Tennessee opens as 5.5 point favorite over Florida Atlantic

I like our matchup...we tend to do well against high scoring teams. Stop #1 for FAU and think you stop the team...Put Mashack on him. I will say that the game worries me, IF we have one of those poor shooting outings. It's probably a good thing we played a game at the garden earlier in the year. Without ZZ, we just need to continue to attack.

We have a extra day of rest plus a chance to scout (watch the game) FD/Fla. Atlantic Sunday night. Should help us.

Reactions: lifeisdeep
We have an extra day of rest plus a chance to scout (watch the game) FD/Fla. Atlantic Sunday night. Should help us.
Not something I’ve seen mentioned before, but Barnes’ has to have assembled a much stronger staff than FAU. We should have a distinct advantage in game planning.

Reactions: johnfnkelly
We must control the pace of the game. Every team we have played this season that likes to run has given us fits (see KY). I think FAU knows that they cannot get into a half court game with us because we will lock them down defensively. Run-and-Gun is their only opportunity to win this game.

I know its March Madness but i honestly will be shocked if we win by less than 10
That's what my heart is telling me too, but it's not so warm and fuzzy when I think about how we've exited the tournament in the last few trips. I wouldn't blame anyone for calling a loss, but I agree, I think we win comfortably.

That's what my heart is telling me too, but it's not so warm and fuzzy when I think about how we've exited the tournament in the last few trips. I wouldn't blame anyone for calling a loss, but I agree, I think we win comfortably.

I'm nervous but this time I'm like good, giddy nervous. Like Christmas Eve as a kid nervous. I think we get it done.

I like our matchup...we tend to do well against high scoring teams. Stop #1 for FAU and think you stop the team...Put Mashack on him. I will say that the game worries me, IF we have one of those poor shooting outings. It's probably a good thing we played a game at the garden earlier in the year. Without ZZ, we just need to continue to attack.
Pretty sure we didn’t play there this year. Maryland game was at Barclays Center.

I'm nervous but this time I'm like good, giddy nervous. Like Christmas Eve as a kid nervous. I think we get it done.
That's what playing with house money feels like.

Making the S16 with this team minus ZZ was enough, for me. Anything else is just gravy. An overachiever is so much easier to cheer for because expectations are completely in check.

Did you miss our games against Missouri?

That's what playing with house money feels like.

Making the S16 with this team minus ZZ was enough, for me. Anything else is just gravy. An overachiever is so much easier to cheer for because expectations are completely in check.

Yep, though if we make it to Saturday I'll probably be more nervous because it's like "This might actually happen."

I’ll be shocked if we don’t pull this out.

We’d really have to stink it up to lose this game.

JJJ and Phillips should have no excuse producing in this game.

Our size and physicality should be enough to wear them down by the 2nd half.

Reactions: walkenvol
We must control the pace of the game. Every team we have played this season that likes to run has given us fits (see KY). I think FAU knows that they cannot get into a half court game with us because we will lock them down defensively. Run-and-Gun is their only opportunity to win this game.

This

JJJ has to redeem himself from tripping over his own feet in MSG against Texas Tech last year.

Reactions: berryvol
Something I've not seen discussed much about FAU that worries me is that they have a lot of players that average double digit minutes. If they're already used to subbing in fresh legs, UT's defense may show cracks late in the game if it's close.
Maybe I'm way off and it's just BVS...

VN Store

Back