Tennessee Softball 2023

Great weekend for the Lady Vols. Dominated the opponents. Hopefully it carries over to next weekend vs the fake UT.
I’m glad Karen put KP in tonight. She’s still clearly struggling but Karen putting her trust in KP to end the game sends a positive message to the young lady. She’s going to have to really work in the off-season but I am confident she’ll do that and come back a lot better. It’s obvious her teammates love her and want to see her thrive on this team.

I’m shocked only three SEC teams are advancing to Supers next weekend. But it just goes to show you anything can happen. The ladies need to stay focused and take it one game at a time.

As always, Go Lady Vols
The Lady Vols fanbase absolutely adores Pickens. I was at the game and the whole UT crowd was absolutely yelling & pulling for Pickens. The girl is loved tremendously.

Not agreeing or disagreeing, but just curious what makes you think so. Did you see something in Gottshall and/or Rogers this weekend that worried you? I have to admit I was a little spooked today by all the baserunners the Hoosiers were getting on during Payton's appearance. She and the team did great to get out of those jams, but still ...
Nothing against Ashley or Payton but things don’t always go as planned (hopefully we roll right to the championship) sometimes someone other than the studs have to step up never know when that time will come.

Nothing against Ashley or Payton but things don’t always go as planned (hopefully we roll right to the championship) sometimes someone other than the studs have to step up never know when that time will come.
Definitely. I just wondered if you knew something that wasn't public knowledge yet. I have to hope we don't "need" her. I also hope we can score enough runs early on to be able to afford to give her some work and she crushes it, but we can all likely agree we never want to need a freshman pitcher to succeed in the post-season -- unless that pitcher is Monica Abbott level. Pickens has already proved she's amazing, so she just needs to give herself a dang break. She needs to empty her head and just throw the ball to the mitt.

Had to miss the 2nd half of the game today, so I missed the 5 run 5th inning, but also the anxiety inducing bottom of 7th inning, so maybe it balanced out. So glad we got it done in one game at the end to win the Regional.

Our team is finding ways to win, and each player can become a hero in any game. So proud of our players and their grit and determination.

Let’s keep it going! On to the Super Regionals!

GO LADY VOLS!!!

Last edited:
Really the PAC went 7-1 against the SEC I believe. Weak showing by the conference this year.

yeah the Pac12 wound up getting more teams into the supers than anyone with four, after McNeese’s collapse of the century. The thing is it really should only be two SEC teams into the supers given Alabama would’ve lost had they had a decent regional draw. UL was on the bubble to host and given that, they probably should’ve been sent to Northwestern, Texas, Clemson, Utah or Georgia, but geography won out and it was to LSU’s expense, who was overseeded themselves. No excuse for them blowing that game at the end especially at home. I do think it was a down year for the conference, in large part due to the struggles of Bama and Florida.

Definitely. I just wondered if you knew something that wasn't public knowledge yet. I have to hope we don't "need" her. I also hope we can score enough runs early on to be able to afford to give her some work and she crushes it, but we can all likely agree we never want to need a freshman pitcher to succeed in the post-season -- unless that pitcher is Monica Abbott level. Pickens has already proved she's amazing, so she just needs to give herself a dang break. She needs to empty her head and just throw the ball to the mitt.
I know nothing. As far as I know from watching and talking to people at the park they are both healthy and ready to go. Be at ease. Payton didn’t start with her best stuff. The one West dropped would have been out if the wind hadn’t been blowing in (we had one that probably got held in the park too), and they were hitting her pretty hard early. Payton being the stud she is worked through it and pitched great in the end. Side note I don’t think anyone at the park was all that upset about West not catching the ball runners only moved up one base and on a normal day that ball was gone.

Last edited:
Didn’t know til watching press conference that Zaida was sick all week and did not practice. Maybe hurt her fielding a little did not hurt her hitting!

It certainly sends a message about the potential power in occasionally stepping away from normal routines, doesn't it? Interesting!

VN Store

Back