Tennessee parts ways with Adam Tate (AD for football compliance)

Gotta think they've got enough to sufficiently bury us twice over. Only thing that makes sense is that UT plans on going to legal war with Pruitt. Not sure that's a wise move given our tendency to fire coaches every few years. This scorched earth approach will make it even more difficult to draw interest.

So What? Pruitt WAS Dirty, so Pelt Him! Do something that makes SENSE for a change! We have our guy. Letterrip!

I find it laughable that the university is taking the "we would never do this" stance this far. Had Pruitt been successful, anyone who believes this falling on the sword press conference would have ever happened is living in a fantasy world. This whole thing has been a bad soap opera with an absurd script and asinine plot twists. No wonder so many players want to transfer out.
Welp, we will find out during the lawsuit. If the U settles, I will feel more inclined to agree with you.

Gotta think they've got enough to sufficiently bury us twice over. Only thing that makes sense is that UT plans on going to legal war with Pruitt. Not sure that's a wise move given our tendency to fire coaches every few years. This scorched earth approach will make it even more difficult to draw interest.
That’s exactly why I really really hope Heupel is THE guy.
GBO!!

He was part of the mess. If 50 violations are committed while you are in charge of compliance you are either incompetent or complicit or both.

Wonder why they didn’t cut him loose with the others?

He must have been telling everything then, once it blew up.

on-going investigation.... stay tuned, this might not be the end of it...

they thought the investigation would be over within a week of Pruitts firing per Plowman but here we still are. As investigations continue there is more dirt found.
If they've been squeezing Tate for info since November and he's only just now "wrung out" to the point of firing, we're looking at a lot of dirt.

50 violations is sad, though believable, but it's like the whole lid is being lifted. I'm hoping this hasn't or doesn't spread to other sports at UT.

I'm unsure if once the NCAA suspects a lack of Institutional Control at a school, they can or will start looking at all the athletic programs?

If they've been squeezing Tate for info since November and he's only just now "wrung out" to the point of firing, we're looking at a lot of dirt.

50 violations is sad, though believable, but it's like the whole lid is being lifted. I'm hoping this hasn't or doesn't spread to other sports at UT.

I'm unsure if once the NCAA suspects a lack of Institutional Control at a school, they can or will start looking at all the athletic programs?

not sure about looking at other programs or not.. I think they typically just focus on where the dirt has already been identified but the NCAA investigations are never all the same..

b5f95518b1d4eee132af28d3a07a4a1f_w200.gif
That didn't take long?

The NCAA is still upside down on this. If a University discovers its own problems, fires those involved, (ostensibly) asks some star players to move on, and puts procedures in place to prevent future problems then they should be REWARDED with a milder punishment. By levying the same or even worse punishment to those who take action and are transparent... they are directly encouraging programs to cheat and hide it.

Reactions: tbh and Plecoptera
The NCAA is still upside down on this. If a University discovers its own problems, fires those involved, (ostensibly) asks some star players to move on, and puts procedures in place to prevent future problems then they should be REWARDED with a milder punishment. By levying the same or even worse punishment to those who take action and are transparent... they are directly encouraging programs to cheat and hide it.

That I suppose depends on the investigation and just how transparent the university is actually being.

This is like negotiating a plea deal. I wont admit to all the crap I actually did, but I'll tell you everything that guy did if you go easy on me and dont look too hard behind the curtain. I for one am always highly skeptical of "self reporting" when extreme self interest and self preservation are involved.

But on the other hand, I'm also looking side-eyed at the NCAA if they come down on a university for paying kids when paying kids is about to become legal everywhere.

I wonder how they win a lack of institutional control argument with NCAA when you fire the guy that was supposed to be controlling it.. its not IC to react after 50 plus violations with firings. IC is stopping it early on.
Not saying it happened this way but they could have committed 50+ violations in a week pretty easily. A month without a sweat. We don't have the timeline and may never have it. But IC should be measured by how quickly the person NOT fired reacted once learning of the issues. If those above Fulmer did not know prior to November and then investigated and acted as quickly as they did... then that looks like someone was executing control appropriate to their level.

VN Store

Back