to the QB like was done with Dobbs. He'll fake throws and run the ball. He'll pass the ball, run down the field and catch it for a TD.

It’s way, way too early to be making any definitive statements about how Crouch is gonna be here and about the collective judgments the fanbase may make about him. He has the tools to be an outstanding player here, let’s see how it plays out. But if 4-5 years go by and the kid really hasn’t scratched, don’t be surprised if you hear that 4-letter word....bust. Until then, let’s hope he’s an all-SEC, All-American type player.
I sincerely hope he balls out. Not just him but every single player on the team. It is way too early to tell.

i'm not overly concerned. it's a lot to learn...and he didn't play 95% of SR. year due that injury. it is going to take the whole off season to get back in to football shape.

now, if we're still hearing the same things by the end of fall camp, i might start worrying.

but still, he's a true freshman. it's not an indication he's a bust or anything (i know you didn't say that).

now JJP, i've been one to defend him up to this point. but at some point, he needs to be a healthy contributor to this defense. it sucks, but we need to be able to count on that kid....sooner than later. much like Crouch, i think summer and fall for him is HUGE...to get healthy and be able to actually practice cause he's picked up the defense.

LSS, at this poitn, id say im more concerned about JJP than i am Crouch. both still really really young....both have plenty of time.

Agreed completely. Crouch has a lot to learn. He will learn it. (I’m thinking he might be a little banged up)

JJP just needs to get healthy. The kid has everything physically to be good, especially if he puts on more muscle now that he slimmed down. He is quick and has good hands. Just need him to be healthy. (He is a Redshirt Freshman so he has plenty of growing to do as well, and with this staff I think he will be fine)

Agreed completely. Crouch has a lot to learn. He will learn it. (I’m thinking he might be a little banged up)

JJP just needs to get healthy. The kid has everything physically to be good, especially if he puts on more muscle now that he slimmed down. He is quick and has good hands. Just need him to be healthy. (He is a Redshirt Freshman so he has plenty of growing to do as well, and with this staff I think he will be fine)

Is he injured to the point he can't even watch practice? That's concerning in itself.

My main concern however is his 'give a damn' might be busted.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
I think it's funny how some want to anoint these young men who are just starting a new chapter in life with pressures and homesickness and such .. the greatest ever and quotes like " will start from game one " .. come on let the coaches coach and kids progress .. if they ready to play they will .. but quit jumping to conclusions based on hudl highlights ... Couch is a specimen.. but he is learning that's why he is playing slow .. he's thinking.. when it becomes 2nd nature then he will produce . He has all the tools ...

I think it's funny how bothered you are about it. Some folks on a message board are excited about a talented player, a little more than you think they should be and you act like they said we're going to go undefeated and win the National Championship this year.

And.... Nobody is right are wrong yet and you're claiming victory. Now that's funny.

Reactions: chargervol
Where has he been the past couple of practices?

Inquiring minds want to know. I'm hoping he was accepting citizenship awards from both the city and county (hence the two missing days) . That's about the only good spin I can think of.

Inquiring minds want to know. I'm hoping he was accepting citizenship awards from both the city and county (hence the two missing days) . That's about the only good spin I can think of.
Haha, I'm just trying to figure out who knows what and who believes who. Reporters say Peterson hasn't been to practice a couple of times. Sherrer says he's having a good spring practice. VN says he's done, won't ever play another game at TENNESSEE.

Similar situation with Crouch. A race to be the first one who's right.

He runs a 4.7. That’s reasonably fast for an OLB...not RB. Does have that size. I think he’d just be a big target coming out of the backfield. And if he’s having trouble changing directions? Not exactly a boon on offense either. JMO

Imo, I think he may run faster than that but I could be wrong. He doesn't have to be Fournette or a Henry to be a successful RB. We've severely lacked any momentum on 3rd and short or at the goal line since about GRjr right? So I'll take him there gladly

Won't be me to be first one right Behr. I'm more of a Sgt Schultz sort of guy.
Same here. It's important to some though.

th

Reactions: Seattle Hillbilly

VN Store

Back