Tennessee moves into top 25 poll at Number 23

Things are really looking up for the LadyVols:cool: I think they win 22-23 games this season:cool:

Outside of the ranked teams on their schedule, I can't imagine them losing to anyone. It feels like this is the kind of team that will win the games they're expected to win, and will also grab a few against the teams they aren't expected to beat. Been a long time since I've had this feeling about the team!

Outside of the ranked teams on their schedule, I can't imagine them losing to anyone. It feels like this is the kind of team that will win the games they're expected to win, and will also grab a few against the teams they aren't expected to beat. Been a long time since I've had this feeling about the team!

I can see them beating Kentucky and giving Arkansas a run for their money. We have Rennia who can match their guard point for point when she is on her game AND hopefully we have an inside weapon with Goldwire coming over.

I can see them beating Kentucky and giving Arkansas a run for their money. We have Rennia who can match their guard point for point when she is on her game AND hopefully we have an inside weapon with Goldwire coming over.

Goldwire...?

I think Tennessee should beat UK as well because of the LV's size inside. UK still has no size. They will have a dangerous backcourt with Patterson, Green and Howard, but their starting 6'1/6'2 posts will get swallowed by Tennessee's trees, and I don't think they have any size waiting on the bench.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Goldwire...?

I think Tennessee should beat UK as well because of the LV's size inside. UK still has no size. They will have a dangerous backcourt with Patterson, Green and Howard, but their starting 6'1/6'2 posts will get swallowed by Tennessee's trees, and I don't think they have any size waiting on the bench.

Lacey Goldwire... the ex Arkansas coach we got on staff

I think the LadyVols go 22-7 and 11-5 in the SEC with losses to Kentucky,South Carolina,Mississippi State,Texas A&M and Arkansas. I think the LadyVols will be a #5 or #6 Seed in the NCAA Tournament.
Both Mississippi State and Texas A&M are at TBA this year. Both had scares to much lesser opponents. I think the LVs take one or both of those games...

Both Mississippi State and Texas A&M are at TBA this year. Both had scares to much lesser opponents. I think the LVs take one or both of those games...

Miss State has been going through their cupcake opponents like the proverbial hot knife. They will be tough because they have better guard play and have the size inside to counter Tennessee. Haven't seen TAMU, but they bring everyone back from a pretty good team and have the best player in the SEC.

I think UK and Arkansas are the most winnable games due to a lack of post size and because Tennessee can dominate them with their huge frontcourt.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Miss State has been going through their cupcake opponents like the proverbial hot knife. They will be tough because they have better guard play and have the size inside to counter Tennessee. Haven't seen TAMU, but they bring everyone back from a pretty good team and have the best player in the SEC.

I think UK and Arkansas are the most winnable games due to a lack of post size and because Tennessee can dominate them with their huge frontcourt.

That may actually be a problem for TX A&M. I watched the Rice game. Carter was on fire in the first half and, even with that TX A&M could only get a 7 point lead. The announcers pointed out that Carter and 1 other player had about 80% of A&M's scoring in the half. She and Wells ended up with 49 of A&M's 62 points. But, in the 2d half Carter went really cold, and it wasn't because Rice's defense on her got particularly better. Carter is both streaky and emotional, in my opinion. If you can take her out of her game, she starts pressing and makes more mistakes. A reasonably good defensive team is going to cause Texas A&M problems. And I think by the time the Lady Vols get to that point in their schedule, they will be a reasonably good defensive team.

It's just my opinion, but from watching that game, if Rice had a competent center, say a Tamari Key or even a Kasi Kushkituah, they would have won that game.

Jim

It's just my opinion, but from watching that game, if Rice had a competent center, say a Tamari Key or even a Kasi Kushkituah, they would have won that game.

Jim

Mulkey isn't the best player, but she's huge and takes up a lot of space in the middle. I expected TAMU's inside players to struggle.

Mulkey isn't the best player, but she's huge and takes up a lot of space in the middle. I expected TAMU's inside players to struggle.

Nancy Mulkey, at 6'9", in 29 minutes of play, had 8 points (4 of which came at the free throw line, otherwise she was 2 of 8 on FGs), 3 blocks and 1, yes, that's right - 1, rebound.

A&M's problem is that they really don't have any depth inside. Other than Ciera Johnson at 6'4", who had 8 points on 4 of 6 shooting and 8 rebounds in 28 minutes of play, their other two post players are a 6'2" forward and the 6'5" junior Center from Latvia, a transfer from Colorado State who is seeing her first appearances as an Aggie.

Jim

Nancy Mulkey, at 6'9", in 29 minutes of play, had 8 points (4 of which came at the free throw line, otherwise she was 2 of 8 on FGs), 3 blocks and 1, yes, that's right - 1, rebound.

A&M's problem is that they really don't have any depth inside. Other than Ciera Johnson at 6'4", who had 8 points on 4 of 6 shooting and 8 rebounds in 28 minutes of play, their other two post players are a 6'2" forward and the 6'5" junior Center from Latvia, a transfer from Colorado State who is seeing her first appearances as an Aggie.

Jim
I didn't say Nancy fills up the stat sheet...just that she takes up a lot of space and can be difficult to operate around. Johnson had a hard time finding good shots, and Jones (who is one of the best rebounders in the SEC) was a complete non factor.

I do agree that TAMU's post depth will hurt them if Jones and/or Johnson have to come out for any stretch of the game.

Reactions: NoBackBoard
Going back to Notre Dame, in part it shows what an injury and an unexpected illness of 2 starters can affect potential wins.
it will be an interesting season because a lot of the contenders are an injury or two away from being out of contention for championships. Oregon, UConn, Texas a&m....

We're going up that ladder
and staying there this time
images

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019

Tolefree and dungee will have to be contained. Both played well at the end
of the season

Tolefree and dungee will have to be contained. Both played well at the end
of the season
Don't forget Ramirez. She makes them much more dangerous.

Having said that, the team still lacks size. So Tennessee's guards can play them tight and let them take their chances amongst the trees. For Arky to win, then those three guards will have to light it up. They very well could, but I think that Tennessee has a better balanced team that will get them the win.

Don't forget Ramirez. She makes them much more dangerous.

Having said that, the team still lacks size. So Tennessee's guards can play them tight and let them take their chances amongst the trees. For Arky to win, then those three guards will have to light it up. They very well could, but I think that Tennessee has a better balanced team that will get them the win.
Ramirez is a player five star amazing three point shooting. I think Arkansas is a legitimate SEC Championship contender this season. I think they are as good as Texas A&M, Miss St, and Kentucky. Tennessee has to play them on the road not a game I'm looking forward to.

VN Store

Back