Tennessee parts ways with Holly Warlick

Yeah... the anger toward Holly can stop now. It's over. She didn't try to fail.
There should have never should have been anger to begin with. We all have tried something and failed at one point and time in our lives. She was probably working hard and doing what she thought she needed to do to be successful. Sometimes things just don't work out as planned. Glad it is done and time to move on.

Wow. They actually just fired her. I thought she would resign or be assigned to something else, but fired. Wow.

Reactions: T.J.
Is there really a need to dog her? She followed a legend, very difficult to do. No major embarrassments off the court she just couldnt get it done on the court.

I didn't think that comment was overly harsh to Holly, but I agree that it is time be gracious, and move on. Holly apparently did a lo of things right. She just was not able to get it done on the court.

with Holly's history with the Lady Vol program how could anyone not want her to succeed...she was given the opportunity...she couldn't get it done, but she was a Lady Vol and assistant under a legend, which is very difficult to follow...I only wish her the best of luck...and,

GO LADY VOLS!
It was definitely time for Holly to go, but in all fairness she or hardly anyone would be set up for failure in my opinion. I mean anything less than a final four or at worst elite 8 was not going to be acceptable. That's what happens when you follow a legend and that is the standard. There is probably a very small handful of people who could have followed in Pat's footsteps and had the success we are used to having. With that being said, I believe it will be a little easier for the next coach coming in, instead of following directly after Pat. This of course depends on the hire. If we get a competent, proven coach then we will be ok. If anything is to be learned then it's what the football team has gone through since the Fulmer days. The right hire will be the tell tell sign.

We sure as heck don't need to be slacking off recruiting top notched HS players when a coaching change at UT happens. Still need great players to come in.

It was definitely difficult for Holly to follow Pat Summit's legendary coaching career, but I think she would still be here if she had some answers and seemed like she had a clue to righting the ship so to speak. All we got though was hands on hips, I don't knows, and one line press conferences on i don't understand what happened today. You at least have to have the appearance of knowing what your doing, but she couldn't pull that off. She could get another position with the university, but I think she should coach at a smaller school, work her way back up, and learn a few things. She wouldn't have as much pressure put on her, and maybe she would be successful, who knows.

Reactions: cutiepie5

VN Store

Back