Tennessee sits player...

Saban is getting tons of bad publicity on Twitter and even some national media outlets. Maybe if it keeps mounting he will be forced to take action.
Who is in a position to “force” Nick Saban to do anything? The man is as close to a dictator as anyone in America. The University President or Board couldn’t even touch him as long as he is winning.

Saban is getting tons of bad publicity on Twitter and even some national media outlets. Maybe if it keeps mounting he will be forced to take action.
It shouldn't have gotten that far.

He should be ashamed of himself.
He didn't want to discipline his own player at the expense of a "Tennessee fan".

He sent the wrong message letting that dude play last week. I've lost respect for him as a person.

He didn't want to discipline his own player at the expense of a "Tennessee fan".

He sent the wrong message letting that dude play last week. I've lost respect for him as a person.
This shows he is on the verge of losing control of the team IMO. He is afraid of a revolt if he shows any resolve

Saban is wrong and his comments are stupid but the situation with Tank is different b/c it's a legal matter still pending. Some say he's sitting because of his hand, but either way, he hasn't been suspended, he isn't playing due to the legal matter not being closed yet.

Don't see how you had any to begin with, hes always been nothing more than a bully with little man syndrome.

Who is in a position to “force” Nick Saban to do anything? The man is as close to a dictator as anyone in America. The University President or Board couldn’t even touch him as long as he is winning.
What if the young lady filed assault charges? I have no idea if she can since she "jumped the fence" and was on the field, but I would think that would make the situation sticky for them.

What if the young lady filed assault charges? I have no idea if she can since she "jumped the fence" and was on the field, but I would think that would make the situation sticky for them.
Raises all kinds of questions. And I am not a lawyer. But I have a strong suspicion of the way this would go in today’s climate. As soon as she filed charges, Burton would almost certainly claim she said some racial epitaph at him. Of course it would be impossible to prove or disprove. Even if she prevailed in the case, a large number of people would shun her and see her as a racist without evidence. It is the PR equivalent of Mutually Assured Destruction and my guess is the poor girl know that. I don’t see any resolution to this through the legal system unfortunately

Saban has always been that way. He is an egomaniac that cares only about himself. Win at all costs. I still remember the reports of him with the Dolphins stepping over a player convulsing on the floor on his way to his office. When questioned about it he said something along the lines of he felt like he would be most helpful in his office while medical personnel handled the player.

Raises all kinds of questions. And I am not a lawyer. But I have a strong suspicion of the way this would go in today’s climate. As soon as she filed charges, Burton would almost certainly claim she said some racial epitaph at him. Of course it would be impossible to prove or disprove. Even if she prevailed in the case, a large number of people would shun her and see her as a racist without evidence. It is the PR equivalent of Mutually Assured Destruction and my guess is the poor girl know that. I don’t see any resolution to this through the legal system unfortunately
With the noise I would be that can easily be disproven. If that was the case, they would've already made that claim.

VN Store

Back