Tennessee Softball

Well we finally swept an SEC team but it was a poor MsState team certainly defensively and pitching wise... Next series with the Georgia leg humper and butt sniffers will not be near as easy ! Our hitting has been anemic and our pitching other than Ashley has been suspect as well. If CA don't come back from the casper the ghost syndrome and Matty is just matty …. we will be lucky to win the series!!! I wish that the Ralph would leave the position players alone but we know he will tinker here and there with great regularity. JMHO as always!

After the first game I’m not sure we won that series as much as we got out of the way and let State lose it. We didn’t have much offense punch but did a lot of small things right which kept adding to the score. Don’t know if this series helped or hurt our rpi although the committee doesn’t seem to follow it as much as other sports. I knew it would be it but Ally was a big hit for our hitting and further encouraged musical chairs with the lineup. Go Vols!!

I know one was a caught fly ball and a runner picked off back to first for a double play........ and the other a player hit ball (she thought was off her foot) and didn’t run to first and we threw out runner advancing to second and the runner at first for a double play....... I can’t remember who we were play against but I remember the double plays.

According to the stats page on UT’s website, the only double plays turned this year were against Mississippi State on April 13: 2019 Softball Cumulative Statistics - University of Tennessee Athletics

Have teams stopped the high fives by the players after the game I noticed not happening in this series. Only the coaches shake hands.

Yes, SEC rule that started last season after the Tim Walton/Haley Fagan incident two years ago. The coaches shake hands after every game, the teams only shake hands at the conclusion of the series.

Reactions: kregman
According to the stats page on UT’s website, the only double plays turned this year were against Mississippi State on April 13: 2019 Softball Cumulative Statistics - University of Tennessee Athletics

Well it’s 4 total and on the SEC stats page it shows 4........ 3 ground out infield double plays and one caught fly ball and runner picked off for double play.

(The third game against Arkansas was a caught fly and runner picked off double play and second game against Auburn we fielded a double play)

Last edited:
Yes, SEC rule that started last season after the Tim Walton/Haley Fagan incident two years ago. The coaches shake hands after every game, the teams only shake hands at the conclusion of the series.
Thanks I like it no need to go through it every game even though it is sad brought around by that unsportsmanlike event.

Reactions: sccshortstop
I guess Studeman was flat outta pitchers yesterday....otherwise why leave in a starter who issued 12 walks and 2 HBPs?

Freak.....I would never question the "Grand Pooh Bah"....but, why don't Lady Vols Softball..have it's own forum????
Asking for a grateful supporter of your techiness!!!!!!
That would be nice, but would he then have to do 3 forums: LVBB, LVSB, LV all others? That may be too much for him to do. Obviously speaking from total ignorance of what is involved; I just enjoy having VN; especially when I visit other sites😱.

VN Store

Back