Tennessee Softball

Last ten games record is 7 and 3 but it has been some really terrible hitting by several players on the team. I know a lot of them draw walks and have good obp stats but actual hitting is really at a low right now.

Parson 6 for 11 .545 She just got in the lineup last six or seven games has been doing the job.
Holcomb 11 for 34 .324 this is acceptable but below her lifetime average at Tennessee
Leach 6 of 21 .286 not hitting well but does get on base by walking quite a bit expect she will break out hitting again soon
Bearden 9 of 29 .310 this is great for her if she can just keep this up not at all bad.
Seggern 6 for 25 .240 not doing much at all this is one batter that has to come around she is usually batting third or fourth needs to get those runners home.
Morgan 3 for 23 .130 not doing anything after a great start to the season not hitting at all
Ayala 2 for 18 .111 not doing anything as well don't know what happened but she is swinging at all kinds of bad pitches.
Hannon 3 for 23 .136 Hannon is not hitting either after hitting around .400 she is in a really terrible stretch at the plate
Osbron 3 for 15 .200 Started out strong now not hitting at all
Phillips 4 for 26 .153 Phillips has disappeared she has drawn some crucial walks but her hitting has tanked.

7 and 3 was really excellent considering the poor hitting the key for us is getting several of these hitters going again.

UT's SEC hitting is mediocre for 3 years in a row now. Current team average in SEC games is .261. Last year it was .261. In 2017 it was .260. However, in the years before those 3 it was substantially higher. Many of those years it was over .300. We just do not have as good a hitting team now. Gregg, Gaffin, Vines, Aldrete, Shipman, Gibson, Chavanne, Dotson, Huff, Callahan, Chiles, Schutlzler, Durant, Fekete, etc. Holy crap we had some good hitting teams. We were spoiled for a long time. Hopefully this freshman class will improve with experience and we will add some thumpers in future classes and get back to those kind of teams.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
UT's SEC hitting is mediocre for 3 years in a row now. Current team average in SEC games is .261. Last year it was .261. In 2017 it was .260. However, in the years before those 3 it was substantially higher. Many of those years it was over .300. We just do not have as good a hitting team now. Gregg, Gaffin, Vines, Aldrete, Shipman, Gibson, Chavanne, Dotson, Huff, Callahan, Chiles, Schutlzler, Durant, Fekete, etc. Holy crap we had some good hitting teams. We were spoiled for a long time. Hopefully this freshman class will improve with experience and we will add some thumpers in future classes and get back to those kind of teams.
The next class coming in plus improvement in the second year by this class should help raise that average a little. Some people that should be better this season are not getting it done. Milloy and Webber will take two of the starting spots. Phillips looks like a good hitter just hasn't done much in last ten games hoping she will get it back. Morgan, Ayala, and Hannon are the big disappointments they have been through the SEC before and had an off season to get a lot better and looked good early before all three collapsed at the plate.

Reactions: sccshortstop
Last ten games record is 7 and 3 but it has been some really terrible hitting by several players on the team. I know a lot of them draw walks and have good obp stats but actual hitting is really at a low right now.

Parson 6 for 11 .545 She just got in the lineup last six or seven games has been doing the job.
Holcomb 11 for 34 .324 this is acceptable but below her lifetime average at Tennessee
Leach 6 of 21 .286 not hitting well but does get on base by walking quite a bit expect she will break out hitting again soon
Bearden 9 of 29 .310 this is great for her if she can just keep this up not at all bad.
Seggern 6 for 25 .240 not doing much at all this is one batter that has to come around she is usually batting third or fourth needs to get those runners home.
Morgan 3 for 23 .130 not doing anything after a great start to the season not hitting at all
Ayala 2 for 18 .111 not doing anything as well don't know what happened but she is swinging at all kinds of bad pitches.
Hannon 3 for 23 .136 Hannon is not hitting either after hitting around .400 she is in a really terrible stretch at the plate
Osbron 3 for 15 .200 Started out strong now not hitting at all
Phillips 4 for 26 .153 Phillips has disappeared she has drawn some crucial walks but her hitting has tanked.

7 and 3 was really excellent considering the poor hitting the key for us is getting several of these hitters going again.
This as bad as I’ve seen Leach hit her whole career. How can we be 7 and 3? Rogers is the majority reason.

Reactions: VOL_Lyfe
North Carolina who we beat earlier 2-0 just won the series with FSu #3 ranked .

Alabama just finished the sweep of the leg hunching butt sniffers !

Reactions: kregman
This as bad as I’ve seen Leach hit her whole career. How can we be 7 and 3? Rogers is the majority reason.
Leach would not say so but I think this constant moving players around like they have her as well as moving to 3rd rather than leadoff has hurt her. I have seen this many time where not ever knowing what where or when causes a loss of concentration !!

Ayala, Seggern and Morgan have completely disappeared.
And you know we do not pitch well enough across the board to have two starters who are upper classmen not hit! Chelsea and Ashley are great defensively but need to hit. I really though at the start of the year CS would be our next AA but not this year and may never!

We should hit well against ETSU their best pitcher has almost a 4 era against competition unlike the SEC. We have a great shot at winning the league, but unlike Alabama we'll probably lose at Georgia. I think we need about a 7 and 2 SEC finish to have a real great chance at first place. Bama has four losses but six of their remaining games are Florida and LSU

We should hit well against ETSU their best pitcher has almost a 4 era against competition unlike the SEC. We have a great shot at winning the league, but unlike Alabama we'll probably lose at Georgia. I think we need about a 7 and 2 SEC finish to have a real great chance at first place. Bama has four losses but six of their remaining games are Florida and LSU
Would not surprise me for us to only win one game unless we hit the ball and pitch. Maybe by then the real lineup with be set! LOL!!!

I live in the area ETSU will come out for blood and a sellout is something they never see so we better come out ready to play. They have some hitters I know from high school ball but do not follow them other than the newspaper write ups. Will be there front row so Go Vols!!

VN Store

Back