Tennessee QB Harrison Bailey enters NCAA transfer portal

If there is any program in Division I who's brought in more 4* and 5* quarterbacks that fail to contribute than Tennessee, I do not know of them. Feels like we've wandered the deserts of QB trouble forever,

I wish the guy well. A shame it never worked. A shame he had to come here during the Pruitt fiasco.
I would guess LSU is pretty high on that list.

Georgia is going to snap him up.
Why do you think that? They did not recruit him hard out of HS. He hasn't done anything to prove he has better potential than the 4* and 5* Freshmen they already have on the roster... or their current 4* commit.

And for his part, why would he join a QB room that crowded after being beaten out by Hooker and Milton?

If I were him, I would look at Texas first, UNC, then PSU in that order. Good Path to starting at all 3 next year.

Ole Miss and UNC seem like the most obvious off first glance. Maybe Pitt if he's ok going that far from home.

can't understand why he never got a look. seems impossible for him to that much worse than milton and he at least probably isnt afraid to take a hit.
It isn't impossible. He was 3rd behind Maurer after spring. He did some things and apparently passed Maurer in the fall but was still 3rd behind Milton and Bailey.

It could be system... or maybe he just isn't as good as people thought. I often wondered how much of his success was due to having a monster receiver who would catch anything thrown in his direction regardless of what puny HS kid(s) tried to cover him.

They were hell bent on not playing him. He doesn't owe anyone anything here. Good Luck to him.
To save his redshirt. No he doesn't owe anyone anything but he could've helped his former school and not put himself out one bit. Guess he'll need to get a Gold's Gym membership.

Reactions: 08Vol and vol94
Good luck to this young man. I sure he will find a good spot and be successful.

Sorry to see him go, had such high hopes for him when he signed. A victim of switching to a completely different system for which he was ill suited. I hope he does well somewhere else, and doesn't get an opportunity to whip up on our defense down the road.

If there is any program in Division I who's brought in more 4* and 5* quarterbacks that fail to contribute than Tennessee, I do not know of them. Feels like we've wandered the deserts of QB trouble forever,

I wish the guy well. A shame it never worked. A shame he had to come here during the Pruitt fiasco.

Who are all of the 4 and 5* busts?

Good luck to Bailey at his next destination and this probably makes recruiting two quarterbacks in the next class crucial along with possibly picking one up from the transfer portal.

Who is QB3 at this point?

This young man is going to destroy us in a game sometime in the next four years. It is the Tennessee way. And heaven help us is Hooker gets injured again and Milton is our ONLY backup. I like Coach Heupel and think he is doing some great things. But this one decision is NOT wise
How the hell do you come up with that analogy? What the heck has he shown you that makes you think he’s gonna destroy us? That shows you have zero confidence in this coaching staff in the future.

Good luck young man. You have been a dedicated Vol football player that was lied to and never given a chance. I hate it that you did not have a chance with Heupel. He recruited Milton why at UCF, and no one had a chance until he got hurt. You will do great things wherever you go and I will be pulling for you on Saturdays and then Sunday’s when you are playing in the NFL. Good luck.

VN Store

Back