Tennessee QB Harrison Bailey enters NCAA transfer portal

He will end up at Georgia and he will put up ridiculous numbers vs us in the coming years.
You say that as if it makes you feel better.

Maybe he will. I doubt UGA will take him but maybe they will. Either way... he would not have put up big numbers vs UGA had he stayed at UT. UGA has no trouble signing highly rated QB's and that's all he truly is at this point. The chances of him being recruited over at UGA are about as good as him becoming a successful starter there.

The anticipated one-year recruiting rule change allows a school to replace up to 7 players if they enter the portal. If I read the proposal correctly, the players had to enter the portal after the season ended. If so, HB’s portal entry timing will not allow us replace his roster spot as one of the seven.

Reactions: jonnon111
It's actually bad timing...and unnecessary. We don't get that spot back and there's no advantage. He'll be fine.

Exactly. I wish him the best but let’s not forget that he just quit in the middle of the season and left us with a walk-on as our 3rd string when the two QBs ahead of him have already missed time due to injuries.

Well walk ons need to step up for 3rd string and maybe 2nd string if Milton walks as well. Next man up! Go Vols!

Hope our coaching staff is recruiting this week.

yall-got-anymore-7c71357c23.jpg

This young man is going to destroy us in a game sometime in the next four years. It is the Tennessee way. And heaven help us is Hooker gets injured again and Milton is our ONLY backup. I like Coach Heupel and think he is doing some great things. But this one decision is NOT wise

How do people watch Hooker tear it up every week and still get mad at Heupel for not playing Bailey? It’s gotten completely stupid at this point.
I'm talking about in garbage time to get him some reps to see what he has. It's just a weird situation altogether.

VN Store

Back