Tennessee Softball

I watched both of those Arkansas games—they were brutal. Like they’d completely checked out.

LSU is struggling offensively against Monmouth.
Yes I watched the first one and they kicked the ball more than they hit it. I really though they would win a few games.

A lot of elite pitchers get rattled if they are hit early in a game. It happened a lot with Monica when we had her.

I remember watching when Monica was playing. I was 10 or 12 maybe? She made me a UT fan. I have remained a fan because of the classy women who come to UT—Raven Chavanne, Lauren Gibson, Meghan Gregg, Aubrey. Anyway, I wasn’t nearly as big a fan as I am today. I guess I was preoccupied in various ways. I didn’t watch really watch until the WCWS came on. Now that I’m older and look back and realize what caliber player she really is, I wonder why we didn’t win a national championship with her. Can you shed some light or your opinion?

Reactions: sccshortstop
Hey Guys and Gals, We had a game thread for this game, maybe tomorrow we can all be on same page. Hitting much better, pitching great! GO LADY VOLS!!!🙂

There's a NEW game THREAD made just for the Ohio State softball game today >>>> check it out ya'll.
Feel free to post all you'd like in the NEW Thread. :):)

I remember watching when Monica was playing. I was 10 or 12 maybe? She made me a UT fan. I have remained a fan because of the classy women who come to UT—Raven Chavanne, Lauren Gibson, Meghan Gregg, Aubrey. Anyway, I wasn’t nearly as big a fan as I am today. I guess I was preoccupied in various ways. I didn’t watch really watch until the WCWS came on. Now that I’m older and look back and realize what caliber player she really is, I wonder why we didn’t win a national championship with her. Can you shed some light or your opinion?
I watched Monica as well and remember when she committed and stated she was going to start a championship run for us. She opened up the pipeline to Calif and we have done well ever since, No championship but done well. She did not win one because we have never recruited enough good hitters and power hitters in particular. Not then and not now. JMHO as always!!

I watched Monica as well and remember when she committed and stated she was going to start a championship run for us. She opened up the pipeline to Calif and we have done well ever since, No championship but done well. She did not win one because we have never recruited enough good hitters and power hitters in particular. Not then and not now. JMHO as always!!
The simple answer is lack of offense and it is still a softball tragedy that Monica did not get a championship and some fell short in the moment. But, to be fair at that point the west coast teams really dominated and had most of the best players. Ralph and Karen did move us onto the national stage where we have stayed not as high as we would like sometimes but no program at Ut in the last 10 years has kept as high a standard as the softball program.

VN Store

Back