Austin Pope
Isaiah Montgomery (Walk on)
Jarious Abercrombie (Walk on) to Ill State
Savion Williams to FIU
Ethan Rinke (Walk on) to South Alabama
Kivon Bennett (Dismissed)
DeAndre Johnson to Mami
Niles Gaddy (Walk on) to Jackson State
Baylen Buchanon (not cleared by UT medical)

Add: Sayeed Shah (Walk On)

Some are seniors, some have been recruited over and some I haven't heard of since the year they got here.
Exactly, most of those players have struggled to see the field. Ty Chandler had promise, but underperformed this year while others ate away at his minutes. Most of the rest that are actually in the portal haven't even broken the starting lineup.

Are we cleaning house, or are they jumping a sinking ship?

Only really 2 productive players Bennett who had to leave due to concealed weapon charge and Chandler who's really solid but saw his numbers dwindle as year went on...rest is no big deal to say least. I say its trimming fat on folks who would never contribute anyway. DeAndre johnson is mixed bag...Pope due to injuries

Jarrett Guarantano
Kasim Hill to R.I.
J.T. Shrout to Colorado
Ty Chandler
Jordan Allen
Jackson Lowe
Brandon Johnson
Austin Pope
Isaiah Montgomery
Jarious Abercrombie to Ill State
Savion Williams to FIU
Ethan Rinke to South Alabama
Kivon Bennett
DeAndre Johnson to Mami
Niles Gaddy to Jackson State
Baylen Buchanon

The only name on here that I would really like to see come back is Shrout. The rest or 4th and 5th year seniors that would be gone in a regular year and are seeking to a better opportunity somewhere else, guys that never played, players with chronic injury problems and criminals. Don’t get me wrong...I am not a Pruitt defender, there are lots of current issues with the program that need to be fixed but this list is not a list of whose who on this team. The 2 players that have said they are coming back (Velus and Cade) and much more important to this team than any of the players opting for portal.

Jarrett Guarantano
Kasim Hill to R.I.
J.T. Shrout to Colorado
Ty Chandler
Jordan Allen
Jackson Lowe
Brandon Johnson
Austin Pope
Isaiah Montgomery
Jarious Abercrombie to Ill State
Savion Williams to FIU
Ethan Rinke to South Alabama
Kivon Bennett
DeAndre Johnson to Mami
Niles Gaddy to Jackson State
Baylen Buchanon

I am thankful for the contributions each of these players made while they were at UT. Hopefully Kivon gets his life straightened out. If Pruitt is a good recruiter, he should not have a problem signing better players to replace the ones transferring out. Ty is the biggest loss. He has been a serviceable RB but not great.

No real big losses here IMO. I think Chandler’s production will be matched next season by Evans or Small (or a combination of the two). If Shrout was our starter next season we would be in trouble as I see him being a bottom tier QB in the SEC. The biggest loss is probably Austin Pope just because of his blocking ability.

No offense to the players (because I appreciate all they do for the team, even as back-ups) but only 3-4 of those players at max were relevant players anyways. And that's regardless who the coach is going forward. DeAndre Johnson and Brandon Johnson were the only starters among this group aside from Bennett who was kicked off the team. Even Chandler had been passed up. It'd be nice to have Chandler, Shrout, DeAndre, and Brandon around in 2021,but I'm not going to sweat those losses.

VN Store

Back