Tennessee Next Season

knoxvol52

Every how the roster turns out it seems Tennessee should be predicted no worse than 2nd or 3rd. Of course Kentucky with that loaded recruiting class will be favored but after that every team has issues ,Alabama lost a ton via going pro or transfer,Arkansas is being themselves offering every guy that goes to portal Missouri should fall back some lost best player and a few seniors any other team I forgot to mention here that might be a contender?

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Vols roster is still very much in flux with who's returning versus who's staying - no way to tell, along with it's not a slam dunk that ZZ will be anywhere near the player he was pre-injury. Add in transfers throughout the SEC and I just thinks it's nearly impossible to predict how Vols roster stacks up against the rest of the SEC.

My most hopeful scenario:

JJJ & Vescovi return, ZZ returns to full strength, Julian returns, no transfers, everyone on roster improves, & add a scorer from the portal.

Vols roster is still very much in flux with who's returning versus who's staying - no way to tell, along with it's not a slam dunk that ZZ will be anywhere near the player he was pre-injury. Add in transfers throughout the SEC and I just thinks it's nearly impossible to predict how Vols roster stacks up against the rest of the SEC.

JJJ & Vescovi return, ZZ returns to full strength, Julian returns, no transfers, everyone on roster improves, & add a scorer from the portal.
Go after the big center from Michigan and sign him to a nice NIL deal to play for Tennessee next season

Go after the big center from Michigan and sign him to a nice NIL deal to play for Tennessee next season

That would be a dream scenario, but I haven't heard any serious rumblings about the Vols being in contention for his services, have you? Last I heard, he was a solid bet to return to UM since Caleb Love from UNC signed with them.

I do like that not many of our guys coming back are even considering the portal. I like building a program and having guys for 2+ years personally. 1-2 portal guys a year is good but I don’t wanna be Arkansas every year.

Reactions: TNVOLFN
If you think about it, we haven't been associated with any big men to speak of on any of the recruiting sites, much less any as talented as the Michigan center. Especially when we go cold from 3, we need someone down low who can fill it up. It would be great if we could get him, or someone like him.

If you think about it, we haven't been associated with any big men to speak of on any of the recruiting sites, much less any as talented as the Michigan center. Especially when we go cold from 3, we need someone down low who can fill it up. It would be great if we could get him, or someone like him.

We don't need a 5. We have Aidoo and Estrella, and Awaka can play there in a small lineup. We need a PG and a 4, and spots are tight.

Zz is already back shooting on the court

Zz is already back shooting on the court
That’s way different than cutting and running. Being realistic, it takes most high level athletes two years to fully recover their previous form. Nick Chubb is an example, he was so so the year after he tore his ACL and it hurt his draft stock.

That’s way different than cutting and running. Being realistic, it takes most high level athletes two years to fully recover their previous form. Nick Chubb is an example, he was so so the year after he tore his ACL and it hurt his draft stock.
Don’t you think the size of the athlete would affect ACL surgery recovery? I would think a taller heavier athlete would be a slower recovery versus a 5’-7” guy. JMO

Our largest need is still a point guard. One who can shoot the three, drive the lane, and play tight defense against the three. A scoring and defensive big would be of great help, but the point is where need need the most help

Every how the roster turns out it seems Tennessee should be predicted no worse than 2nd or 3rd. Of course Kentucky with that loaded recruiting class will be favored but after that every team has issues ,Alabama lost a ton via going pro or transfer,Arkansas is being themselves offering every guy that goes to portal Missouri should fall back some lost best player and a few seniors any other team I forgot to mention here that might be a contender?
Well, we finished 5th. Auburn is bringing in a lot of talent and should have a bounce-back year as should Arkansas (in terms of the regular season). Bama/Kentucky should be picked above us. I think will probably be picked 4th or 5th assuming JP doesn't transfer out.

Forgot about TAMU. Not sure what they have returning/coming in.

Last edited:
Really hard to know at this point. The transfer portal creates a mystery every year it appears. Texas A&M was the clear #2 in the SEC and they have a solid cast returning. Kentucky has a ton of talent on board but that recipe hasn’t always worked out. Hate to say it but Auburn is positioned well. The teams at the bottom of the league this year (LSU and Ole Miss) I expect will improve. Looks to be more balanced next year, with no standout. A few important transfers could change that.

Precisely.....I remember the Grant days when we needed a bucket we weren't running back screens to get Bowden open, we were just dumping it down to him in the post and letting him get a bucket because we actually had someone who could do that

Don’t you think the size of the athlete would affect ACL surgery recovery? I would think a taller heavier athlete would be a slower recovery versus a 5’-7” guy. JMO

That’s an excellent point, I hope that proves to be the case with ZZ.

Next season is going to be really entertaining in the SEC, so much talent on a lot of teams

Pre season SEC rankings imo:
1. Arkansas
2. Tennessee
3. A&M
4. UK
5. Missouri
6. Alabama
7. Auburn
8. LSU
9. State
10. Florida
11. Ole miss
12. Georgia
13. South Carolina
14. Vandy

Next season is going to be really entertaining in the SEC, so much talent on a lot of teams

1. Arkansas
2. Tennessee
3. A&M
4. UK
5. Missouri
6. Alabama
7. Auburn
8. LSU
9. State
10. Florida
11. Ole miss
12. Georgia
13. South Carolina
14. Vandy
UK will be be #1, IMO.

1. Arkansas
2. Tennessee
3. A&M
4. UK
5. Missouri
6. Alabama
7. Auburn
8. LSU
9. State
10. Florida
11. Ole miss
12. Georgia
13. South Carolina
14. Vandy
No way UK is 4 with the talent they have coming in

Aidoo has to be an inside force consistently next season.

Mashack takes over the point guard position with Dillone as the backup until Seigler is fully healthy.

Phillips takes the next step and becomes the Vescovi of this team.

Awaka continues to be a rebounding and defensive force.

Carr and Estrella and Jefferson show improvement as the season plays out.

The Maui tournament will be a key stretch for this team.

Reactions: knoxvol52
Aidoo has to be an inside force consistently next season.

Mashack takes over the point guard position with Dillone as the backup until Seigler is fully healthy.

Phillips takes the next step and becomes the Vescovi of this team.

Awaka continues to be a rebounding and defensive force.

Carr and Estrella and Jefferson show improvement as the season plays out.

The Maui tournament will be a key stretch for this team.
Phillips won't be here next year. Better chance Plavi returns.

VN Store

Back