Tennessee Not Slipping Away.......

Also get off the clawson bashing, if he leads the offense to 35 points a game and a beating on our biggest rivals you guys will be right back on the wagon praising Fulmer. Which in my opinion doesn't make you half the faithful Tennessee fans the rest of us are.

Vols win SEC in 08" you heard it here.

I agree. CPF has done so much for this program. You guys remember the dowmward spiral we were in during Coach Majors last years? The guy brought us a National Title and now you're ready to crucify him. Blogging this "I hate Fulmer" ******** does nothing but bring UT football down. Do you guys really think that recruits don't read this garbage? Don't get me wrong, I miss the "old UT" from the 90's and would love to get back to dominating the SEC. If we were only winning 6 or 7 games per year, I'd be ready to crucify him too, but the fact is, were coming off a 10 win, SEC championship berth year and I think CPF did a really good job. You have to figure in dealing w/ all the coaching changes as well. Maybe you guys should try getting behind one of the greatest coaches in UT football history rather than forming "picket lines" on volunteer forums.

Funny, but I seem to recall that Coach Majors won the SEC two out of his last three seasons. Hardly a downward spiral. Fulmer is not a good game planner. Fulmer's success has come when he had better talent than his competition and now that same competition has better talent. 1998 was special. The 90s were a good run. Phil has done nothing significant since then. No conference championships. No BCS bowls. Some of you seem to think being that being an also-ran that gets beat in the conference championship game every three years or so is all the Vols are good for. I have more faith in the program and the players and I feel they are hamstrung by a stubborn guy whose refusal to change with the times has resulted in the game passing him by. I am glad that Phil went outside the family for his recent hires but IMO it is too little too late. He should've made these changes after 2005, if not sooner.

And yeah, UTK probably will win the SEC in 2008...in women's basketball.

2 of the last 3 huh? Try 89, 90. The last time I checked Majors didn't leave until the end of 92. It's cool if you don't agree but please try and look up the actual stats before you quote it to someone okay?

2 of the last 3 huh? Try 89, 90. The last time I checked Majors didn't leave until the end of 92. It's cool if you don't agree but please try and look up the actual stats before you quote it to someone okay?

Major's left in the middle of the year in 92 due to heart issues, he didnt stay until the end. Maybe you're the one that needs to look some things up.

Major's left in the middle of the year in 92 due to heart issues, he didnt stay until the end. Maybe you're the one that needs to look some things up.

JM was out at the beginning of the year and coached the majority of the games in 92. I guess using a strict definition he didn't stay until the very end but it was closer than you make it out to be.

This is no attempt to prop up CPF but Majors never had to win a SECCG for his titles. Also, it'd be nice to not have to beat the NC (LSU) or an undefeated team (AU) that should have been playing for one. As for the other LSU loss...I got nuthin.

Just throwing this out there, LSU had two conference losses.

The SEC Championship is just as hard, if not harder, to win than a National Title.

Just some food for thought.

Well Justin, the Vols haven't had a national title since '98 either. A perfect trifecta of irrelavance for nine years and counting.

As I think about it, I guess the Vols are not completely irrelevant for the past nine years becasue they have had the opportunity to derail several potential national champions:
Florida in 2001
Miami in 2003
Georgia in 2004 (very iffy with AU loss) and 2007

JM was out at the beginning of the year and coached the majority of the games in 92. I guess using a strict definition he didn't stay until the very end but it was closer than you make it out to be.

CPF coached the first 3 games and then the bowl game. Look I'm not trying to compare stats. All I'm saying is that you guys don't give CPF the credit he deserves. Can anyone legitimately show proof that CPF is a terrible coach? I don't think you can. I believe in CPF and I trust his judgement. I think coach drayton, coach scott and coach clawson are gonna be great for this program offensively speaking. There may come a time when I lose all faith in CPF, but it's not gonna be this year. I think he's done a fine job going outside the box w/ his new hires. Our recruiting was sub par this year as far as I'm concerned but too many factors weighed in on that to just lay the blame solely on CPF. I choose to stick w/ CPF this year and see what happens. Don't get me wrong, I WANT TO WIN. If we turn out to have sub par year again then save me a picket sign.

CPF coached the first 3 games and then the bowl game. Look I'm not trying to compare stats. All I'm saying is that you guys don't give CPF the credit he deserves.

not really sure why you quoted me since I was responding to a couple of posters attempt to make you look uninformed. Sucks when things like that backfire

It wouldn't matter who our coach was some of you would still be complaining. All we are saying is give these ne coaches a chance. We very well may rank in the top 10 or 15 in offense this year and we have the ability to beat anyone. Our players are good and with a year under their belt some of them could be great. I think most of our problems last year was do to Ainge being afraid to get hit. Routes and plays never got developed and we were throwing 3 yard patterns on 3rd and 10. He got scared and cost us the SEC Championship. If we would have one that game people would be sining a diferent tune. Oh and Watch out for Crompton I think this kid is a warrior and has the heart to bring us back to the top of the football world.

bigO, I don't think Fulmer is terrible. I just think he is very average in a league that has several excellent head coaches. If you'd asked me 10 years ago what I thought of him the answer would've been different but nine years of mediocrity support my current opinion. I think UTK needs someone running the football program who is above average, hopefully someone who is outstanding. My days of giving Fulmer the benefit of the doubt ended in the second half of the 2001 SECCG and he has not done anything to make me think better of him as a football coach since that time. Too many people have been saying 'give it another season' for too long. Sometimes the shine does wear off the apple. :twocents:

Both of Bama's new coordinators are well known D1 coaches who have been around for quit awhile. Kevin Steel is one of the best coaches in the country and developed quit a reputation at Oklahoma. Your reply is what fails.
Kevin Steele coached at Oklahoma when? Never.

As I think about it, I guess the Vols are not completely irrelevant for the past nine years becasue they have had the opportunity to derail several potential national champions:
Florida in 2001
Miami in 2003
Georgia in 2004 (very iffy with AU loss) and 2007
Miami had no shot at the National Title in '03.

If we're just talking about the opportunity to derail potential national champions...we obviously had our shot this year with LSU. If you mean that took advantage of the opportunity (which I think you did), then this year obviously drops out.

VH, I've been meaning to ask... Are you trying to illustrate some duality or paradox with your avatar? You almost have to be the most hopeless, gloomy, depressed, pessimistic Vol fan here... yet you use an avatar of the event that brought the greatest of all hope to mankind.

VH, I've been meaning to ask... Are you trying to illustrate some duality or paradox with your avatar? You almost have to be the most hopeless, gloomy, depressed, pessimistic Vol fan here... yet you use an avatar of the event that brought the greatest of all hope to mankind.
I am waiting for the savior of UTK football, much as the world awaited its spiritual savior. Thank-you for your perceptive inquiry.

I am waiting for the savior of UTK football, much as the world awaited its spiritual savior. Thank-you for your perceptive inquiry.

The spiritual savior of the world was offered to the world and was crucified because they did not recognize him for what he was.

Ye of little faith (and so many posts!!)

The spiritual savior of the world was offered to the world and was crucified because they did not recognize him for what he was.

Ye of little faith (and so many posts!!)
Was he the savior before he was crucified? or was it his sacrifice that provided redemption?

VN Store

Back