Tennessee shockwaves through CB

I can't wait to see what Heup can do with next level talent. Time to recruit his ass off
100% agree and I'm so excited about next year. Look at the doing much more with much less approach, then imagine us having much more talent to score that much more, and its gonna be a recruiting paradise!

Reactions: dduncan4163
Valid point, but if you have a team with a solid defense and average offense who goes into a game against us with the mindset of “possessing the ball so TN can’t get it” like Vandy did, then OP’s point about our offense being a “shock wave in college football” will be mute very quickly.

Like UK? Vols have shown they only need 15 minutes of possession to put up 45 points. That’s going to be tough to beat, especially when the D improves. It will improve. This staff has taken sub par talent and worked wonders.

To be more clear, the OP is flat out goofy lol. Air Raid is being run all over the place including half the SEC. while we definitely go faster than most offenses, we’re not doing anything all that innovative.
I like our system better than Leach's. He rarely runs, Heupel just hits you where it hurts. Heup wants to be able to run and pass and do anything that opportunity exposes. Leach is just more wide open passing and short passes to his backs. He does do a great job with quarterbacks and if he has good defenses he can be tough. But I like how we do it better. GBO!!!!

Y'all can bitch and moan, and a 32+ point win would have been nice for me, but fussing about imaginary scenarios and not covering sure as heck beats losing to Vandy. Which, by the way, we've done several times lately.

Enjoy the win and the season.

I don’t know exactly if anyone else has spotted it and what it is that is starting to happen…but this fast style of play is in . The rest of the SEC will have to respond because they will see you are about to see an Arms race in the SEC.
In the near future you are witnessing most likely A dominate Tennessee sec East and a dominant Ole Miss sec west. Same smash mouth sec. Same power… but it’s going to be faster. If teams don’t adjust then they are toast. Mike Leach is the only other SEC coach I see adjusting to it. Why? Because he kinda created it. Get ready.
I'm sure that the fact the Vols beat Vandy has Bama, Georgia, and the rest of the SEC shaking in their boots.

I think a reasonable assessment is that UT currently is what their record says they are: A 7-5 team that went 6-1 against non-Top 25 teams and 1-4 against Top 25 ones.

That makes them the a better version of Pruitt’s 2019 team with the two embarrassing early season losses replaced by close home losses to Ole Miss and Pitt. However the only quality victory this year is a victory at Kentucky.

My guess is that next year’s team will be better. However a Butch Joneish 9-4 is what I‘m expecting but they could go 10-3. Next year’s schedule isn’t insane. Road games at Pitt and three laughable home games (UT-Martin and two mediocre MAC teams). Yes, they play Alabama and Georgia, but it is likely that UF or LSU still won’t have adjusted to new coach yet.

... Yes, they play Alabama and Georgia, but it is likely that UF or LSU still won’t have adjusted to new coach yet.
They could have a melted slice of Kraft cheese for a coach, and we could still have issues with them. They seem to have our number no matter what. So damn frustrating! :mad: GBO!

Reactions: wrharvey21
If we get talent/depth on the DL and linebacker spots, teams aren’t going to run the ball for 10 minutes on us. We have razor thin depth and hardly any SEC talent there. They probably overachieved for what we have this year honestly. But add some dudes up front and ole miss, Pitt, Kentucky are wins/bigger wins.

I don’t know exactly if anyone else has spotted it and what it is that is starting to happen…but this fast style of play is in . The rest of the SEC will have to respond because they will see you are about to see an Arms race in the SEC.
In the near future you are witnessing most likely A dominate Tennessee sec East and a dominant Ole Miss sec west. Same smash mouth sec. Same power… but it’s going to be faster. If teams don’t adjust then they are toast. Mike Leach is the only other SEC coach I see adjusting to it. Why? Because he kinda created it. Get ready.
You serious Clark??

The team that can do both Face Pace and Power is the team that will dominate.

Over 2 decades ago, Alan Greenspan coined a term to describe this post - irrational exuberance.

100% agree and I'm so excited about next year. Look at the doing much more with much less approach, then imagine us having much more talent to score that much more, and its gonna be a recruiting paradise!
Recruiting paradise? It‘s not showing up in this year’s recruiting class.

Reactions: volinvegas
Well Kiffin will jump ship and go to LSU if he gets offered the job. Corral is leaving so he will be without his QB at Ole Miss. One team in the west is on the up ward is Arkansas. Pittman has changed the culture there.

VN Store

Back