Tennessee QB Harrison Bailey enters NCAA transfer portal

I sure do wish nothing but the best for HB. Without delving very deep into all the nuances of his time here I would expect him to land at a quality university and with the right fit he would excel. CLEARLY he has talent and can spin it at an elite level. By all accounts he possesses the IQ to read defenses and make good decisions. Our offense places more importance on the RPO and designed runs for the QB position and HB isn't that prototypical type player. I too sure hope he goes outside the SEC.

Any news on Maurer? A quick google and I didn’t really see anything informative…. Has he moved on yet officially!?

Would it be outlandish for him to come back now? I mean, he is a pretty nice fit for this Offense right?
Please don't take this wrong. I'm not trying to be a smart aleck but I really don't care enough to follow guys much after they leave UT. It's more "that's nice" or "that's sad" if I happen to hear something. I told people repeatedly that I had no horse in the race to be QB. I hope BM finds happiness but he's not a Vol anymore. He's not on my radar.

That actually includes guys who go to the NFL too. I'd be more interested in a former Vol that did something great in private business than any of that.

On the 2nd part, I hope Heupel would say no if he tried to come back because of the way he left. You never need that kind of drama and especially when you are trying to change a culture.

He's not playing anyway, why stay and waste his time?
Because QB1 is a scrambler and prone to get hurt, QB2 will run but looks scared and has already gone down from an injury.
QB3 time to step up.
Seems like you stepped out on your team mates but maybe the guys didn't see him as much of a leader in practice, who knows...
End of the day a person has to do what they think is in their best interest. Also someone said gets his name out there earlier, but by the same token..maybe too early...
With the one time free transfer, a team may be more inclined to wait and see who's available, especially the top tier teams that some here say he's going to

Not sure why the timing is being questioned.

Bailey puts himself out there as an option for teams still looking at QBs in recruiting with a month and a half before early signing day.

He wasn't getting game snaps here barring disaster and Heupel obviously doesn't want him for his offense.

Stuck around longer than I thought he would and I hope he lands in a good spot. Thought he saw the field well and processed things well last season.

Has enough of an arm and mobility to be effective. I think he has plenty of potential especially given the lack of an off season and the coaching transition. Some stability would do him well.

As time goes on people will realize the days of the pro style drop back passer are gone.How many drop back passers have made our defense look bad this year? Alabama,Pitt,and Ole Miss all had QB’s that could run at will.

Reactions: Sara Clark
Because QB1 is a scrambler and prone to get hurt, QB2 will run but looks scared and has already gone down from an injury.
QB3 time to step up.
Seems like you stepped out on your team mates but maybe the guys didn't see him as much of a leader in practice, who knows...
End of the day a person has to do what they think is in their best interest. Also someone said gets his name out there earlier, but by the same token..maybe too early...
With the one time free transfer, a team may be more inclined to wait and see who's available, especially the top tier teams that some here say he's going to

This is a direct result of playing time and looking at the guy coming in. He’s not going to start over Hooker, Milton, or the kid they cherry picked this cycle.

Best of luck to the young man. If Cut is still at Duke next season go and get developed and play ball.

As time goes on people will realize the days of the pro style drop back passer are gone.How many drop back passers have made our defense look bad this year? Alabama,Pitt,and Ole Miss all had QB’s that could run at will.

Contain issues make them look better than they are.

He isnt worse - he isnt built for this type of offense -- Mack Jones wouldnt even have been a starter on this type of offense
If he had separated himself throwing the ball over Milton then he would have been #2. I can't tell you everything he did or did not do because I didn't see it. What has been said is that he wasn't as effective throwing the ball to go along with being the least mobile of the 3. There's nothing special about his arm strength. So if he's not on time or accurate then he's not as good.

It could be that he just can't operate at the speed Heupel wants and make quality decisions. But honestly... that will limit him in most college O's today.

Reactions: Volflyfisher
Wouldn’t surprise me if he transferred to Arkansas state to play with Butch Jones honestly

From 3 recruited QBs to two transfers.
Ouch......I know they were not CJH signees, but that is some seriously poor evaluations. The odds of one being decent should be good. Tayven Jackson better stay solid and pan out..........

There were contain issues. Those are also 3 of the best QB's in CFB this year. I'm not sure they looked better than they are

Corral isn’t that good Tennessee made him look like a Heisman candidate

The kid from Pitt is a pocket passer the Vols just allowed him get enough to move the chains.

Bryce Young is far better than both and the closest things to Dual if your picking from the 3.

I’m only shocked he entered the portal during this season. I’ve been saying for a while now that he was entering the portal after this season. Heupel picked Milton as his guy. Hooker took the job from Milton and Bailey was placed on the back burner. Not to mention that Heupel is recruiting his own future QB which is fine with me. I think Heupel is the real deal and will put UT back on the map soon so…….

VN Store

Back