Tennessee Softball 2024

Someone recently posted the players' SEC hitting stats--and it was instructive. I've noted this before: Where feasible, I'd like to see our programs publish SEC stats in addition to overall stats. Softball, baseball, and basketball all play a lot of non-conference games. Soccer plays a few as well. A lot of players perform well against weak, or relatively weak, OOC opponents and not so well against SEC foes--but it may not be apparent who's struggling in conference games because the player's overall/total stats look respectable or good. Maybe the coaches keep a separate set of SEC stats--but it would be nice if we fans could see them. Conference stats would reveal who's performing in big games and who's got to ratchet up their play in the games that count the most.
Knock yourself out; lol

Someone recently posted the players' SEC hitting stats--and it was instructive. I've noted this before: Where feasible, I'd like to see our programs publish SEC stats in addition to overall stats. Softball, baseball, and basketball all play a lot of non-conference games. Soccer plays a few as well. A lot of players perform well against weak, or relatively weak, OOC opponents and not so well against SEC foes--but it may not be apparent who's struggling in conference games because the player's overall/total stats look respectable or good. Maybe the coaches keep a separate set of SEC stats--but it would be nice if we fans could see them. Conference stats would reveal who's performing in big games and who's got to ratchet up their play in the games that count the most.
They're posted on the website in every sport already.

Orsini sec era 3.71 5.2 innings batting average against .280

White sec era 7.00 1.0 innings batting average against .500

And you want them pitching against SEC teams? Shudder

Reactions: volinjax
This weekend in the SEC

South Carolina at Florida
LSU at Tennessee
Missouri at Georgia
Alabama at Arkansas
Ole Miss at Texas A&M
Kentucky at Auburn

Florida 3-0 wins over SC
Tennessee needs 3 wins 2-1 UT at worst
Georgia 2-1 over Missouri
Arkansas 2-1 over Bama
Texas A&M 3-0 over Ole Miss
Kentucky/Auburn series is a toss-up

I was looking over incoming recruiting class and noticed some things.

Incoming SEC recruiting numbers:
2 new teams
94 new Freshmen signed

6 SEC teams ranked in Extra Innings Top 25 Recruiting Team Rankings

11 SEC teams ranked in Extra Innings Top 25 Recruiting Team Rankings with lowest ranking #18 Alabama.

Teams not ranked Kentucky, Missouri, Ole Miss and Texas

This weekend in the SEC

South Carolina at Florida
LSU at Tennessee
Missouri at Georgia
Alabama at Arkansas
Ole Miss at Texas A&M
Kentucky at Auburn

Florida 3-0 wins over SC
Tennessee needs 3 wins 2-1 UT at worst
Georgia 2-1 over Missouri
Arkansas 2-1 over Bama
Texas A&M 3-0 over Ole Miss
Kentucky/Auburn series is a toss-up
I think SC could take one from florida. For the most part their pitching is great, but they are young and could have an off game. SC had a pitcher or two that kept our offense at bay. I think Missouri could easily take 2 over georgia

Reactions: volfan__18
I think SC could take one from florida. For the most part their pitching is great, but they are young and could have an off game. SC had a pitcher or two that kept our offense at bay. I think Missouri could easily take 2 over georgia
I can buy Misery over Dawgbutts but with the series in Gainesville don't see SC winning any there.

Reactions: anecwnrjcns12
I can buy Misery over Dawgbutts but with the series in Gainesville don't see SC winning any there.
Valid take, but if this weekend across the country proved anything it’s that anyone can win. Who would’ve thought Mizz would take 2 from Florida, Auburn takes 2 from LSU, Iowa State takes 2 from OSU, even OU lost against BYU at home which was the most shocking to me.

Reactions: volinjax
What we have learned is go with your big guns til you can't. Midweek games different story though we had very few lately.
Midweeks late in the year make no sense, glad UT started scheduling that way. They only hurt the RPI this time of year. Or, as Duke and Florida saw last week, break your momentum at an important time.

Didn't realize A&M already had 6 conf losses and since we don't play them in a series looks like if our LV's can just take 2-3 of the last 3 series they can wrap it up. Don't see anyone winning out the rest of the way. 2 rotation pitching staff held up this long, just push thru it now.

Didn't realize A&M already had 6 conf losses and since we don't play them in a series looks like if our LV's can just take 2-3 of the last 3 series they can wrap it up. Don't see anyone winning out the rest of the way. 2 rotation pitching staff held up this long, just push thru it now.
Sets up nicely for Tennessee to wrap it up in Tuscaloosa next weekend heading into KY weekend. They just have to take care of this weekend series first.

Sets up nicely for Tennessee to wrap it up in Tuscaloosa next weekend heading into KY weekend. They just have to take care of this weekend series first.

Agree and living in Tideland that scenario would be the best way it could happen for me. LSU won't be easy. Hope Pickens is back in form.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back