Tennessee Modernizing Football Ticket Pricing Model Beginning in 2022

No, the troughs need to be there forever. Such a tradition.

Not a more efficient way to do it. I wish these pansies and their Lil peepe insecurity would just stop going to games. It's a bathroom at a football game.. embarrassing people are so insecure they'd rather wait in line while and miss the game instead of using a trough.

Reactions: cardvolfan
Not a more efficient way to do it. I wish these pansies and their Lil peepe insecurity would just stop going to games. It's a bathroom at a football game.. embarrassing people are so insecure they'd rather wait in line while and miss the game instead of using a trough.
Buttercups gonna buttercup.

And it's not like that's the only option, there are the stalls, other restrooms with urinals, women's restrooms, Depends or just catheter up before going in.

Reactions: Birdie
Granted, I briefly read the article and have never purchased season tickets, but it seems like a good thing for most? Sounds like it affects basketball tickets, etc. also.
Yeah, the majority will see a decrease in price. The folks that see a increase, man o' man, they really see an increase. The other group of folks that will likely be irritated, are the ones who are grandfathered in at a very low cost. They'll now have to pay the same as everyone in that section. The BIG change I see, if you made a football donation in the past, you could purchase basketball season tickets without an additional donation. With them making the change to having to pay an additional donation tells me, that's where the money is right now, basketball...and really, that's why I think the change was made. What will be interesting to see, if at some point we have a football team winning 8,9 or 10 games a season, what will they do with prices then?

The $300 in QQ on that chart includes your ticket cost. Looks like no donation necessary for QQ moving forward.
That just seems too good to be true. I’m gonna ha e to call them and ask some questions. I just don’t believe it’s gonna go down in price THAT much.

Reactions: ATC_VOL
Yeah, the majority will see a decrease in price. The folks that see a increase, man o' man, they really see an increase. The other group of folks that will likely be irritated, are the ones who are grandfathered in at a very low cost. They'll now have to pay the same as everyone in that section. The BIG change I see, if you made a football donation in the past, you could purchase basketball season tickets without an additional donation. With them making the change to having to pay an additional donation tells me, that's where the money is right now, basketball...and really, that's why I think the change was made. What will be interesting to see, if at some point we have a football team winning 8,9 or 10 games a season, what will they do with prices then?
Great points on all. I think the big point here is somebody like me (moderate income, younger, etc.) can look at those prices now and be like... maybe! Those upper deck prices in XX, YY, ZZ, etc. aren't bad. The grandfathered folks will be heated, but it really hurts our basketball product the way it's done. TBA is a snooze fest way too often. We need new blood in the lower bowl. It was time for a changing of the guard at UT. I think this truly starts that journey with the fans as well.

Reactions: Sara Clark
No, the troughs need to be there forever. Such a tradition.
For the ladies who can't quite grasp what this discussion means.. I was in the empty stadium this past Summer and took this , just in case, these things disappeared forever. Been going to games since my first in 1965. Love 'em or hate 'em, it's part of the Neyland Experience.

1632416895520.png

For the ladies who can't quite grasp what this discussion means.. I was in the empty stadium this past Summer and took this , just in case, these things disappeared forever. Been going to games since my first in 1965. Love 'em or hate 'em, it's part of the Neyland Experience.

View attachment 396653
Hahaha, the only reason I know of their existence...When leaving the game, I quickly realized I needed to go to the bathroom before walking a mile to the car. Hurriedly, I ran in to a restroom to be amazed at a wall length of sinks. Lol, went in to the bathroom stall, could hear people coming in, no talking. When I stepped out to wash my hands....several men were lined up. I could have killed my hubs, he knew I went in the wrong bathroom.

Had 6 in section T for many years even though I rarely sat in them since the early 2000s, gave them to my kids and attended with friends in the west club level. Much nicer bathrooms there, ha! I gave up my T seats when Fulmer returned with Pruitt in his pocket. I likely wouldn't have paid their current cost even if I'd kept them.

Please update us. If those tickets are $300 flat a piece for the season, I AM IN.
There's a note at the bottom right of the seating diagram:

"All 2022 prices listed include a season ticket + any additional donation cost"

I take that to mean prices are for all fees per seat.
1632420759886.png

Tennessee Fund Modernization

Maybe we can flatten the whole upper part of the stadium. We wont be that good on the field but we can brag about having the biggest deck in the SEC!

Interesting time to attempt to "modernize" the seating and ticket programs, as well as the stadium, at a time where fan apathy is at record levels and season ticket sales, under the old model, are at a post Majors era all time low, 52,000 +/-, maybe that is the time to do that, when nobody cares or before the NCAA pummels the program with sanctions, bowl bans and painful scholarship limitations for a decade and nobody will given two hoots or $20 for a pair between the 40's.

But there are plenty of good seats available even this season, but demand and interest is not there and may not be there next year with a string of noon kickoffs and a team with a losing record against everyone in the SEC over the last 10 years except for Mississippi State, Kentucky and Vanderbilt.

Will be interesting to see how they price men's basketball, women's basketball, played in the same arena will probably be less than a third of what men's tickets will cost, once fans lose interest, it is hard to win them back, particularly if it costs lots more than when they used to win lots of games.

Hahaha, the only reason I know of their existence...When leaving the game, I quickly realized I needed to go to the bathroom before walking a mile to the car. Hurriedly, I ran in to a restroom to be amazed at a wall length of sinks. Lol, went in to the bathroom stall, could hear people coming in, no talking. When I stepped out to wash my hands....several men were lined up. I could have killed my hubs, he knew I went in the wrong bathroom.
So the "no talking" thing makes sense to you!!

I'm officially priced out. I'm on staff at UT and thus I've never had to pay a donation, that was always considered a perk of working for the university. If I keep the same seats I have now, the seats I paid $335 per seat this year suddenly becomes $950. A $600 jump per seat is not something I'm interested in doing.

Reactions: BucksnortVol

VN Store

Back